Downerrrrr

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Sorry in advance, but I need to have a moan and get rid of some stress.

I am on a right downer at the moment.

I have had 10 exams in the space of two weeks, and am completely shattered. I have massive eye bags and horrible skin and I just constantly feel tired and ill. I think I have definately failed two exams and will have to resit. Making it worse, I still have to work on the weekends!

Alongside this stress, the ins and outs of my Ibiza holiday are all having to be dealt with by myself. I am the one who has had to find time to go and get T Shirts printed, stand the money for stupid things like that, people have used my staff discount from work to buy stuff for the hol and they owe me cash, I have had to organise parking and everything for the holiday. I just feel its majorly unfair, all my friends are finished now, and have been for weeks, and none of them have lifted a finger. It was bad enough that I booked the bloody thing, that was stressful! I am constantly running people about, picking things up, going out of my way and it just feels like nobody else does the same, they all rely on me.

Now I'm getting phone calls off my mates, 'Ermmmm we've not much money, probably will only be able to afford to go to one or two clubs'. This holiday has been booked for a year. No excuse for not saving up. We have gone all inclusive so we didn't have to worry about food etc. and my mates are basically saying they've got about 150 Euros for 10 days in Ibiza. It's just not going to happen. As a result, I will probably end up either missing out on going to clubs (because I can't go alone), or I will end up paying for all of us, (which is just shit and I refuse to do it out of principle). Certain members of the party are saying, 'ooo well I can only afford one night so I want to go to such a thing', and everyone is clashing already about what they want to do. It's such a horrible letdown that I have saved £1000, thought my friends had too, only for it to be revealled at the 11th hour that in fact, nobody has saved a penny. My dream holiday is probably going to be s**t. I go on Wednesday next week, and at this point, I really can't be f**ked.

Plus I've heard its raining in Ibiza.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

*sigh*

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
and the moral to the story is ya cant rely on n e 1 but ya self:)

I know what you're saying, but I can't very well go on a clubbing holiday alone.....

and yeah Lozzie, I thought exactly the same about 150 euros and I have never ever been to Ibiza.....it will last 2 days max and that is if we are stingy. It looks like I might have to befriend other people at the hotel!!!! :|

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Amy,

I can't believe what I've just read there.
You know what???? Balls to the lot of 'em!!!!!!

Sounds like you've been working mighty hard and deserve that holiday so stop feeling miserable make it the holiday you dreamt it would be. Get talking to some folk in the day and see if you can go along to the clubs with them at night and make the most of it!!!! :D

If your mates can only scrape 150 euros in year then they don't deserve be going never mind even considering being bailed out for cash before you've even got there!!!!!

Go and have the time of your life girl, you sound like you've earned it and if I was was you I'd be sticking two fingers up to them at the airport and saying "See you back in Blighty you suckers."

Sound harsh? It should do. Don't let a bunch of wasters spoil it for you. I'm sure you'll meet loads of people over there who will show you a great time.

As Postie says "you can't rely on anyone but yourself."

I hope you have a great time whatever happens.... :D :D

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Nuthin stoppin you clubbing alone, chick....
Hell before i knew anyone on here i did imh, bttop and chrimbo cracker on me jack jones cuz no one in this town has managed to work out after at least 20 odd years that i'm a junkie scumbag!

You'll soon meet like minded individuals in the clubs! :thumbsup:

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
You've worked hard for the holiday and its time for you to celebrate.
Tell your "mates" to buck up or **** off. IE get a loan or stay at home, because you have done more than enough for them. I know that might not seem like a tactful girly thing to say, but it is the right thing :thumbsup:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Yeah, forget about your so- called mates Amy, you'll find a way to have a good time without them. Don't let anyone spoil it for you.

*sam*

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2006
Aww what horrid peeps makin u run around all the place for THEIR holiday!! Grr stuff like thats annoy's me too!!
Just leave em to it, when u get there- they'll hav 2sit on the beach for 10days straight while ur livin it up!!
And u can go on ur own!! I did i met sum lads the 1st nite& ended up clubbin with those guys then (cos my mates was bliding drunk! ha ha ) ul hav a right laugh with everyone- cos everyone is in such a good mood!!
Plus £150 might get u in2 2clubs, cos there's a lil record shop down one of the streets in san an& its sells tickets for 25euros for admission for 2!! thts standards for every club;)

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
fook getting stressed over it, its going to be your holiday too, if youve had it planned all year, make sure you enjoy it, am sure when you get there you will find fellow clubbers who you can enjoy your nights out with, dont stress its a holiday its not meant to mean stress, the opposite in fact.

Get ya self sorted and if youve tried to help the others thats the best you can do, at least you have tried to help, but its your holiday as well as theirs if they cant sort themselves out, leave em to it. You will be the one having a decent holiday. Hope you have a good un :fekked:

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
If i were you I would talk to all the other people stayin at the hotel, it's piss easy to make friends when your on holiday cos everyones just up for a laugh and then go to the clubs with them. Then you can go back to the hotel and tell ya mates how good a night yav had:thumbsup:

tricky nicky

Sep 18, 2006
in heaven of course!!
im on a large downer at the mo as my sister is in hospital with a bleed on her brain. she is in tremendous pain at the mo.
on top of this she only gave birth 2 weeks ago and is missing the bonding time with her daughter!!!!
im off work looking after the ickle one and her 9 year old brother:(

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Shit, i feel for her, matey, for sure..
I had a suspected sub arachnoid last January and the pain was fooooookin unbearable no amount of pain killers could mask it The family thought i was takin the piss when they rang to find out where i was - Intensive care unit havin' a brain scan! no they couldnt find a brain! ... luckily for me (or maybe not as the case may be) the MRI couldn't find a bleed...

Wish her luck! And for gods sake tell her to keep up with the meds shes prescribed when she comes home, a few folk i have heard of who didn't went on to have a succession of mini strokes

Chin up! :thumbsup:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
im on a large downer at the mo as my sister is in hospital with a bleed on her brain. she is in tremendous pain at the mo.
on top of this she only gave birth 2 weeks ago and is missing the bonding time with her daughter!!!!

Oh no Nicky, that's awful news! Well I'll be thinking of her and lets hope that she's on the mend soon. Hope you're coping alright with the littluns

Keep smiling mate

*sam*

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2006

Aww no! Hope u& your family are going to be ok!! Will be thinking of you!

maff f

Jan 20, 2007
Sorry in advance, but I need to have a moan and get rid of some stress.

I am on a right downer at the moment.

I have had 10 exams in the space of two weeks, and am completely shattered. I have massive eye bags and horrible skin and I just constantly feel tired and ill. I think I have definately failed two exams and will have to resit. Making it worse, I still have to work on the weekends!

Alongside this stress, the ins and outs of my Ibiza holiday are all having to be dealt with by myself. I am the one who has had to find time to go and get T Shirts printed, stand the money for stupid things like that, people have used my staff discount from work to buy stuff for the hol and they owe me cash, I have had to organise parking and everything for the holiday. I just feel its majorly unfair, all my friends are finished now, and have been for weeks, and none of them have lifted a finger. It was bad enough that I booked the bloody thing, that was stressful! I am constantly running people about, picking things up, going out of my way and it just feels like nobody else does the same, they all rely on me.

Now I'm getting phone calls off my mates, 'Ermmmm we've not much money, probably will only be able to afford to go to one or two clubs'. This holiday has been booked for a year. No excuse for not saving up. We have gone all inclusive so we didn't have to worry about food etc. and my mates are basically saying they've got about 150 Euros for 10 days in Ibiza. It's just not going to happen. As a result, I will probably end up either missing out on going to clubs (because I can't go alone), or I will end up paying for all of us, (which is just shit and I refuse to do it out of principle). Certain members of the party are saying, 'ooo well I can only afford one night so I want to go to such a thing', and everyone is clashing already about what they want to do. It's such a horrible letdown that I have saved £1000, thought my friends had too, only for it to be revealled at the 11th hour that in fact, nobody has saved a penny. My dream holiday is probably going to be s**t. I go on Wednesday next week, and at this point, I really can't be f**ked.

Plus I've heard its raining in Ibiza.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

*sigh*

thats wanksville of your so called mates to not save ,,like my good buddy adam said bollox to them!!!!me and the good lady are there from the 4th of july if you want kidnapping for a few days ,,,let them stay in the hotel drinking the free booze while you spend your pennys on having a good time,,,,after you work hard all year its what you look forward to the most ,,,good old R&R:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Amy,

Sod them, it's their own fault and you go and have fun without them once their cash has run out!

Don't let it spoil your holiday, You are moaning but I don't have a holiday booked this year.. . . .ok I had 5 last year :$ !

£1000 is a nice kitty and if you were going anywhere else other than pricebeetha that would have paid for 3 of my holidays last year . .. honest;)

Go there enjoy and if you're mates can't keep up, tough. . . .rub their noses in it by having fun.

I could have fun on their £150 for a week on the White Isle, but not with what you have planned.

Have a top time.

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
I know what you're saying, but I can't very well go on a clubbing holiday alone.....

and yeah Lozzie, I thought exactly the same about 150 euros and I have never ever been to Ibiza.....it will last 2 days max and that is if we are stingy. It looks like I might have to befriend other people at the hotel!!!! :|
Do it!! :)

The way to stop this is to stop running around for them & tell them you haven't the time & they'll have to do it themselves. They're not going to get up themselves and do it if someone else is doing it for them.

Also, just say to them... "Have you got my money that you owe me please?" Simple as.... it's money THEY owe YOU!!

You'll have a great time hun.... even if they don't/can't!! :D

x

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Thanks for the advice guys! :wave:

Think I've just been very stressed, and it's all been a bit too much. Last exam tomorrow (thank the lord!) I'm at that stage where I feel like I couldn't give a toss about them anymore! :crazy:

I think everyone is right, I'm going to have to be a bit selfish and just do what I can when I can. I probably won't get another opportunity to go to Ibiza, and I'm going to make the most of it! :D I'm likely to feel different about it all anyway once I'm there and having fun!