Go Karting

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
I like it, its good fun, but I am pretty terrible at it tbh :$ y'know... always crashing into the barriers, getting lapped several zillion times...by everyone :$ etc.. etc...

but I still like :D not been for ages though

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Well I went karting yesterday and OMG how hard is it!!! :|

I was the only girl in the office that actually went to it and all the guys were very competitive! We had to go into teams of 2 and do an endurance race for an hour, swapping drivers every 15mins. Well the karts were really fast and I kept hitting the sides when I was going round the corners! :$ I got lapped loads and bumped into a lot lol and then started having shooting pains up my arm cos I was gripping the steering wheel so tightly!! :crazy: I had to come off after 15mins cos I was in such bad pain and I got really bored :S

The guys showed no mercy with me and they were really agressive :| I didnt go back on again :rolleyes: :$ I kinda wish I did tho. I thought Id be really good at it cos Im such an ace driver lol :p ;) but its a lot harder than it looks!

Id do it again, but Id be more inclined to do it with people who hadnt done it before and not do the endurance thing cos that was boring!

My best lap time was 33 seconds tho, which I was quite proud of as the best blokes ones were 27 seconds and they were pros lol! :D

It is hard work on the arms mate.. . . but well done for going along and not wimping out. And no to drive fast lap times is not as easy as it looks.

When you next see Formula one on the TV, imagine 1.45 hours of that at 160MPH!

Those guys are super human!