'02/09' - In My House - In My Proper Boss 'Ouse laa

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

woody

l_99cd498b86fd44366e0de06f16a003e3.jpg

In My House is the newest and most exclusive Oldskool House event in manchester.
We strive to offer an experience as close to ‘back in the day’ as you can get by keeping true to the foundations of house music, and what made it so special!!:love:

We pride ourselves in playing the best tunes from the late 80s and early 90s, but with a bit of a twist. You wont hear your usual tired old anthems, that you've heard a million times before, oh no sir-eee! What you will hear is an eclectic mix of tunes, ranging from Chilled out Balearic Beats, Chicago House, Detroit Techno & Acid, to Uplifting Italian, UK & US House music from way back (when it was good) :cool:

For our regulars the venue is the same as always. For any In My House virgins, please contact us and we will let you in on our little secret ;) The reason we dont advertise this publicly with flyers and posters is so we keep the riff raff out :p we only have happy smiley party people at IMH... who have either been personally invited, are members of OSA and their friends or trusted friends of friends etc...
That is the only way we can guarantee a safe and enjoyable evening for our people whilst creating a unique atmosphere that is only achieved with a congregation of true house music enthusiasts, who have one thing on their minds.. To party like its 1991!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:head:

I am delighted to announce that 2 of my favourite DJs will be headlining our 3rd event! Two of the original founders of the now Legendary Liverpool Oldskool nite "Hazydayz" that ran for over 2 years and one of the many things that inspired us to start In My House. Hazydayz opened my eyes to the world of house music, outside the all the commercial sh*te you hear regurgitated in every cheesy cattle market club in town. DJs that weren't afraid to play something different, something potentially "new" and exciting despite it being nearly 20 years old... to a receptive crowd who (like us) were sick of hearing the same old music over and over again. Dont get me wrong though... we're not goin' to bore you to death with peculiar obscure music that no ones heard before... We spend a hell of a lot of time rooting out classic tunes that dont get the exposure they deserve, tunes you'll have forgotten, secret little gems that we've discovered over the years mixed up with stone cold classics that we all know and love!!! phones:

All the DJs we have on, play only for the price of a few beers and the love of the music that inspired a generation! They are keen vinyl collectors with a major enthusiasm for oldskool house. This makes for a much more varied evening with a wide range of music being played from start to finish, covering allsorts of styles and genres and hopefully something for everyone!!

The DJs for February are as always residents Woody, Cano and Miss Saysay.. with very special guests this month...

Pluto(Hazydayz, Back to the Old 'pool & Mentazm)

Mister DJ (Hazydayz, Evolution)

Saturday 9th February
9PM till 3AM (Last entry strictly 11.30PM)
£5 On the Door (see below for Guaranteed Entry List)
Rights of Admission Reserved.
Casual Dress Code - Jeans & Trainers OK

We're not in this to make any money! we only charge what we need to cover our costs and to buy the DJs a few beers :pixie:
We do this because we love the music we play and love to share it with likeminded people who appreciate DJs who play something a little bit different from the norm.. we hope you can all join us again for our 3rd event, and we've certainly given you enough time to get it in your calendars :p so there really is no excuse!

Anyone who confirms their attendance on here will be put on a guaranteed entry list (in case of lock out) as the venue only holds a maximum of 120 people. Please contact us for details of the venue or with any questions you may have...

We look forward to seeing you down there again!!

woody

defo looking forward to this one :thumbsup: , its my birthday weekend blowout out too :cool:

and da man like plutes on the 1s N 2s who could ask for a better birthday pressiephones:

I spose i best put you on the guestlist then since its yer bday ;)

really really looking forward to this! been a long time coming as it was supposed to be for my birthday in October, but to have both Mick & Mart on for 2 Hours is a treat worthy of anyones birthday:king:

:D

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Not long now :roll:

Well 6 weeks but thats not long is it :D

Really looking forward to another installment of inmyhouse

Whos mad for it then ? :cool:

Gimme a hell yeah and get ya names down ont list :thumbsup:

rich_m

Jun 26, 2007
Stoke on Trent
I'm keen on this but could do with some info on whereabouts the venue is.

I'd be coming-up from Stoke so would prob need help on nearby hotels or parking please?

Thanks
Rich

Michie

VIP Silver Member
Jul 5, 2007
Stoke

I'd be coming-up from Stoke so would prob need help on nearby hotels or parking please?

Thanks
Rich

If we go you are welcome to get a lift with us (babysitter pending!!!!)
Where abouts are you?

Mich :)

woody

Thanks
Rich

you have a PM fella:thumbsup: Theres a car park next door thats unused at night, but i wouldnt like to say what time the wardens will be out on a sunday tho.

Skiddle - Accommodation Guide - Manchester hotels, discount hotels in Manchester at LateRooms.

is a list of hotels and shizzle in manchester just incase:thumbsup: