Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Status
Not open for further replies.

MC MADDOX

Nov 10, 2002
goodtimes 5th april

well another amazin night even thogh not that busy it was still a feckin cracker, big shout to pianoman ,swish,an i feel a tw*t cos i forgot the name ov james`s lady, anyway well done to the PA lot a job well done, Big shout to the usual GT crew, U know who u r(2 many 2 name) big respect 2 ,Eddy osbourne, Ben Fisher, Andy Pendle ,Daz Willot, and all the other DJ`s for wicked sets once again. The sound system was back to ear piercing volume and things all went to plan(well nearly)

maximum respect 2 Ben an Mik GT promotions

Zaccsta

Nov 24, 2002
Bradford
Yeah fekkin blinder of a night as always. Not that busy like Maddox said but still still top to meet ya all again.

Bestset of night had to go to Daz, wicked m8.

Big shout to Ben, Maddox, Minxy, Shabba and not forgettin Ed (diamond bloke), thx for puttin up with me. Cant wait for the next one.

Also Pianoman, keep em comin bud. Thx for the PA.

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
Aye! top night! proper enjoyed myself,

maximum respect 2 Ben an Mik GT promotions

well said maddox!

soz i couldnt play that half hour at 12 mik when u asked me cos had a fair few vodkas by then lolaxe:

big shout out to the osa crew!especially maddox for some top top mc'in and a pleasure to work with.

see ya next time!

Eddy

bunny girl

Feb 17, 2003
york-sunderland-leeds-york
Saturday night.

Had a brill night saturday,Northern Minx you are totally mad in the heeeeed! nice to finally meet you,and Jonno and shabba,joker and anyone else I might have forgotton!

Retroandy,butty,skipton bob,bizkit-Your absence was noted boys!!!

bunny girl

Feb 17, 2003
york-sunderland-leeds-york
Dj M Jaxx said:
Thankyou Pauly.....nice to see somone cares lol :)

Sorry babes I feel really bad now ,and the annoying thing was I kept asking paul if you and yours were going!!! of course you were missed the dancefloor was just not the same.

Paul don't make me feel worse than I do already!! you big poo pants.

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Paulyp's missus said:
Sorry babes I feel really bad now ,and the annoying thing was I kept asking paul if you and yours were going!!! of course you were missed the dancefloor was just not the same.

Paul don't make me feel worse than I do already!! you big poo pants.

Forgiven pet :) ;) lol

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
claire wot a top top chic u is!!!!!!!!!!!:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
and yr paul... lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrvely!...
thanks for a great time! :) :) :) :love:

also massive thanks to everyone else who made it spesh!! :luv:
me larl pal shabba :luv: , ang u were great! and flange, ben and maddox - beautiful both of ya!, hope ya feeling better ben? james - ya a gud an! also great to see ed ya in my car not japan!, tall paul, big t, dannster, joker jen (top chic!), paccers, zaccster or is it zaccaster!!! lol, danny r, sarah (maddox's sis) and helen, good hotel waffle!, vinyl animal, tonksi and mrs!, italin style - get stomping!, liquid e, triplex and anyelse who ive forgoten!... u were all spot on and thanks for a real good one! :) ;) :luv: :love:

P

pianoman

The only person WHOM I NOTED wasnt there was Butty, Shame that I know I was looking forward to meeting up, as was swish!! Never mind! tho I guess he was busy.....................................?

Another time

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Absolutely great to meet a load of people I've not met before (at last) - namely PaulyP and Clair, Alex (Armando) and Dee Dee. Also great to see the usual suspects again Danny, Italian Style, Joker, Pacman, Mike et al.

Music wasn't really as good as I feel it could have been. I only arrived lateish at about 11 and the music then was spot on (Dreams of Santa Anna etc) but then it seemed to go a little bit downhill after that. My own opinion of course - although I think that was reflected by how many people were dancing - at the peak of the night there should be more than 2 people on the dancefloor (namely Tall Paul & Danster).

Although the same couldn't be said for your pa Pianoman - the dancefloor had a few more peeps on then - although this did include Ben and the GT crew and also, correct me if I'm wrong here, but weren't you also on the dancefloor during your own pa there Pianoman :confused: Was that just to make up the numbers;) How does that work exactly in pa terms - did you have some sort of remote device in your pocket (or were you just pleased to see that chick who was "playing" the keyboards :eyebrow:)

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Well i though pianoman pa was absoloutly fantastic and the best place to experience that from was most definately the dance floor.
Good on ya pianoman for yer exellent work, hope to catch it again some time.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
'Shabba' said:
the best place to experience that from was most definately the dance floor.
That's true - but does that count even during your own pa :confused:

P

pianoman

LOL!!

LOL!!! LOL!!!

So I take the "big" intro wasnt yr bag then Jonno!!!

Yep I was on the dancefloor watching, had great fun too, thars the best thing about being retired, u watch others do the work!.

the p.a. was ok i thought for the people that were there, i would have like to have done newer stuff, but the older stuff was wanted ther and ben gt was paying the bill.

you should have told me of your dislike there jonno mate, i would have told em all there and then they were shit and give them all a team lecture!!!.

i guess its worth it if at least one person liked it tho eh?

take care

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Re: LOL!!

pianoman said:
you should have told me of your dislike there jonno mate, i would have told em all there and then they were shit and give them all a team lecture!!!.
I didn't say it was shit - In fact I never commented on the pa except to say that I was suprised that the artist himself was on the dancefloor. Of course that does beg the question as to the point of having the pa in the first place, mind.

For what it's worth, it isn't really my cup of tea but it's horses for courses innit.

P

pianoman

ahhhhh!!!

I get ya! thats easily answered mate.

I have an "Act" that go and do the PA's ect, becoz me on my own with synth would be shite.

For example.....................

The vengaboys are two middle aged chineese guys, now they wouldnt sell records would they if they fronted thier act or look a good PA so they have the "ACT" u see on TV on totps ect ect.

I have experimented with diffo formats too, I had at one time pro dancers ect, but they were only popular with the men women got there back up, and to be honest i saw better girls dancing wise ect on the gigs we were going and doing. EVEN when I changed the dancers to all men, that didnt help as guys would call out queers! wankers Fags ect between tracks LOL!!!!

Doing a P.A. is funny coz dirrent people have different idea's of what a PA should be like ect ect. some will like some wont .

So I just say well the guy who wrote em was there, maybe not playing as he feels too old at 32, but I was there.

Then I run Off and count me money!!!

We will see you in Blackpool jonno mate!! I'll have lectured en by then

Take Care

Status
Not open for further replies.