The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
how pathetic are these guys?!

"im only selling up coz the missus is hasseling me"
" my missus wants the spare room"
" my missus said its her or them"

"my missus cut off my balls?!?!?!?!"

wtf are these guys!?

what would ur answers be to ur mister/missus as a vinyl collector und Deejay?!

"im only selling up coz the missus is hasseling me"

tell her to sell her shoes,handbags,make up,colletable ornaments

" my missus wants the spare room"

buy a bigger house

" my missus said its her or them"

buy a smaller house, she can move out

weak feeble efforts! GRAB UR GOLDEN BALLS AND SAY OI BITCH NOOOO!!!

mocking over!!:p

Lozzie said:
There is quite alot of peeps selling their records at the mo.

I think the "my missus needs the spare room" line is well....er, wimpy!
I would put up a right fight, unless of course I didn't want to. And thought, yeh, the spare room would be better used as a room for your mother to come and stay dear.....er :confused:

i live at homw with my parents! lol

lippiatte

Apr 1, 2004
Orlando, Florida, USA
DJJAMIII said:
they dont even have to love the music, just love the fact they are first priority (after peoples lives) in the event of, fire, floods, new ice ages, killer wolves, the borrowers etc etc...

i'm with you on this one fella....in the event of a fire, the pecking order is as such:

1. me and my wife
2. the 2 kitty cats
3. the records....more specifically...my downtempo records.

everything else in the house is replaceable is the way i sees it.

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
at least they had a choice
when i moved from my mums i did not have much room at the new place so i left a load of records at my mums and just took what i was playing at the time seen as she had a massive house and loads of spare room
anyway my mum and dad asked me a couple of times to take them to my new flat and i just never got round to it
so when they had a clear out they decided to sell them at a car boot sale my dad sold them for 10 and 20 p and and then sold whatever was left as a job lot to some lad for a tenner
he was really proud when he made about £15 off them
they did not even warn me they were going to do it
so that was it years of collecting and money for nothing there was some corking tunes in that lot as well i've paid more than what he made on replacing single records out of that collection :mad:
i bet whoever bought them could not belive there luck when they found that lot
as for someone telling me to get rid no chance (as many a ex has found out)
she'd be down the road faster than she could say "sell them" lol

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
chris17 said:
at least they had a choice
when i moved from my mums i did not have much room at the new place so i left a load of records at my mums and just took what i was playing at the time seen as she had a massive house and loads of spare room
anyway my mum and dad asked me a couple of times to take them to my new flat and i just never got round to it
so when they had a clear out they decided to sell them at a car boot sale my dad sold them for 10 and 20 p and and then sold whatever was left as a job lot to some lad for a tenner
he was really proud when he made about £15 off them
they did not even warn me they were going to do it
so that was it years of collecting and money for nothing there was some corking tunes in that lot as well i've paid more than what he made on replacing single records out of that collection :mad:
i bet whoever bought them could not belive there luck when they found that lot
as for someone telling me to get rid no chance (as many a ex has found out)
she'd be down the road faster than she could say "sell them" lol

OMG!!! Nightmare :cry:

I thought i had it bad when me mum took all my old fantazia etc tapes to oxfam, lol!! Sellin all your tunes for 20p :eek: :| eek!!

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
pauly p said:
I Don`t think I could ever have a missus who wasnt into the music too :S

My missus couldnt give a hoot about my tunes, she likes some of em, mainly stuff like Voice of Africa and vocally Hac stuff like Promised Land

Personally I think it depends on the woman, some are into the same type of music as you, some don't mind as long as yer happy, or some are complete cows who enjoy making yer life a misery

As said before, the tunes are part of the package, if you dont like it woman, sling yer hook:thumbsup:

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
Miss saysay said:
OMG!!! Nightmare :cry:

I thought i had it bad when me mum took all my old fantazia etc tapes to oxfam, lol!! Sellin all your tunes for 20p :eek: :| eek!!

all she said to me was i told you to shift them so its your own fault
i only found out cause my mum cause she started laughing when i said i was off to her house to try and find a tune
apparently they had a lovely pub lunch with the profit
and they never did offer me the money they made my dad just said it was rent for storing them for a ages:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
chris17 said:
i only found out cause my mum cause she started laughing when i said i was off to her house to try and find a tune
and they never did offer me the money they made my dad just said it was rent for storing them for a ages:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I think i would have cried for a week. lol

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
chris17 said:

I think you have extremely good evidence for divorcing your parents there;)

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
oldskoolkidder said:
wota nightmare!!!

u got mosta the tunes back which ya parents floggd then!??

could not say there was a lot of crap there but also a lot of classics that i'd stored cause they was not quite the style i was playing at the time
i could not put a price on what i've spent replacing them cant even remember what was there exactly but when i'm out now and hear a tune and think i've got this somewhere i remember i dont cause it was at my mums
only last week i was in the loft looking for a tune i was sure i had and its nowhere to be seen
also my sister had taken a few out of it before my mum sold them which i noticed when i went for a sunday dinner and looked on her bookshelf and she tried to say she'd bought them from luigi's (nowt like family loylty lol)
anyway i did not find out for a long time after so there was no point kicking off :(