Eating Meat...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

which would you choose if you HAD to pick...

• Total voters

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
I really think that people should experience killing their meat...& I totally dig the "Kill It, Cook It, Eat It" prog...

Animals used to have total respect... originally by hunters & later as domesticated / farmed animals... there was a connection & respect... even when farmed... you relied on your chickens to lay so you looked after them.... you wanted good meat / top dollar at market so again there was a mark of respect.

Nowadays we see meat as a pre-packed 'product' with no sense of connection of the animal it originally came from.

Intense farming has divested us of a concious & delivers guilt-free cellophane wrapped packages... at rock bottom prices. You should question WHY you get can a 99p chicken.

Even a few generations ago a chicken on Sunday was a major thing. Yet our "want it NOW" society demands meat on the table 7 days a week... same applies to sweets, chocolate etc.

As ever it's the livestock that suffers to deliver this low cost... same applies for choc & the 3rd world child labour that supplies the raw beans.

I have more respect for meat-eaters who choose to buy locally killed meat that has had a good & ethical rearing than veggies who buy intensely farmed eggs.

It's all about the standard of life prior to being killed... plus it tastes better ;)

Anyway... I'm off for some Bernard Matthews turkey twizzlers... bootiful.. :hurl:

So true, i'm completely in the detached category when it comes to meat, although I'd feel guilty not buying free range eggs lol (makes no sense i know).

Had I have made the real raw connection with where meat comes from at a younger age, i'd likely be a veggie. I needed that plug-pulling moment, like one of my veggie friends had when seeing hundreds of chickens in tiny weeny cages covered in ther own shit on the back of a lorry. Obviously i've always known i'm eating a dead animal, but like you say, meat comes so far removed from where it started now, the real subconscious comprehension just isn't there - and so I somehow just ignore the facts. Turn a big blind eye :$ .

So true, i'm completely in the detached category when it comes to meat, although I'd feel guilty not buying free range eggs lol (makes no sense i know).

Had I have made the real raw connection with where meat comes from at a younger age, i'd likely be a veggie. I needed that plug-pulling moment, like one of my veggie friends had when seeing hundreds of chickens in tiny weeny cages covered in ther own shit on the back of a lorry. Obviously i've always known i'm eating a dead animal, but like you say, meat comes so far removed from where it started now, the real subconscious comprehension just isn't there - and so I somehow just ignore the facts. Turn a big blind eye :$ .

My apols to you too gorgeous Miss C... :D I used a 'you' when I should've really used a 'we'... I wasn't replying directly to you btw...but when I read it back it sounded dead accusatory :$

Re the plug-pulling moment - deffo agree - & as much as the liver lipped Mockney makes my knuckles whiten Jamie Oliver has done a lot for raising awareness so far fucks to him :)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
My apols to you too gorgeous Miss C... :D I used a 'you' when I should've really used a 'we'... I wasn't replying directly to you btw...but when I read it back it sounded dead accusatory :$

Re the plug-pulling moment - deffo agree - & as much as the liver lipped Mockney makes my knuckles whiten Jamie Oliver has done a lot for raising awareness so far fucks to him :)

Oh don't worry lover I know you weren't!!

And even if you had have been, I wouldn't mind :luv:

Yeah it might be worth showing kids the raw truth lol...my dad used to be a butcher and I used to cry about it bahahaha :dummy:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Yeah it might be worth showing kids the raw truth lol...my dad used to be a butcher and I used to cry about it bahahaha :dummy:
Really? My mate from school, her Dad was a butcher so they always had amazing meat and ALWAYS had a Sunday roast with beef. I used to proper dig the fact he was a butcher. Kinda gota be a bit brave for that job tho. I'm scared of knives! :rofl: :dummy:

x

MUSHROOMS ARE THE SHIZ!!!!!!! :love: I put them in everything, even if you shouldn't! Love them...

x

I'm there with you, mushrooms are the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world. However without a little bit of garlic and some nice English ham, they might be a bit dull after a few years by themselves......but it would take a few years :p

Meat pies on the other hand........yum....meat all the way there ;) :p

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Shoomington, Remind me to tell you about my mate Stupot twatting a vietnamese pot bellied pig to death with a 5lbs sledgehammer then eating it...
I remember one lad ringing to proudly proclaim... " just ate the snout!!!!" Fpmsl!!!!

Same guy, on a country lane, Young posh totty in front hits bambi in her car, the fucking thing is plainly stone dead, and shes crying her eyes out, when stewie rocks up and in a gentlemanly fashion offers to take it to the vet....

Well, anyone who knows tonge moor road will know that the vet is only 50 yards from Micks butchers, so an easy mistake to make i suppose.

A couple of days later ... Stewie " I just had some of that Venison.... with HP sauce...."
Heathen.

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Really? My mate from school, her Dad was a butcher so they always had amazing meat and ALWAYS had a Sunday roast with beef. I used to proper dig the fact he was a butcher. Kinda gota be a bit brave for that job tho. I'm scared of knives! :rofl: :dummy:

x

Lol he used to bash cows over the head with big spiky ball-on-chain things to kill them! before the days of stunners.

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Meat being a protein monster, chicken and Steak :p

Can get all the vitamins etc I need from suppliments, oh and would this choice still enable me to eat fruit hehe? :D
nah, i reck fruit and veg would come under the same umbrella! Soz.

Even if we weren't talking about nutritional value with vitamins and shiz, I reck I'd still go for veg, just coz I love it soooo much! :love:

x

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
nah, i reck fruit and veg would come under the same umbrella! Soz.

Even if we weren't talking about nutritional value with vitamins and shiz, I reck I'd still go for veg, just coz I love it soooo much! :love:

x

Damn it hehe, I loves me fruit :/

In saying this today I have a really Nice pasta / salad dish for my din dins which I'm looking forward too :p