Nick Grayson @ Konspiracy, Manchester, July '90

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
1. Reese 'Rock to the Beat' (Mike Wilsons Hitman Mix)
2. Annette 'Dream 17'
3. Mantronix 'Don't You Want Some More'
4. Rhythmatic 'Take Me Back'
5. Musto & Bones 'All I Want is to Get Away'
6. 2 in a Room 'Take Me Away'
7. Together 'Hardcore Uproar'
8. Sweet Mercy 'Reach Out'
9. Pierre Feroldi Ft Linda Ray 'Movin' Now'
10. Dirty Mind 'The Killer'
11. How II House 'Time to Feel the Rhythm'
12. G & V Jay 'Gonna Get the Boy'
13. Brothers in Rhythm 'Peace & Harmony'
14. Don Pablos Animals 'Venus'
15. C+M Connection 'Another Night'
16. E-Zee Possee 'Everything Sarts With An E' (Instrumental)
17. Acts of Madmen 'The Dream'

Last edited:

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Here you go...

Also, you don't know the mix on #16 do you?

Attachments

• Track03 - Mantronix 'Don't You Want Some More'.mp3
    235.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Track08.mp3
    232.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Track16 - E-Zee Posse 'Everything Sarts With An E' ..what mix.mp3
    235.3 KB · Views: 217

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
just been emailed by Nick Grayson saying that this mix was done by him when he was resident at Konspiracy

hopefully he will be able to supply the other side of the mix and hopefully some more Konspiracy mixes too, as theres not many around :thumbsup:

nigel3111

Apr 30, 2006
Leeds
Yeah, Ive got that Disco Universe Orchestra tune and it sounds very similar to this, I think they must have used the vocals but its definately not the #8, it must be Sweet Mercy. I only got the Disco Universe Orchestra in 93/94 so unless it was a re release or a remix it wasnt released until then....

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
nick grayson was a top dj at the time, im sure he used to work in eastern bloc too if my memory serves me right.hope he does have some more mixes knockin around coz he was quality.
DAMO:cool:

butts

Mar 25, 2006
Who were the Dj's in the room downstairs with the stage and mirrors? DJ booth was directly opposite the stage.

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
Who were the Dj's in the room downstairs with the stage and mirrors? DJ booth was directly opposite the stage.

some times it was the geezer who used to be married to my aunty,guy called dave jones.(used to be in a group called d.u.b federation.) pig c also used to warm up for him too in there. wicked club, top nights but dodgy as fook characters,just what u need to make a memorable evening.lol
DAMO;)

nick grayson

Apr 8, 2007
hiya all
majority of the time it was the jam mcs themselves that did that room (they felt it had the best atmos) although i did it also in the early days when they were not sure which room they wanted
damo is right dave did it for a time as did the madhatter and later on even the mighty nipper did that room

for all you balearic types (not many on here i bet) chris used to open the caves at the back of the club for justin and greg to do their thing

nick

Billy Liar

Sep 15, 2003
Uckerschmuck
Hello..

get some tapes ripped and up will ya....
that is the only audio us fellas on here who went ,have had for the last 17 years..been rootin high and low..
Spent many happy nights there till some twat ran downstairs with a gun onto the dancefloor.
So thats wot woz said , tho i wunt know cos i woz hiding in "one of them holes at the back wall" ,shitting ones-self due to bad ohms and billy.
Did John Berry used to do the downstairs also....?

Welcome aboard .

billy :mexican:

king coe

Aug 8, 2002
somewhere in an area near you
missed this the 1st time round, i used to go this joint a fair bit on a saturday night, i was there one night where there was a big bang! yup it was some fucker letting a gun off! maybe neil you know what night that was? any idea what date? we all got ushered out quick smart and never went again!!! :cops:

bexleydurden

Jun 8, 2008
'Sconge, West Lancs
I've heard it's the store room for a Nicky Clarke hair salon now??!!

It always seemed so vast in there. Like a rat run of tunnels. My mates and I thought we were in the bat cave. Was the guy in the middle of the dance floor waving his gun in the air for a bit?? I seem to vaguely remember that? :S

king coe

Aug 8, 2002
somewhere in an area near you
im not sure mate, all i can remember is not being able to see anything for smoke and being off my chops on a trip, then i heard a bang and my mate says come on we are out of here, we were outside and all hell broke loose so we fucked off sharpish.