Eating Meat...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

which would you choose if you HAD to pick...

• Total voters

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
The rabbit thread had me thinking...

Question:

If you could choose to have either meat and NO veg or veg and NO meat for the rest of your life, which would you pick??

I think Cheryl was suprised at how into veg I am when I went over to New York, I'm pretty obsessed. I feel strange having a meal and not having veg in it. Even if I eat shitty food, I tend to go with ones that have veg in. Lol. Quite often I'll pick the vegetarian option when eating out.:)

If I had to do without then I'd have to never eat meat again... :eek: (Before you make some smutty remark Shooms, don't lol). I would rather not have to sacrifice it because I love meat as much as the next person, I just love veg more! There's no way my kids will get away with trying to not eat their veg, lol. :naughty:

What would you pi ck, if you had to pick one or the other???:confused: :confused:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Is this like you can ONLY eat one or the other and nothing else?

If so I'd go with veg, since a diet of pure meat is bad news

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding!
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
YOU!
Yes, you behind the bike shed.
STAND STILL LADDIE!

:cool:

As said already, if it's a choice between all meat or all veggie then I'd be choosing all veggie too.

Hopefully there's a concession for dairy cos I couldn't live without milky coffee & cheese :D

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Haha yeh I was shocked! "Brocolli on pizza?!!" haha!! But you got me back into it again a bit more you know :D which was great actually.

I'd take veg over meat. But generally I like a bit of meat lol.

So weird, I was about to post a thread about vegetaranism/meat eating then I saw this!

I was going to say that if I had to kill my own meat, I couldn't eat it...complete detachment from where it comes from.:rolleyes:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
I love eating many meats, but meat only. . . .That would leave you feeling pretty bad after a while.

There is so much variety in veg and so many ways to cook it. Take the potato for example. . .very tasty and versatile.

Well what did you expect from a Radish?;)

woody

There is so much variety in veg and so many ways to cook it. Take the potato for example. . .very tasty and versatile.

that's birdseye potato waffles. They're waffly versatile ;)

edit:forgot my answer. Since the only veg i eat i can count on one hand.. leaves me no doubt that i would have to choose meat! I couldnt live without chicken and beef. Literally too as i'd starve to death lol :D

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
love me vegetables........love meat too but im like sonz and will often order the veggie option while eating out

plus eating in foreign countries id more often than not choose the veg as sometimes the meat looks well dodgy.......spesh chickens claws from a rough as fuck hawker stall in malaysia:naughty:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Is this like you can ONLY eat one or the other and nothing else?

If so I'd go with veg, since a diet of pure meat is bad news
no, I mean you've got to sacrifice one or the other out of a normal diet...

Haha yeh I was shocked! "Brocolli on pizza?!!" haha!! But you got me back into it again a bit more you know :D which was great actually.

I'd take veg over meat. But generally I like a bit of meat lol.

So weird, I was about to post a thread about vegetaranism/meat eating then I saw this!

I was going to say that if I had to kill my own meat, I couldn't eat it...complete detachment from where it comes from.:rolleyes:
Brocolli on pizza is THE BEST! :love:

Hmmmm, the killing meat option. I reck I could kill a chicken but anything big might be a bit too much. I gutted and BBQ'd a few fish we'd caught that day in Marbella (pictures of me and Lora doing it in bikini's with THE most blunt knife ever, pretty funny)so I know I'd be able to eat fish...

Glad I could be of assistance dear with the veg! :) I pride myself on getting Butty to eat veg he "doesn't like." :rolleyes: Lol. I swear the boy would never eat veg if it wasn't for me! :)

x

If we ignore nutritional value for a mo...out of pure preference...I'd pick meat meat meat every time!!!!

I love veg, but I LOVE MEAT!!!!!!!

obviously if it's a case of surviving, and getting ur vitamins, veg wins every time - but it's the same as the fact that I'm never going to have to decide between the two (its all hypothetical baby!) thank the lawd!!!!!

i.like.meat.com

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
no, I mean you've got to sacrifice one or the other out of a normal diet...

Brocolli on pizza is THE BEST! :love:

Hmmmm, the killing meat option. I reck I could kill a chicken but anything big might be a bit too much. I gutted and BBQ'd a few fish we'd caught that day in Marbella (pictures of me and Lora doing it in bikini's with THE most blunt knife ever, pretty funny)so I know I'd be able to eat fish...

Glad I could be of assistance dear with the veg! :) I pride myself on getting Butty to eat veg he "doesn't like." :rolleyes: Lol. I swear the boy would never eat veg if it wasn't for me! :)

x

ahhh you know i'm not sure I could even kill a fish :dummy:

I really think that people should experience killing their meat...& I totally dig the "Kill It, Cook It, Eat It" prog...

Animals used to have total respect... originally by hunters & later as domesticated / farmed animals... there was a connection & respect... even when farmed... you relied on your chickens to lay so you looked after them.... you wanted good meat / top dollar at market so again there was a mark of respect.

Nowadays we see meat as a pre-packed 'product' with no sense of connection of the animal it originally came from.

Intense farming has divested us of a concious & delivers guilt-free cellophane wrapped packages... at rock bottom prices. You should question WHY you get can a 99p chicken.

Even a few generations ago a chicken on Sunday was a major thing. Yet our "want it NOW" society demands meat on the table 7 days a week... same applies to sweets, chocolate etc.

As ever it's the livestock that suffers to deliver this low cost... same applies for choc & the 3rd world child labour that supplies the raw beans.

I have more respect for meat-eaters who choose to buy locally killed meat that has had a good & ethical rearing than veggies who buy intensely farmed eggs.

It's all about the standard of life prior to being killed... plus it tastes better ;)

Anyway... I'm off for some Bernard Matthews turkey twizzlers... bootiful.. :hurl: