zone reunion

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
was pretty excited when i first heard about this but then the set info come out and i was pretty dissapointed
imo i think it would of been better havin bazza j and andy dean on at"peak time" rather than the early slots.i know zones was going years after jenks and has changed styles over the years but isnt zone best known for its piano/jenks style tunes or am i just being "ageist"?:|

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
was pretty excited when i first heard about this but then the set info come out and i was pretty dissapointed
imo i think it would of been better havin bazza j and andy dean on at"peak time" rather than the early slots.i know zones was going years after jenks and has changed styles over the years but isnt zone best known for its piano/jenks style tunes or am i just being "ageist"?:|

I would go with that but to drop a piano set in the middle of synth sets would kill the night.

I think your being `pianoist` (and there is nothing wrong with that) but the night is trying to reflect the styles and venues through the ages.

If this one is a success, and ticket sales have gone very well indeed from what I hear, there is potential to have both rooms and both styles seperate if there is another event. That would be far better IMHO.

I must admit I quite like a lot of the later housey stuff although it is not my preference. It`s only all the Hi NRG style house with that fooking annoying da da dum da da dum galloping bass line that I really dislike and I do not think much of that will be played.

I am going anyway........

dazz m

Mar 13, 2006
sunny morecambe
im with glenn on this one. once the zone moved to the venue and more synth was played, it kinda lost its sparkle for me. although its each to their own, so you could rage on all night about the " which is best- piano or synth" debate!!
imho, italian piano everytime for me!!:thumbsup:

Mr Lee

Jun 19, 2003
Blackpool
I would go with that but to drop a piano set in the middle of synth sets would kill the night.

I think your being `pianoist` (and there is nothing wrong with that) but the night is trying to "reflect the styles and venues through the ages."

If this one is a success, and ticket sales have gone very well indeed from what I hear, there is potential to have both rooms and both styles seperate if there is another event. That would be far better IMHO.

Does that mean i get to do a Happy hardcore set at the next one ! :fekked:

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
I am sorry but would have to resort to breaking both your arms before that happens.

:)

The words `happy` and `hardcore` do not sit well for me. It is generally one of the most nauseating forms of music that has ever been produced IMHO.

Each to his own though.......

theworxhq

Jul 13, 2006
preston
www.facebook.com
this wasnt the easiest of events to put together as my first line up i approached was shot down in flames by two of the first dj's approached i.e peoples lives have moved on.
so spanner well and truely thrown in the fekin worx!!

another factor ive faced is peoples negativity towards me booking mc irie,well sorry,the first original zone mc over an mc who doesnt turn up when booked!!
(i must be a mad eh)but i only wanted one mc on anyways,given the personal choice itd have been none!!

like barries says its been booked for every zone lover,start of the scene all the way through to the end,esp for the regular zone head who followed all the way through the years,not just the people who went to jenks n sacked it off cos it went too sythy or what ever.
this party is about the music,the memorys,the faces,and its about everybody who ever went or didnt get to experience the zone.

lets just enjoy it!!!
ticket sales are goin alot better than i thought it would,it was a big gamble,but ive had to strip 2 shops of tickets for demand on net sales selling out twice now and they are about to run out also!!

so its working for some people:thumbsup:

come and join the fun,you never know,you may enjoy it!!:fekked:

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
this wasnt the easiest of events to put together as my first line up i approached was shot down in flames by two of the first dj's approached i.e peoples lives have moved on.
so spanner well and truely thrown in the fekin worx!!

another factor ive faced is peoples negativity towards me booking mc irie,well sorry,the first original zone mc over an mc who doesnt turn up when booked!!
(i must be a mad eh)but i only wanted one mc on anyways,given the personal choice itd have been none!!

like barries says its been booked for every zone lover,start of the scene all the way through to the end,esp for the regular zone head who followed all the way through the years,not just the people who went to jenks n sacked it off cos it went too sythy or what ever.
this party is about the music,the memorys,the faces,and its about everybody who ever went or didnt get to experience the zone.

lets just enjoy it!!!
ticket sales are goin alot better than i thought it would,it was a big gamble,but ive had to strip 2 shops of tickets for demand on net sales selling out twice now and they are about to run out also!!

so its working for some people:thumbsup:

come and join the fun,you never know,you may enjoy it!!:fekked:

i stand corrected!!!;)