Broadband & Phone - Whos best

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Who is best at the moment? Any recommendations?

Need advice on Broadband and Phone, not interested in telly, Im the Sky salesteam's wet dream and Im not getting rid of it

Was about to dial Virgin and go for the 20Mbps option plus phone but Ive read online they cap things like Bitorrent. Cheeky feckers, you should get what you pay for

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Looks like People don't have an issue with Virgin.

I've read downloading and gaming gets policed big time and speeds get throttled to bugger all, is this not the case then?

I tend to use Vuze / Azeurus, is Utorrent better?

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
We tested the connection speed the other night and rated at 18. 57 mbps which isnt bad for a 20 meg line :thumbsup:

I use utorrent and havnt had a problem with it, but unfortunately i cant compare it it to any others as thats all ive used for ages now Neil. :wave:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Who is best at the moment? Any recommendations?

Need advice on Broadband and Phone, not interested in telly, Im the Sky salesteam's wet dream and Im not getting rid of it

Was about to dial Virgin and go for the 20Mbps option plus phone but Ive read online they cap things like Bitorrent. Cheeky feckers, you should get what you pay for

I use BT mate, never ever had any problems with em or connection, got all 3 phone, broadband and tele and I swear by em

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Another virgin here (arf, arf)

They are the best for speeds by far and I've yet to be capped and I hammer the downloads.

Neil - give up on the torrents, switch to newsgroups instead 700MB in 5-7 mins with no share ratio :thumbsup:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
Be There

If you got Bt landline and dont fancy cable...

Be there

Been with them for 10 months now after a shite load of years on aol.
now got 20meg and all through my bt phone no cap whatsoever and I mean I download constant on everything they have shit hot service got me running in a few days from aol switched and wouldnt look back plus if you just input your phone number it tells you on the site what you will recieve in your area if you pay extra you can double that speed they will tell you exact speed you will get and it never gets capped all you do is put in you land line and post code on the site https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage and the speed it tells you will get in your area you will get no bullshite like most promises from networks you can trail 3 months and the first 2 for me where free so couldnt loose....

Plus you can understand the people on the phone from the contact centre... Aol was transfering me to someone in a distant country...

BE Value

* Up to 12 meg download
* Up to 1.3 meg upload
* Unlimited usage

12 month contract.
Who's this for More information Who's this for More information
£ 13.79 /month
BE Unlimited

* Up to 24 meg download
* Up to 1.3 meg upload
* Unlimited usage

12 month contract.
Also available on a 3 month contract.
£ 17.88 /month
BE Pro

* Up to 24 meg download
* Up to 2.5 meg upload
* Unlimited usage
* 1 Static IP address (can upgrade to up to 16 static IPs)

12 month contract.
Also available on a 3 month contract.

£ 21.97 /month

works ace for me I have 2 pcs 2 laptops all running on it and I use xbox live now which has no lag whatsoever they even do there own landline now which im thinking of taken on as BT is not so great..... try it for 3 months if you think its not up to what you want just cancel your 3 month contract but Im sure once you try it you wont be dissapointed I have no probs at all they have there own forum and you can setup you modem to what you want to use it for downloading gaming with just a few clicks tells you on the site whatever you want to know and works like a charm...

The no cap means no cap It was proper evil on aol i was only gettin 2 meg if that at best........

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
With ya there jammer

Bt Is Shite They Have Super Jumped Up There Prices I Was On Incoming Calls Only Cost Me 3 Pounds Plus Line Rental A Month Then Got A Hefty Bill One Month And Found They Had Shifted Me To A New Tariff And I Had To Pay All Kinds And Was Told If I Wanted To Go Back To Incoming Calls It Would Cost Me 28 Quid What A Cheek Also Said I Had Been Sent Letter To Say About There New Tarrif Which I Never Ever Got And After A Time They Shiffted Me Anyway Hence Me Wanting To Jib Em Now For Bethere Line Rental.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: