clubs

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
Reading all these clubs has brought back some memories!!Some good some scary!!Well here goes......
051=liverpool
Shelleys= stoke,top top top top what can i say
kinetic=stoke
drome=birkenhead
maximes=wigan
wigan pier
Banshee= manchester,first time in walked into a wall cause it was all painted black with strobes on and you couldnt see a thing!!!
Hippos=middleton
monroes= blackburn
legends=warrington
die hard=wolverhampton( that is the name isnt it my memory is failing fast!)
cricketers=wigan
park hall=near camelot themepark
the zone-preston
applebys= st helens,which was rockin in its heyday and the home of dj demand before he became a superstar dj!!

and many events of which i cant remeber the names of, a few stand out in my mind......

northgate arena-chester= cause it was my mates first big event playing
fantazia= one new years eve cant remeber which, cause it was shite
V97= just to see the prodigy they rocked!!

there may be more but im old now and i cant think, i went to a few in leeds a couple of times but i cant think what they are called, i even went to the afterdark once in about 96 but was so mashed that i couldnt remeber were it was to go back cause it was rockin but we got chucked out cause my cousin wouldnt take his hat off!!!!

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
I just dont know! I proper dont know!

Hazy dayz!

I heard most old skool through my sisters tapes of the 808 state show - thats what got me hooked in 90 & 91 I was only a youngster then tho - 14. Remember listenin to stuff like Dream on - Love Decade thinkin - what a friggin tune this is - I think this is the scene for me!

Clubs I wented to back in them days were mainly local clubs round Wigan and St.Helens - stickin with my mates like!

Mainly Applebys in St.Helens (Stu Allen) roughest place ever used to be someone lay in a pool o blood every weekend! I got dusted aswell once ended up lookin like Sylvester Stallone at end of Rocky 1!

and Martines in my younger had some proper good laffs here (Theme tunes - Brothers & Sisters, Risky, JJTribute)

During the piss up years used to go everywhere gettin wankered - Liverpool, Manchester, Oldham, Blackburn, Preston, Bolton, Wigan, Warrington, Blackpool - hammered that.

Clubs been to:

BCM - (fucking excellent)
Bananas
Sanctuary
Retro@Eden
Es Paradis
Privelage
Afterdark
The Old Cornmill (best night ever!)
Peppermint Place / Utopia
Park Hall
Tokyo Joes
Icon
Equinox
Paradox
Palace
Bliss
Infinity

loads more cack ones but had some top times and good memories, Wish Id have gone more proper clubs back in the day Like Bowlers, Angels, Venue but had to go with the crowd. Had some good foam parties aswell never forget them!

Just Thankful for the scene now - producing the best nights ever for me, Cornmill was mega - thanks to the goodtimes crew - untouchable

:D :D :D

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
It was probably DJ Qual-e-T who was playing at martines he also did sum old skool nites at the plaza, you would have probably seen me and alec in martines that was our weekly haunt! I think you would be 2 old but did you ever hear of SUBURBIA that was an under 18's night that we started (about 4 of us) that was held first at sutton high and then at queens park lesiure centre, it got completley out of hand when thousands of kids started turning up and the que's were huge, so we had to finish it,DJ Demand and Stu Allen played for us and they loved it! i think we are to blame for the wanna be ravers who flood to crystals every sat!!!
We spawned many monsters, but it was fun, i still bump into a few of them when i go to maximes and that makes me feel ancient!!"i remember you when............"!!!!

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
What a top post this is!!!...

For me it was 91/94....

Havana
Leeds Warehouse
Kaos
Perception
Soak (once)
Orbit at Ossett
Orbit at Morley
Rickys
Arena
Gallery (regular 91/94)
Ark's (most of)
Phobia's (most of)
Organiks (most of)
Pleasuredrome (Bolton)
Angels (once)
Bowlers (monthly/ish)
Doncaster Warehouse (good tunes, scaaaary people!)
Rezerection

And quite a few house/illegal parties that I try to forget (full o thugs and other assorted undesirables)

and one ooop norf called the "Blue Monkey" (I think!!!), memory of that one is a bit *hazy* to say the least - think it was near Middlesborough!.

