Zone Blackpool-20/06/07

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
Ive been to a few of these zone reunions at dna and have always been a tad disappointed. theyre never that busy and the venue is somehow lacking, the atmosphere never really takes off i reckon.

The music at zone is always amazing tho as r the djs its just a shame they cant get a better venue and if they did i reckon more people would turn up. If only they could hold these events back at maximes wigan or even camel club huddersfield or something it would be gr8. When zone was a tmaximes it was immense, gr8 gr8 atmosphere n v.busy. It seems the owners wont do any nites but bouncy house tho now, shame.

If any of the relavant promoters r readin i reckon Zone, Good times, Bowlers reunion should all get to gether and do one mother of a nite in a gr8 venue somewhere easy for peep to get to in the north, would be wicked!!!!:D

I partly agree there. I may be wrong so if you want anyone; feel free to whitter on and tell me :) LOL, but I think Blackpool is the wrong sorta place for any club night that appeals to such a neeshy crowd.
People go to Blackpool to get pissed and ill off the shitty food sold on the front, and don't SEEM arsed where they do it....
I appreciate that the night was born in blackpool, and thus makes sense to hold the reunions there but maybe it's time to rethink the location for the next one??? only a thought :)

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
its important to remember that when you ask for feedback you are going to get a true opinion and feeling from each individual.... be that positive or negative..

Criticism or praise is fair enough as long as it is truthful - even the author went back on the part of his review that wasn`t true.

I can agree that I think part of the problem is DNA - it is a pretty shit cub that never quite gets the atmosphere that it should do and also due to the deal the owners give promoters the door charges have to be quite expensive, and for some reason, the lack of support from locals who just do not seem to go to these events.

If we ever do another maybe we should give it a try out of town. I know for sure we will not be doing anymore at DNA. I would rather use a smaller more intimate venue.

We shall see, but thanks for all the positive comments, appreciated.

Joldskool

Registered Member
Nov 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
Where was you? lol

I did ask a couple of peeps who you were but I guess I was just asking the wrong peeps....

I had a top night. :)

Where was yooooooou Timmy Tim Tim!!!!?????........shame me neva' met ya'??? :( or did I???..:crazy: ..... Glad ya' had a gud un' tho \o/\o/\o/ ........where was ya' rockin'???.....nxt time GEZZA :cool:

Ceejay

Jul 15, 2006
Preston
linktr.ee
Criticism or praise is fair enough as long as it is truthful - even the author went back on the part of his review that wasn`t true.

I can agree that I think part of the problem is DNA - it is a pretty shit cub that never quite gets the atmosphere that it should do and also due to the deal the owners give promoters the door charges have to be quite expensive, and for some reason, the lack of support from locals who just do not seem to go to these events.

If we ever do another maybe we should give it a try out of town. I know for sure we will not be doing anymore at DNA. I would rather use a smaller more intimate venue.

Thanx barrie:thumbsup: , i didn't mean to be shitty on my review,but it has to be said blackpool hasn't got the appeal no more.totally agree that u should use a different venue. how about 53degree's in preston where they hold the worx do's, i found it had a good atmos in there, anyways don't let the bastards(moi)grind ya down, keep Zone alive mate.phones: Chris

Ceejay

Jul 15, 2006
Preston
linktr.ee
I partly agree there. I may be wrong so if you want anyone; feel free to whitter on and tell me :) LOL, but I think Blackpool is the wrong sorta place for any club night that appeals to such a neeshy crowd.
People go to Blackpool to get pissed and ill off the shitty food sold on the front, and don't SEEM arsed where they do it....
I appreciate that the night was born in blackpool, and thus makes sense to hold the reunions there but maybe it's time to rethink the location for the next one??? only a thought :)

You have hit the nail on he head my son:thumbsup: , promoters get together and sort this shit out,bowlers has had the best reunion yet by far, but not so often, i know it'd lose it's appeal if they did it every week, but if all could sort something out were we can at least have a top night every month.:hubba:

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Foooookin mint nite if ya ask me :D , The best part of the night for me was standing outside chatting to randoms as we were all smoking our merry heads off-top stuff :thumbsup: Have to say there were some top tunes dropped-good to hear them outphones: , rather than in a car or bedroom or somat-lol

...Damo couldnt agree more...

If any of the relavant promoters r readin i reckon Zone, Good times, Bowlers reunion should all get to gether and do one mother of a nite in a gr8 venue somewhere easy for peep to get to in the north, would be wicked!!!!

That would be a night made in heaven :cool:...Come on, that would be wicked phones: :fekked:

dj old skooler

Jan 19, 2004
Thanx barrie:thumbsup: , i didn't mean to be shitty on my review,but it has to be said blackpool hasn't got the appeal no more.totally agree that u should use a different venue. how about 53degree's in preston where they hold the worx do's, i found it had a good atmos in there, anyways don't let the bastards(moi)grind ya down, keep Zone alive mate.phones: Chris

chris,ive already spoke to phil about doing summat with the worx n zone @ 53degrees(many months ago),i have the rights to the venue with old skool so i can sort it no probs,alls i can say is watch this space.

i agree with most comments,i personaly dont like dna very much,never liked it(boom,boom room,jellys ect)but i love the italian tunes n suport the nights on every event.
the music on fri was fantastic,all the djs did a spot on job,this is always the case at reunion doo's and its a shame about the turn outs cos ppl dont know what they are missing.
met some top ppl again on fri and caught up with some old mad heads,main thing is,you went out and showed support:thumbsup:
respect all around

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Where was yooooooou Timmy Tim Tim!!!!?????........shame me neva' met ya'??? :( or did I???..:crazy: ..... Glad ya' had a gud un' tho \o/\o/\o/ ........where was ya' rockin'???.....nxt time GEZZA :cool:

Na, deffo didn't meet ya. Was either chatting about tunes in the corner behind DJ booth, chatting about tunes outside or rocking to Barrie on't dancefloor :head: :D

wildcat_j

Jun 4, 2006

thats a fair point that Barrie.. its a crying shame that a minority of people ruin it for the ones that want to remember it as it was...... ;)