In My House - August 25th - Tony Ross 2 hour special

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Joldskool

Registered Member
Nov 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
the burning question I have was who in gods name was the girl walking (or rather stumbling) round the entire night grabbing crotches and trying to snog everyone she came in contact with? I was a slightly scared later on....:eek: :eek:

:fekked: :fekked: :fekked: ...the slightly intoxicated sheila, bouncing off walls???!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yeh remember her, thought she was asking me to
throw sum' shapes' at one point. Well thats until she fell ova' like what I can only describe as a sack o'spuds!! (knocking mi' drink ova' an'll) :eyebrow: :crazy:

Last edited:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
:fekked: :fekked: :fekked: ...the slightly intoxicated sheila, bouncing off walls???!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yeh remember her, thought she was asking me to
throw sum' shapes' at one point. Well thats until she fell ova' like what I can only describe as a sack o'spuds!! (knocking mi' drink ova' an'll) :eyebrow: :crazy:

the chick rather pissed up with the stripy top n glasses by any chance.......???

think she was something to do with amy..................should of give her a pasty, that would of sobered her up:rofl:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
the chick rather pissed up with the stripy top n glasses by any chance.......???

think she was something to do with amy..................should of give her a pasty, that would of sobered her up:rofl:

Amy's friend was called Jill. Not sure it was her, I never got felt up anyway!!

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Well first of all a really big thanks to messers Woody, Cano and Say Say for organising another great night for us. Without their enthusiasm and efforts, I would not be writing this.

Also a real big up to number one super guy Tony Ross, who once again played some real belters for our delectation and delight!

Cano played a great warm up set as usual and I even recall the strains of Bill Withers at one point!

Tony played a load of fat, dirty basslines which were right up my street mate.

Trace, great set mate, you'll make a good DJ one day! By the way Wendy James was fit mate. . . ;)

Woody, top show and thanks for playing Electronic again. . provided a comedy moment with some friends! They know who they are!

Shame the smoking ban distracted so many people from the dance floor, even those that were not smoking themselves! I was guilty of this also and I think we need to buck our ideas up and support our mates on the decks more. I will be making an effort to stay downstairs next time, hope others can join me?

That said, was still a grand night out and good to see.. . . Adam W, Jigs, Tom Kate, Joanne, Steve, Steve Williams, Pepe, Sarah, Amy, Jill, Davey, Buzz you nutter, Warren, Nics, Debs, Hawk, Marcus, Paul Oakenfold (John), Jack G, Vee, Dan, Stylee, Lou Lou, Slaggy, T.C: and many more but I'm flagging now.

Sorry to miss the mash ups later, but probably feel better for it!!

See you all soon and once again big thanks to the lovely people who organised it!:love: :thumbsup: :wave:

Last edited:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish

Could have been Jill........I didnt know what to do with her. Later on in the evening she tried to pay for a kebab with 10p. Sorry everyone :crazy: :$

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
Could have been Jill........I didnt know what to do with her. Later on in the evening she tried to pay for a kebab with 10p. Sorry everyone :crazy: :$

Hehe she made me laugh anyways, got grabbed at the bar, then when we were talking to you over by the entrance, both time i could hear the words "why are you leaving me, come back here" echoing behind me hehe, funny girl i thought :)

good to see you again Amy :thumbsup:

Davey

Apr 29, 2006
north west
Top night again! ..thanks to the people who put this event on. After being let down at the last minute due to unforeseen family comments by Inchigh (which couldn't be helped) decided to come down on my own.

Got a lift of my wife there but had to get there early because she was going out herself. So I got there about 7:30, think I was the first one there lol. First people I recognised that turned up was Buzz then Tony Ross & Tony's mate could of even been a relative sorry for not remembering you name, (belting lad though) & at least you didn't smoke lol. Had a couple of beers & a chinwag with them in the upstairs bar until it was time to go down into the club.

Got down into the club and bumped into Cano, SaySay & Woody and said a quick hello then sat with Tony & his mate & Buzz for a while until other folks started to arrive (thanks for the beers you guys). Enjoyed Cano style of tunes brilliant mate, must of been hard for you not being able to smoke while you were playing.

Began to mingle a bit after that and tried and meet some of the folks off the board, did chat to a few of you be it briefly (forgive if I miss you out) pepe le pew, northern star, dannster damo, superdan, nics, jiglo, mr radish (sorry my sense of humour wasn't up to much) Joanie-mill:cool: and Jack G :king: who I spent alot of time talking to (least he don't smoke lol) and I must say he's a top man enjoyed talking to you & thanks for the drinks.

The smoking ban definitely had an impact on the night, there were people that I would of like to have met but were outside having a fag lol :condom:
Thought all Dj sets were top draw enjoyed the music. One of the highlights for me was when woody dropped that Lamont Dozier track going back to my roots made my jaw drop:jawdrop:lol brilliant track never expected to hear that in a million years was made up:D
Another moment I remember was during Tony's set when he used I think it was thunder storm sound effects just before bringing the next tune in, was very dramatic & I loved that. I remember Say Say telling me she was nervous as she was due to go on after Tony's set. Well the nerves didn't show trace you looked cool as a cucumber & played a blinder, saw people throwing plenty of shapes to your set he he.

Good night enjoyed once again sorry if I missed anyone out.

:thumbsup:

Jizzle

Dec 17, 2004
Manchester
Had an incredible evening.

Huge respect to the promoters for being brave enough to go in this direction with a night. So refreshing to hear new tracks, new mixes and a variety in the DJ's styles.

It has been a long time since a DJ has taken me anywhere with a mix. I had forgotten what a real pleasure it is to be suprised on a dance floor. That giddy excitement of hearing a tune for the first time and it tearing your head off! Fcuk Yeah! phones:

I hope your in this for the long haul. I have had too many nights out where you are battered into submission with a none stop onslaught of predictable anthems and mixes. This was the antidote, I just found me a new favourite club :D

Really great stuff guys.

Thanks again to Dannster for saving me a trip to the dentist.

Thanks to Amy for allowing me to clarify, the first time you meet somebody should never have that outcome.

See you all at the next one :D

gaginforit

Aug 7, 2007
Manchester
www.myspace.com
lol i remeber the girl who was er falling about and sliding down the walls

what i really wana know is who the really fit girl with black permed hair is should of got her number :eyebrow:

if i would of stopped dancing for 5 mins i might have even got her name lol ... :cry:

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
usually there are photos posted of the nights - none for this have gone up so far.......maybe someone caught a picci off her and might recognise her for ya, who knows :thumbsup:

woody

Firstly i would like to thank everyone who made it down on saturday:thumbsup: You lot make the night what it is, and without yas it would be a much poorer state of affairs! That, tbh is the main reason why we dont do flyers or posters and advertise it to the public. The best crowd to have is a happy crowd, who feel safe as fark with everyone and everything, so im figuring why spoil it:king: After the last one, I thought to myself thats the first time since hazydayz have i seen so many happy smiley faces bouncing about together, and it made me buzz loads:D I was quite disapointed personally with this one, in comparison to the previous like. I was running round like a mad un trying to get stuff sorted, whilst praying for rain, giving directions, and trying to coax people back inside for much of the first few hours so apologies to anyone i might not have been myself with:$l:D I really hate the smoking ban lol, I think it has such a negative impact on the flow of the evening, constant stream of people in and out and empty/busy/empty/busy madness on the dancefloor, didnt do us any favours, but everyone i spoke to had really great evenings, so i'm glad it didnt affect you's too much. The whole august bank holiday weekend isnt the ideal choice of date tbh, with creamfields and various festys on, not to mention sankeys hac doo, but i thought there was a reasonable enough amount of people there(tho not as many as last time) its just a shame that we seem to attract alot of smokers :p j/k its just a shame people are in and out alot:(

The range of music was again quite varied in both styles and years, some more well known stuff mixed up with some lesser known beasties all round, so well done you lot againphones: :thumbsup: Its much harder to build the crowd up with people in and out, so especially well done:king:

Personally it took me a few mixes to get into it, and my first few mixes were a bit shite. Whether that was due to the 6 hours worth of brandy and coke swishing round my belly:pixie: or coz of my shitty mood i dunno but after a few mixes i got well into it and i erm think it got better lol. I was made up the doorman came down early and told me 5mins so i had time to play the last tune (Richie Havens - Going back to my Roots) i thought that was a nice touch:thumbsup:

Thanks as usual to the mashup hosterers:thumbsup: as mad as ever in a more chilled ish way if that makes no sense or not :S :axe: :p :D

Was nice to be able to continue the party back at mine after the footy too, Buzz likes Rod Stewart by the way:p

So all in all, a great weekend. Thanks again for everyone who made it so special. :king: :love: :cool: :thumbsup: TC, Luv ya:love: Thanks for putting up with me this weekend :D

:king: phones: :thumbsup:

Ps Massive apologies to Pepe:$ will rectify that mate, promise:thumbsup:

oooh nearly forgot, Ace as FUCK to see the man like Tonksi :tonksi:out with his lovely missus Michelle:king: Hope you had a top nite, will come visit soon mate:thumbsup:

woody

Had an incredible evening.

Huge respect to the promoters for being brave enough to go in this direction with a night. So refreshing to hear new tracks, new mixes and a variety in the DJ's styles.

It has been a long time since a DJ has taken me anywhere with a mix. I had forgotten what a real pleasure it is to be suprised on a dance floor. That giddy excitement of hearing a tune for the first time and it tearing your head off! Fcuk Yeah! phones:

I hope your in this for the long haul. I have had too many nights out where you are battered into submission with a none stop onslaught of predictable anthems and mixes. This was the antidote, I just found me a new favourite club :D

Really great stuff guys.

See you all at the next one :D

Your post just made the whole thing worthwhile mate:thumbsup: Thats exactly the reason we wanted to do something like this. I just wish you had a time machine so you could have gone to the first one :cool:

Thanks for your comments on the night too, i would never have recognised ya without ya beard lol

Thank you again mate, really made up you enjoyed it so much:D

looby lou

Aug 27, 2007
bolton
i was a guest at this night and had a fantastic time! So have now joined myself for mure fun tunes and chats! Oh n mega nights like that of course!

When's the next one?:p

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Sorry for the lateness of review. It's taken me this long to get over the shame of wearing flip flops :$ I'd ripped my heels to shreds like a complete tart. And boy did they bust my moves :(

Had a belting time. So good I hardly moved out of bed all Sunday :$ Mind you I had been on the lash all day. And you know what they say wine makes you feel queer. Thats not the reason I attempted to grab your bollox Buzz. I was about to lift you above my head :fekked:

Last IMH me and Sarah had to leave early. And I promised that I wouldn't be leaving early this time. Sarah had twisted her ankle and tried to brave it out, but had to go home and sulk. Leaving me to do the partying for 2 :rotate:

Contrary to the recent discussions about the smoking ban. I actually found it positive for a few minutes as I managed to string more sentences together than my usual nodofthehead"hi"sorrycan'thearletshaveaboogie
So it was good to chat with Legal eyes, dannster, VA and Reminiscing
Great to see everyone else again. Such a great family :love:
Nics I think you forgot a pair of Vs :moonie: ;)

All the DJs excelled and made the evening superb :love:
Cano thanks for the ID. Maybe I should get on discogs more often :$
Woody don't stress mate shit happens :thumbsup:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Your post just made the whole thing worthwhile mate:thumbsup: Thats exactly the reason we wanted to do something like this. I just wish you had a time machine so you could have gone to the first one :cool:

Thanks for your comments on the night too, i would never have recognised ya without ya beard lol

Thank you again mate, really made up you enjoyed it so much:D

Woody Mate, It always impresses me that you take the night to heart and wear said heart on your sleeve. .. . The effort that all put in is appreciated by me and I know by others. . .

You did seem a bit out of sorts and I know why mate.

The numbers were thinner, possibly because of the many other events on, also a few no shows.

The smokers myself included really need to get a bit of gumption and stay downstairs where DJ's are really trying hard for us.

Keep caring mate, it's that kind of commitment that keeps a great night going. The first one was one of the best nights I have been to for ages, both musically and atmospherically. Let's hope that that's the vibe at IMH number 3!

There were a number of distractions. . . let the MUSIC be the main one eh???