Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Shooms said:
likewise :eek: :| :$ n I've seem some right horrible pics of me

Prolly not the best idrea to have a pic taken on the way out home drippin like a sweat monster n fecked...

oooo but its for the memories. Who cares, we are all sexy mother truckers, and it is a good documentation of the nights events. :)

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
Glad to hear you all had a good'n :)
Lou said you were a right load of messy b*stards :) LOL ha ha
Shame I missed out :). I was asleep in the pub by 1:30am.
Will defo make it out next time.

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
This is my first review in about a year and a half cos that is how long it has been since i have been out.

I went out round warrington with lee and a few friends and lee suggested we walk up and see if we can get in as we hadnt put our name down or anything after stood outside for about 15mins i think it was noggy who came down and said we could come in thanks noggy glad you did i had a well good night.:thumbsup:

It was so nice to see you all again vee,lozza,shabba,sweet,loulou,joker,va,supadan,butty quey,shooms,cano saysay, it has been well to long,And some people i have not met before pissbag,silky,lil sonz(think i have met you before but only once) i had to stay down stairs most of the night as i could hack the heat upstairs and i forgot a bobble ended up having a cable tie in my hair most of the night i rembember asking someone if i could buy their bobble of them lol.

NS sorry i missed you but couldnt find you and your fella said you would be in no fit state to know i was there anyway.:love: Someone came up to me and asked me if i was northan star she must of been on the look out for you .

Thanks to everyone for an ace night i will most prob be out in another year or two;)

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
bubbles said:

NS sorry i missed you but couldnt find you and your fella said you would be in no fit state to know i was there anyway.:love: Someone came up to me and asked me if i was northan star she must of been on the look out for you .][/QUOTE=bubbles]

He's a cheeky sod i was fine as i was driving, was just very hot and huddled in the far corner where the door was open upstairs, prolly why i missed everyone cus i wasnt for moving from that spot :$

I bet that was jayne as she found me a little later on :thumbsup:

Gutted i missed you both tho and leedj :( nice to see tim and mart again and meet amy for the 1st time :thumbsup: Shabbs i had no idea tht was your sister hun:$ and big up silkster for travelling such a long way...good to see you dude) ;)

As to everyone else was ace seeing you and Ed the Ball i did meet you at the last one, although i didnt know that was you m8 :p The Legends crowd is unique and i hope to be able to meet up again. :thumbsup:

Big up the boys mike, noggy, mark and everyone else involved for goin all out:thumbsup: safe travells mike :thumbsup: :wave:

Last edited:
Righto...

Top night out :D

Firstly huuuuuge fanks to Noggy, Woody & Bucky & anyone else involved in the admin side for making this night happen - much appreciated chaps :D

Legends reunion nights are always a bit special n I'll tell yer for why in my opinion... Legends always struck me as very much a Warrington secret, summat special that local lads Woody & Noggy had pulled together with local mad 'eds :D The reputation grew coz of the atmos & the tunes & firmly cemented the reputation of Legends... but 1st n foremeost it was a family thing...

This deffo comes out in the Reunions... you can tell that it's almost like a school reunion - peeps that haven't seen each other for years meeting up & reliving the old days... not to say it's cliquey - far from it - if you are bang up for it, dancing, smiling, whistling & cheering you are made part of the family :D Couldn't believe how many peeps came up & said I remem you from the last Legends night, shaking me hands n that - proper friendly :king:

What I love about Legends nights is the early warmup tunes - hardly know a single one but they are all ace :D Think Noggy said summat similar up there ^^^ but Legends deffo made their rep on having THEIR style & it was unique... you still hear it today when talking about tunes... "Yeah - huge Legends tune that.." etc etc & Sat night was no exception - loads of proper nice unknowns being played - thank fuck for being at the bar with Konspiracy ;) On a mish to find a few now :D

The club WAS proper sauna tackle but that's how clubs were back in the day pre air con n that... proper sweat boxes... basically if you weren't wearing a shirt you could wring out then you weren't partying enough ;) :jumpin:

Well chuffed with the OSA turnout & special mentions to Konspiracy (been too long bro), Silky (buzzin all night off you mate - totally fun lad to be around :D I'll PM you those IDs btw), KT & Lee (lovely to see yer :D ) & special HUUUUGE mention to the living legend of a man-mountain that is Ed_the_Ball :king: Twatted ain't the word :D :D Grinnin like a cheshire cat gettin everyone buzzin & leaving destruction in his wake :D Top top fella :D

Finally fanks to Noggy & Woody for the tunes - some right special moments
for me - especially Psychotropic - Hypnosis, DOP - Take me & Noggy's mix of Zhane pella over Baby June :king: Top work lads & all the best to Woody n missus for yer new life down under :thumbsup:

PS If you haven't done it already just signed up to

http://www.lovelegends.com/

:D

Last edited:

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
Had an ace if not a bit hot nite, sorry to Northern Star & co for being such a liteweight & the reason we had to get off earlier than planned :$ :$ :$

Big up to all the Legends Reunion crew that made the nite happen ur stars :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Was good to see such a big osa turnout, it's been a while since so many were in one place especially good to see bubbles & rabbitcity out, it's been too long :love: :love: :love:

Big hello :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: to all those that made it out was top to see u all!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
My ears are still ringing, I'm still sweating and my heads up my ar$e !!
Authentic night out :thumbsup:

Many congrats to Mike and Darren for pulling off another fantastic night at the WA1; yes even better than the first :thumbsup: . And thats even including the authentic half an hour queue to get in :S and the furnace like heating :crazy:

