Girlie One...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
vik you have opened a right can o worms there.......prepare for some smutty remarks from the male's on the board!!!!!

i dont use that much on my face with having quite sensitive skin so gotta be careful what lotions and potions i use!

good old soap and water and a L'Oreal moisturiser.......i dont wear makeup that much but when i do i use as little as possible and make sure i take it off proper.

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Mine is bad at the moment, stress and the time of year I think. Clinique products are really good for my skin but its far too expensive to use every day. Try that Biore range. I get bad spots and dry patches and it really evens them out, the moisturiser doesn't make you break out.

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Try drinking 5 pints of water everyday for a yr and watch the transformation in your skin,my sister had bad skin and was told to do this,now she is spot free and eyeballs clear as hell,beats n e cream out there and is free.:)

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Try drinking 5 pints of water everyday for a yr and watch the transformation in your skin,my sister had bad skin and was told to do this,now she is spot free and eyeballs clear as hell,beats n e cream out there and is free.:)

Christ, the toilet trips !!!

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D

I've done that for the past 10 years, seriously. We've got one of those water machine at work and apart from 1 cup of tea in the morning, that's all I drink all day long. I get 2 cups each time I get a drink too!!:|

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
I've done that for the past 10 years, seriously. We've got one of those water machine at work and apart from 1 cup of tea in the morning, that's all I drink all day long. I get 2 cups each time I get a drink too!!:|

same here, i sup loads of water too....dont get enough time to make brews so just settle for a bottle pf water each time.......plus it beats getting caught up in idle gossip from the petticote mafia!!

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
My mrs is a beauty therapist, she's trained in Decleor, Elemis etc etc and she can't recommend Weleda enough, especially the wild rose products... She says its cheap and all natural, and if I say so myself they do smell nice :thumbsup:

Home at Weleda

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Many great recommendations :D :D :D

I think I can speak from a sound level of experience in skin products.. i've been looking for the best for years and have tested a huge amount.

Basically if you really want results, you're not going to get them over the counter in a department store, you need medical grade stuff.

Dermaquest and neostrata are the best medical grade brands I have come across. They have a full range of products which can be prescribed for your skins exact needs. Using the glycolic face wash is like having a skin peel. Dermaquest B5 moisturiser holds 1000 times its molecular weight in water and penetrates better than any other moisturiser I have ever known, so much that it plumps the skin up immediately.

Now these products come at a cost - between like $30 and $100 (i don;t have a pound sign) each, but theyre SO worth it.

On a smaller budget and products that you can get in a department store, the absolute greatest over-the-counter products I have ever come across is the Prescriptives range. The fine line reducer and the moisturiser that compliments it ($45 each I think) are INCREDIBLE. They were the first products I ever used that actually made a huge visible difference to the health of my skin.

I'd start off with a dermaquest gylycolic face wash of like 15% or stronger and those two products maybe.

Hope some of that gives you some ideas.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
My Mum and her mum just swore by hot water and a flannel.

They both avoided using soap to wash their faces.

A St Ives facial scrub once in a while is good and so much better than wasting ££££'s on really expensive ones.

The other tip is let your skin breath by not putting too many products or too much make up on.

Too much make up can look terrible (yet the people wearing it never seem to pick this fact out), blocks the skin increasing the chance of spots. .. that girls then try and hide with even more make up.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
The other tip is let your skin breath by not putting too many products or too much make up on.

Too much make up can look terrible (yet the people wearing it never seem to pick this fact out), blocks the skin increasing the chance of spots. .. that girls then try and hide with even more make up.

Hope that helps.

^^^ less is more imo... I love the natural look on a woman...

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
^^^ less is more imo... I love the natural look on a woman...

Trust me when I say 'the natural look' takes more work than the heaviest drag queen make up ever LOL!!!!

Not all of us are natural beauties, and often I find what men think is natural actually isn't :cops:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Trust me when I say 'the natural look' takes more work than the heaviest drag queen make up ever LOL!!!!

Not all of us are natural beauties, and often I find what men think is natural actually isn't :cops:

I think men who pay attention know the difference.

True not all women are natural beauties and the careful use of make up can create fantastic results. Good make up can be difficult to perfect, but got to be worth it to avoid that 1 inch layer of foundation, extreme blusher, eyelined to the hell, tango look.

That said some girls must think the cheap wag / Madame Tussauds look is easy on the eye and some men either like it or don't know their eggs from apples.;)

Last edited:
Good 'ol soap and water! :D I use the Himalaya face scrub every so often and get a face pack on too. I have my days where my skins oily or dry so I just put Vaseline cocoa butter on my face when I get out the bath. I use face bronzing pearls on my face most of the time but only tend to get spots when im stressed out, usually around deadline day at uni! :p