Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Has anyone ever been?

We have got a 'team building' (yawn) trip today to Daytona go karts :| Im only going cos I get out of the office for the afternoon and Im going shopping to the trafford centre after and its right next to it! :rolleyes: :D

But is it enjoyable or is it a nightmare? :S

Great fun, used to race a lot in my younger days!

You will probably feel a bit bruised and stiff the next day as there is no suspension.

However, it's very safe if you follow the rules, it's not a contact sport so the idea is not to hit anyone!

Just feel your way in and then let yourself go!

Have a great time!

Great fun, used to race a lot in my younger days!

You will probably feel a bit bruised and stiff the next day as there is no suspension.

However, it's very safe if you follow the rules, it's not a contact sport so the idea is not to hit anyone!

Just feel your way in and then let yourself go!

Have a great time!

god, I already feel a bit delicate from all my pilates! :| anyone who says pilates is easy is obviously doing it wrong! :naughty: :crazy:

oh bollox, I thought it was going to be a grown ups version of bumper cars! :( im quite competitive so will probably do myself some damage, especially as theres prizes at the end!! :rofl: :D

Tony Ross

Jan 9, 2007
go karting

Has anyone ever been?

We have got a 'team building' (yawn) trip today to Daytona go karts :| Im only going cos I get out of the office for the afternoon and Im going shopping to the trafford centre after and its right next to it! :rolleyes: :D

But is it enjoyable or is it a nightmare? :S

ive been to that very 1 and its wicked
enjoy

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
my uncle got killed at Brans Hatch bout 18 years ago or so doing that.:|

erm, don't let put you off tho lol

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
my uncle got killed at Brans Hatch bout 18 years ago or so doing that.:|

erm, don't let put you off tho lol

Was that a formula E cart accident. If so I may recall reading about that in Motoring News. Did he race competatively?

Sorry to hear about that.

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
aye mate he was at pro level, will have to ask about it tho mate cant really remember at what type he was racing (can u tell i aint got a clue about motor sports lol)

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
Ive been a few times and i also get really competitive (never been beat though!) ok ok i know you cant really compare three races to being the next lewis hamilton but im proud of it!! one thing though watch out for sweaty smelly helmets, its kind of off putting!!:S

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
aye mate he was at pro level, will have to ask about it tho mate cant really remember at what type he was racing (can u tell i aint got a clue about motor sports lol)

Gordon Ellinor or Kenton Owen? There were two separate fatalities on the 01st Aug 1993 sadly.

It was a superkart race.

RIP.

Sweet . . . these were doing 140 MPH. . . .you will be lucky to top 40 mate so don't worry!

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
It was Kenton Owen mate, never watched him race but remember him showing us his Karts in his shed, proper nice bloke too:cool:

Well I went karting yesterday and OMG how hard is it!!! :|

I was the only girl in the office that actually went to it and all the guys were very competitive! We had to go into teams of 2 and do an endurance race for an hour, swapping drivers every 15mins. Well the karts were really fast and I kept hitting the sides when I was going round the corners! :$ I got lapped loads and bumped into a lot lol and then started having shooting pains up my arm cos I was gripping the steering wheel so tightly!! :crazy: I had to come off after 15mins cos I was in such bad pain and I got really bored :S

The guys showed no mercy with me and they were really agressive :| I didnt go back on again :rolleyes: :$ I kinda wish I did tho. I thought Id be really good at it cos Im such an ace driver lol :p ;) but its a lot harder than it looks!

Id do it again, but Id be more inclined to do it with people who hadnt done it before and not do the endurance thing cos that was boring!

My best lap time was 33 seconds tho, which I was quite proud of as the best blokes ones were 27 seconds and they were pros lol! :D