Me, Sarah & Jonny had started off at D-percussion, which was pretty dire tbh; bar the odd few decent tracks by different performers, I guess it was only early, and some of the headline acts were still to arrive. At least I got to try curried goat... yummy. But by the time we caught the train we were all pretty merry. Checked in to the hotel and got the party products out to play. Me and Sarah went to Cairo 15 and left Jonny to nap/change/toss :confused: Cairo 15 was proper posh, and felt quite scruffy. Though I thought I had better be properly attired for WA1. :)
Relieved to finally get in WA1; quite a few people were anxious that the club was already full as the queue was moving so slowly. Few more drinks passed and I eased myself in to a prime spot in front of the right hand speaker phones: an hour or so later and my eyes were going cross-eyed again ( I wonder why :confused: ) I think I managed to keep myself off the stage for the first time in a few nights out :ghost: . But having Sarah out on her first old school night and seeing me off my twizzle-sticks for the first time I thought I better show some sort of restraint :eek: . Even so she had a fantastic night too. Fabulous to be in the company of so many nice people yet again.

I can't talk too much about the tunes it all seems to have been a complete blur and ended too soon. But I was made up when after Rocking the Kasbah had been played and everyone had expected it to be the last tune, that a few more came on.

Jonny suggested we should go on to the Gabba club :naughty: . I said it was the last thing I wanted to do after my ears had been made love to all night(was to go there)

Great to see you all out again. I think everyone has been mentioned. And it seems I didn't meet a couple of you. Sowwy.

Met a few new legends peeps; Kev74, Fozzy, Drums and Wires, Mo, Tracey and Ashley (who I thought was Asha last time :| )

I'm almost not sorry it was the last reunion. Given that it was such a fantastic send off. :thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:) I'm sooooo glad that you all had a top night guys!!!

Noggy Im so sorry that I wasnt there to show you my support but due to one to many troubles I just couldnt make it, I was however thinking of you guys all night long tho!!!

God bless Ya's all!!!

S-J x :love:

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Well Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What a top w.end i had, u guys made it so special for me, im gonna have to do a OSCAR stylee thanks to everyone!!!

Woody & Dannster - Dood's thanks for the place to crash and Dannster for the scratching lesson!!! Gonna av to get myself a few DJ Tool Vinyls!!, Woody thanks for being so paitent with me when my phone died and generally lookin out 4 me!!!

Dan & Vee - For a wicked nite and the after party and then waking me up to show me what u bort at the Car Boot sale, Long live John!!!!!!!!!!!

VA - Well that man can talk Paint off a wall but for some reason id love to be in that man's head for a Day! Top Top bloke with a lot of appreciation for what i do as a hobby.

Shabba & Her Sis - Well well Shabbs you never told me how cute your sister was ;) So nice to see you again, loved the massive hug you gave me :love: and bobbin around me all nite long!!!

Shooms - Massive thanks to you mate, u made my nite. What a legend, people should take note on how to rave when out, this man has it all STYLE, Grace & above all SWEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Many thanks for puttin up with me goin "WHATS THIS CHOON" etc etc. get those ID to me big boy!!! and ill av that copy of Paris Red!!!

Pauly P & Sweet Sensation - Was well funny when i introduced myself to Pauly i needed a step ladder just to be chest height, us two ranting about Booka Shade. And Sweet, as soon as i mentioned who i was, for the rest of the nite i couldnt help but smile at you everytime you looked over a lady with a lot of energy!!! A wicked party girl, and ill take your offer on the engagement party that would b lovely!

Neil & Trace or should i say (Romeo & Juliet) - You two are very sweet dancing together all nite long. Would be nice 2 meet ya both out of the club for a good old chat!!! I have a lot of time for u both,

Butty - Told you id get you that drink, nice to see you again fella, hope the brandy went down well the nxt day!!

Lou Lou - If it wasn't for you hun id never of got home, felt bad pushing Woody for a lift bak as he wasnt in a fit state to drive at all LOL, and for the wicked chat about where we live and life's funny stories you truly are a star!!! Thank you so much!!

Tim - Was desperate to meet you fella, so glad i did, i reckon we could sit and talk choonz for hours, top man and i hope it aint long b4 i c u again!!!!

And a massive thanks to everyone else who were so nice to me, it makes that journey so worthwhile, Proper Buzzin!!!!!!!!

Gonna need some serious kip now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I wasn't gonna comment on this night as I didn't have the same quality of night as the last one - through being too wrecked:fekked: and the last one being so good:cool:

It was good to finally meet Silky though (especially after all the summer do talk we had earlier in the year - a real shame there was a few probs in the end so it wasn't to be :( ) couldn't believe you looked so fresh amongst the carnage :eek: Lozzie, Konspiracy and one or 2 others too, but it would have been better on any other night as I was just a big sweaty mess lol:D

The music was spot on though with breakbeat after breakbeat (probably better tunes than last time :cool: ) and that kept me going through the night:thumbsup:

A real shame that had to be the last Legends Reunion:cry:

noggy

Mar 6, 2005
i think the heat took its toll on evryone,i had asked for aircon units to be hired and was told not a problem,i got there in the afternoon fuck all was there we got screwed on the door and was there until 7:15 before the doors opened at 9 moving chairs and tables they more than took the piss with us,so sorry about the heat it was out of our hands:(

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Was just a freak weather phenominon too and unavoidable, the weather girl said it was very high humidity and that made it unusually sticky:( Any other place though and it would have been dead by 11pm so it's testament to how good the night was that it was still rocking until the end:thumbsup: :cool:

Other factors played a massive part in me not having the same experience. I wish the event could keep going though as it gotta be the best night about these days:cool: