Have you ever been on the telly?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

grover

Jun 5, 2003
The only time I've been on the telly was the Everton v Sunderland game (84-85 season) .... The only youtube clip I can find is 6 mins 58 secs into this clip(I was a ballboy sitting by a Mazda advert)
YouTube - Match of the 80s - Season 84-85 (Part 3 of 4)
I would love to be able to buy that game from somewhere as I am on it a bit clearer at the end of the game :D
Has anyone else been on the box?
And is there a youtube clip of it? :D

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
A few times from what I can remember

At a Darlington game where me n me mate were behind the goal in bright yellow away kits and seen us jump about when Gabbiadini scored

At a WWF event they were interviewing some fan and I was stood right next to him in a Stone Cold Steve Austin t shirt and that was probably broadcast all over the world

Our village has a shrove tuesday mad ball game thats been goin for hundreds of years and managed to get on TV in February

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Jim'll Fix It 10th Anniversary show. (that is going to take some beating as it is a top trump)

Attachments

• Jim 1.JPG
    Jim 1.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 206
  • me and dolphins.JPG
    me and dolphins.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Cheggars.JPG
    Cheggars.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Badge.JPG
    Badge.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 207
  • Jim'll Fix It Badge.jpg
    Jim'll Fix It Badge.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 214

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
i was on Look-northwest our regional news programme at 6pm,was about 1983 (i was 9yrs old)and we was travelling to Cyprus from Manchester Airport,the holiday company went bust and we got interviewed about it,im gegging in, in the background like,i dont reckon its on youtube tho

tag:)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Only briefly. Once when I was at primary school and Granada Reports (or the other side) filmed us in the playground.

The other time was on The Hitman Not Her, at the Pleasurdrome, NYE 1991. I spotted myself about 3 times, again only briefly:thumbsup:

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
Was on the Pleasuredrome Hitman & Her vid, you can just see us walking past at bottom of the screen or something in my blue NafNaf fleece top. :thumbsup:

Was also on Midlands News years ago, was running across Stoke City's Victoria Ground at the end of a match with a load of others when they won the last game of the season to stay up (in first Division i think). :D

woody

when I was a wee nipper, 1984 i think... we were interviewed for granada tonight when a lorry had crashed into next door and smashed through our gable end wall. The only other times have been 1) as a steward at united and have been on a few times in the 99 season and 2) when we watched Jerry Springer at granada studios a few years back (obviously in crowd shots not on the programme):p

Brock Landers

Staff member
Twice, strangely enough whilst out of my head.

The first time on The hitman and her at Park Hall whilst still at school. I was dancing on the stage next to the freaky guy with the white wig with two cans of red stripe with my shirt open to the waist showing off my new K Klass T-shirt. I shit you not.:confused: Michaela Strachan was well ropey close up too. And I shook Pete Watermans hand. Went a few times too, if only for Pig C ripping the tunes out after the twats from THMAH left.

The second time was on the hitman and her at the pleasuredrome. I looked even more worse for wear strangely enough and it was a fleeting glimpse of me throwing some decidedly dodgy shapes.

Top times.

Oh and me and my mates were on the 808 state show a few times spouting shite about "the orrell posse in the house".......

Grow bags 99p

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
Not sure if it was ever on TV but when I was about 10 I helped Sarah Green down the stairs at Donnington Park when she had a broken leg and she gave me a kiss on the cheek (I should have boned her and claimed she hit on me) :p

I remember throwing apples at John Majors bus when he passed by our school on the way to Teesside airport, maybe it was on CCTV from the Texaco garage?????