In My House - August 25th - Tony Ross 2 hour special

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
Another late review!! Had a top nite, was ace to see such a good turnout & big hello to everyone. Have to say tonksi & michelle turnin made my night, not seen them for so long it was a damn good surprise to see them out!! Hope they play out again soon!!:D :D :D :D

Big up to those that put the night one & hope u'll do another cos I'll be there with bells on :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Joldskool

Registered Member
Nov 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
Outside faggin it for most of the night lol :$ :p

had a black n silver dress type thing on with black leggins and me denim jacket as i was freezing :$

:confused: :roll: ... mmm description does ring a bell, where you \o/\o/ infront of DJ box towards the end?? Me was in yellow top & boots, mainly up near the bar or somewhere along that bk wall \o/\o/ shame!!..missed eachotha' again :ghost:

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Sorry for the late review :$

In all it was a successful night, however i was also slighty disapointed with this one perhaps because the first was so bloody good :D , i did find it a little frustrating at times to see the room filling then emptying over and over again, it does make it very hard to create and maintain the atmosphere as i think was mentioned before, i suppose if everybody had a great night then thats all that matters, :thumbsup: but from a promotor/dj side of things i really believe the smoking ban has hit us where it hurts :(

Anyway ....

Thanks to everyone that showed up, going of the reviews you all enjoyed yourselfs and as menioned before thats what counts :) i hope we see you all down for the next one ;)

Cano - Played some crackin tunes once again and got the night off to a great start, alot of people commenting on how good you were ;) :luv:

Tony - Played some reet thumping beasties, i remember one tune you played had a fantastic paino break, everybodys hands went up, lots of whooping lol, was great....really hope that wasnt the last of Mr Ross ;)

I was up after tony, and the hour before i had started to get nervous, like really nervous :S dont think id been that bad since me debut on radio lol :crazy: but anyway..a quick word with myself in the loos and by half 12 i was chompin at the bit, 1am came and off i went :roll: , looked up and saw a load of people had gathered round to watch me lol , enjoyed meself , once im on i never want to come off, hehe :cool:

Woody - Ended the night with some great tunes, :thumbsup: plenty of people dancing around :king:

My memorys isnt the best but ill try and remember the peeps i hadnt met before ...

Joanie-Mil - Nice one for makin the trip even though you got lost lol , you danced till it ended hehe :thumbsup:

Nick Grayson - Proper top bloke, lovely and polite :D it was nice meeting you too. :D

JackG - Again nice one for coming, hmmm.....thought cano said he'd show his arse if you did, see he chickened out of that one! :p

may have forgotten other people, sorry if i have :$

T.C - My cocktail buddy haha, we went straight for the kill :D was lovely too, tasted like slush puppies :roll:

Lottie - You were missed :( hope you can make the next one :luv:

Nics - Top lassy even if you do love ya sausage rolls (never catch me eatin em :p )

Tonys Mate , cant think of his name, but a lovely guy anyway. :thumbsup:

Damo - What a guy :rofl: Proper buzz of ya matey, your mad as! :king: Good to see you, dannyc and sully there :D

Slaggymong, haha cracked me up when you said cano was like a proud dad watchin me on the decks , haha! :D

Buzz - Complete nutter :king: Our convo on the phone early sunday morning cracked me up, complete randomness :D Nice one for making the looooong journey. :cool:

Vee - Haha ''Your a lovely girl trace, but your music scares me!'' :rofl: Was nice to see you again, we'll deffo have to all meet up more often ;)

Radish - Haha, that 'special' moment me you and cano had :rofl: cracked me up that, top bloke!! :king: And wendy james, aye lol i checked her out on google when i got back, dont think i look owt like her but i can see why you said that with what i was wearing. :D

Stylee - Hehe see you chickened out of the cocktails , boooo!! :p Beano and dib dabs next time eh ;)

LouLou - Didnt expect to see you so was a lovely surprise when you turned up. :D

Debs, Jen, Marcus, Steve, dave and (lol radish saying your mate looked like paul oakenfold...he does come to think of it :D ) Nice one again for all making it over. :)

Dannster - haha never fails to make me laugh!!

Amy_mars , had a quick chat with you in the loos and that was the last time i saw you, lol.

Legal_eyez and katie - Both top people! Hope we see you next time. :king:

Pepelepew and sarah - Aww bless yaz walkin down after a day out!

Adamw - Good to see you again and thanks for makin it over :D

Jigs - Good to hear you alright, added another twist to the end of the night, as the last one a hot water pipe in the lads loos had broke and cano had to stick his finger in it till the staff found the stop cock, lol... :crazy:

Mr Ben - Hope your backs better :thumbsup: thanks for comin over even if you were in pain bless ya lol

There were a few people there i didnt get to meet, next time come say hello :D :wave:

Sorry again if ive forgotten anyone, hell thats one long post :eek:

See you at the next one!!

:wave: :cool:

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
Stylee - Hehe see you chickened out of the cocktails , boooo!! :p Beano and dib dabs next time eh ;)

Bollox to that lol, i got a brain freeze whilst sucking on those straws like a thai whore and all you and tc did was laff at me haha :D

Deffo on the beano and dipdab for locked im all booked off work and ready to roll biatch, looking forward to seein you and meestor neil again ya pair of mad fkers :D

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Bollox to that lol, i got a brain freeze whilst sucking on those straws like a thai whore and all you and tc did was laff at me haha :D

Haha, ya bloody whimp man! Was funny though :p :p

Deffo on the beano and dipdab for locked im all booked off work and ready to roll biatch, looking forward to seein you and meestor neil again ya pair of mad fkers :D

Yeaaaaah, get in....glad you can make it over! :jumpin:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
reet .. again sorry about the late review, but i've got a couple of spare hours so here goes ;)

was really looking foward to this after missing the last one and have to say that even with the well documented problems with the smoking ban i really did have a good night :cool:

for me it wasn't just about the few hours in the club, it was all about what went with it and i have to tell you that the welcomne i get when i wander over to manchester is always first class but this time was a bit special .....

its well documented the apparent dislike between scousers and mancunians so for me to have such a good time and be treated so well is a bit special :thumbsup:

anyway back to the night its self .....

cano .. great tunes as always you reallly are a class act :cool:

saysay .. you know what i feel about your tunage ;)

woody .. finished the night of in stlye mate phones:

but tony ross on cdj's lol ... you want to be ashamed of yourself young man :p .. nah only messing mate, you had it rocking as i expected ( look foward to salford mate :thumbsup: )

so to all the usual suspects who made it out a big hello,

but special mentions have to go out to ........

woody and t.c ... again you made me feel really welcomne nice one it was much appreciated

stylee... great to finally meet you properly, top top bloke and funny as fuck

jack g ... had a top chat with you in the club mate

nics ... wouldn't be the same without you there hun

superdan and veee ... again your welcomne was first class, i had an absolute ball in yours so again thanks a lot , it didn't go unnoticed

slaggymong ... you my freind are a fucking blast and had me pissing my self all night i know a genuine fella when i meet one and you are definetly that

and finally buzz , how the fuck did you do it mate , you are exactly how you are on the board and that isnt always the case .. so hats off to you you mad bastard :cool:

right then, i aint forgot anyone but just needed to mention personally the people above :thumbsup:

until next time .... peace:D

Last edited:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Better late than never hey :$ slack bitch.... :$ ;)

Once again, a sucessful night :thumbsup:

great to see everyone out again :love:
a few of the usuals who couldnt make it ~ you were missed :)

good tuneage from all the DJ's , as always :king: and was a privellege to be witness to Tonys last set :king: Was well made up when you played 'Good friend' mate :cool:

Unfortunately missed most of Woodys set (God , what a shit groupie I am :p) due to being otherwise engaged but the bits I did catch seemed to be going down a storm :thumbsup: Proud of ya baby :love:

Neil and Tracy ~ both bang-on as per :thumbsup: Cano, loved hearing Bill Withers :king: and Tracy, stop getting nervous, you dont need to , you kick ass girl! so if you get nervous again I really will put that bloody goldfish bowl on your head this time, riiiight? :ba: :D :p (lol, check me out getting all authoritarian) :p
(top cocktail slurping partner btw, how nice was that?!)
Was noted that Stylee wimped out though :ba: lol

Shout to SodaJules for set up etc.. :thumbsup:

Slaggymong - thanks again for my present, (& as usual the highly entertaining and strange company at the mashup) I love the pressie to bits, was so chuffed with it, you're a leg-end :king: :D

Vee n Dan , ta for the after sesh :thumbsup:

Stylee, Warren, and Buzz ~ good to have you along for the before-during-and-after duration, was a pleasure , and glad you enjoyed yourselves :thumbsup: funny as fook weekend / company :D :king:
Wozza, didnt I promise i'd sort your dodgy back out :D Trust me, i'm not a doctor :D :p

Nics ~ nice one for the liftage :king: and the lend of the glasses when I was minding the door... had to get into the role of secretary properly and the glasses perched on the end of the nose helped complete the pic :D just a shame my clipboard was invisible and I destroyed the pen as soon as I touched it :S :D

Nice to meet a few new faces : Joanie Mil, Mr Radish's brother, Remniscing, Jack G (Jacqueline...) :p, Knightjonathan, Adam W etc...

Good to see an impromptu visit by Lou Lou :love: nice surprise!

and nice one to Tom / Kate for making it down again, good to see ya :thumbsup:

Shout to Stylee, Radish , Adam etc.. for helping out towards the end :thumbsup:

Apologies if missed anyone, far too many to namecheck everyone but it was mint to see you all :)

Smoking ban has definitely seemed to have an effect, nicotine patches all round next time I think :rofl: :p
That said, the turnout was still fab, and the atmosphere friendly and welcoming as ever :thumbsup:

Went by in a flash again, which is always the sign of a good night ;)

Rarrr!! :D :king: :cool:

Reminiscing

Oct 7, 2005
warrington
Nice swan woody, gutted i couldnt hear it live so i'll abba dabba dis :D :thumbsup:

same ere cheers woody and sorry for dragging tom away(legal eyez) at 2am(shared taxi)just that i had to go early as we were taking the kids to alton towers sunday morning we set off at 8.30 and was knackered but had a great day.:thumbsup:
nice meeting all those that i did in space bar and in scubar.

LEGAL__EYEZ

VIP Silver Member
Jul 12, 2005
Warrington
same ere cheers woody and sorry for dragging tom away(legal eyez) at 2am(shared taxi)just that i had to go early as we were taking the kids to alton towers sunday morning we set off at 8.30 and was knackered but had a great day.:thumbsup:
nice meeting all those that i did in space bar and in scubar.

Alright mate glad you had a good time at alton towers been meaning to go myself for a while now. I was out the next afternoon myself as a mate ive known for years was moving to Dubai so worked out best all round anyways. There's always a next time :p ;)

D

Deleted member 6141

lmao... i know who u r now we spoke outside a few times, u were the guy spoiling all the punch lines when peeps were tryin to tell jokes right? :p atleast could be you, im bad with names but not many ppl runnin about with stamps all over there head :D
that was me wit the punchlines :$ i had fook all to do with the stamp tho:hubba: