Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
:( There was a time when I worked in the factory for 10 years up to 2004 I knew every band/artist/song, good and bad in the charts with listening to the radio 12 hours a day. Now the only time I listen to the radio is the odd time I get an english taxi driver who plays a recognisable station, and thank god its a short journey into town. Looking at that list the majority of it means nothing to me as I dont even know who they are or what they sound like but I imagine its like most of the manufactured X factor toss that I catch on adverts on tv etc. The only new music that has caught my attention of late that is worth a listen for me is the new Noel Gallagher album. The only other band I would go and actually see live would probably be Kasabian or one that has been making proper music for some time

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Thats shocking,just shows you how important advertising and downloads can progress your bank balance and up your sales.Who the fook buys barbara streisand records(140 million)....:)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Twice as many people on earth now as the 60's and once a track is released now, it's heard worldwide instantly, so it's hardly surprising I guess. Most of the greats had to do long tours.

Still, it works both ways, and good to see people posting good stuff on FB when I do bother to go on there.

The most disappointing thing for me these days is the end of the record shop in every town and the buzz I got from them :| I still can't pass one without looking inside;)

Bonanza

Nov 2, 2011
Ellesmere Port
Its no suprise really, people have had more money to spend that ever over the last 10 years or so, buying music or anything is easier than ever and of course most people are tasteless, brainless fuckwits!!!

Obviously I don't include any OSA listener in the above group.

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
A personal story from many years back which till now I haven't revealed is that I won a very very large sum of money on the U.S National Lottery when working in Ohio as a BP construction contractor.

Who the fook buys barbara streisand records(140 million)....:)

I loved Barbara Streisand at the time. Actually I went a bit mad and I personally bought 1.38 Million of those particular records.

It was me that bought them, mainly anyway :D