Went to Gatecrasher a couple of times a few years ago, also been to most of the Ibiza clubs in 93.

Wish I could've gone to Shelleys, Wigan Pier, Maximes, Zone and Eclipse/Edge and Quest.

Aaaahhh... gettin all nostalgic!...

:luv:

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
and how could I forget...

"GALACTICA" ! ! ! ! ! !

Can't believe I forgot those, they were my faves...

Think I'll stick that tape on tonite, but fed up today...

Phil

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Myk said:
This is my chronological list (time scaled innit) of "regular" clubs:

The Man Alive (MCR Uni) 1986-88

The Konspiracy (MCR Centre) and The Thunderdome (Miles Platting) 1988-1990

The Hacienda and The Boardwalk (MCR Centre) 1989 - 1992

The Studio (MCR Centre) 1989-90

Bowlers (Salford) 1990

The Academy (MCR Centre) 1991-92

from 1992 - 1994 I did :

Hardtimes (Huddersfield)

B2B (Leeds)

Up yer Ronson (Leeds)

Then I moved to Spain and am still here :D

Ok that was my regulars list but Ive also visited amongst many others :

Sequins, Shellys, Time, Cream, The Venue, Angels...at Id say nearly every weekend from early 88 till late 89 I did some mad wharehouse or another, nearly always but not exclusively around blackburn.

Theres loads more but Im too fekked to remember most of them I think...well atleast the regulars are there :D

D'ya ever get that feelin' yer bein followed!!!

Myk yer stalker, glad yer in Spain mate, or I'd be forever peepin out me windows to see if I've shook you off yet!

Or.

It could be me who's the stalker:eyebrow:

Thought Man Alive was on Upper Brook St. right at the end near the flyover. It is Uni land their tho, never knew it was part of the Uni tho.
Students would have got skinned alive in the Man Alive!
At least they didn't have far to walk back to thier digs in thier underpants!

Yeah, anyway same as Myk cept it was 88 when I first landed.

Ere's some others I remember : PSV (Hulme), SoundGarden (Mcr),Legends (Mcr), Legends (warrington), Manhatten Heights (Blackburn).

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
DeeDee said:

V97= just to see the prodigy they rocked!!

Was yer at Leeds or Darn sarf? Cos I went there too, and didn't they just rip the gaff apart, prodigy.
Others worth a mention from that weekend were Echo & The Bunny Men, Always forget their names-Tie your hands up (that tune, think their from glastonbury) Chemical Brothers in the (rather rammed) Dance Tent.

Me pal an me was havin a grin about it the other day, cos all we could get from home that mornin b4 we set off was phet (Eww) So I got a huge bag of that an graffted it in the Q to get in, an then went a huntin for some goodies. Got em, and me and me pal got lost from the other two, so we ate all our goodies, an sat sayin '100, 000 peeps, we'll never see them 2 again, might as well eat theirs'
So down the hatch, they was still stuck in me throat 30 secs later when they bumped right into us:$

I was the one with an Italia '90 Sun hat!
(lost it too, suprise suprise!)

Sensi

Feb 21, 2010
Sunny Scunny (Scunthorpe)
The Jam Factory, London Road, Sheffield. Palais.

n650335775_337079_5155.jpg

One of the first clubs i went to. The start of 9yr Great yrs.

During my travels i went to :

Hacienda & Bowlers in Madchester

Welly Club in Hull

Leeds Back to Basics

Cream in Liverpool. just to name a few.

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
in the early days it was mostly:

shelleys
hacienda
eclipse
quest
coast 2 coast
j-jays
digbeth institute

plus some of the bigger raves (pandemonium, time etc)

moving into the mid 90s it was mostly:

C.R.E.A.M.
Wobble
Bakers
Miss Moneypennys
Tin Tins
Steering Wheel

And at the back end of the 90s it was:

Passion
Sundissential
West End Bar

Went to a few other places as a one off along the way, can't be arsed to name em, tho. Then i gave up cos it all went shite :(