3. ?..."yo,whassup"
4. ?..."atmosphere"
5. REACT 2 RHYTHM...intoxication
6. KGB...bondage
7. ?..."you got to let the rhythm pump"
8. BASSHEADS...anybody out there
9. BAND IN A BOX...get dynamite
10. ?
11. ?(embarrassingly forgot)...can u dig it?
12. ?
13. ?..."everythings gonna be alright"
14. ?..."walk on" (not sunscreem)
15. PRIMAL SCREAM...dont fight,it feel it

1. LOST...the gonzo
2. 2 LIMITED...get ready for this
3. 4 FOR MONEY...bpj
4. MOVEMENT 16...umm oo eya
5. DOP...take me
6. JOE T VANELLI...phase oot
7. KGB...bondage
8. ?
9. ANTI-CAPELLA...2/231
10. LA STYLE...james brown
11. ?
12. RAF...we gonna get
13. ?..."throw your hands up in the air" "this beat is mine"
14. ?
15. BROTHERS IN RHYTHM...peace+harmony
16. EVOLUTION...metropolis

Last edited:

stru

Feb 17, 2004
piano flys in paradise = joe t vanelli - phase out , wat a fkn tune mate , been after for years , only just got id'd myself an waitn on the vinyl :thumbsup:

the highlander

Jun 28, 2005
stru said:
piano flys in paradise = joe t vanelli - phase out , wat a fkn tune mate , been after for years , only just got id'd myself an waitn on the vinyl :thumbsup:

Ive got someone on this board having a butchers at all the tunes im wanting....

...and that tune,along with 4 for moneys 'BPJ',(cheers neil!) was top of my list.

if theyve got two copies of it,fookin get me one!

i'll pick it up in person....even if you stay in the Sicily Isles.

PhuxAche

May 15, 2007
Rhumba October 91

Anyone got ALL the tapes from October 91? I'm looking for a specific one (not sure what friday it was) it has Trancemission by Trancemission, Lee Marrow Da Da Da (Dance to the house) on the start of Side A. Fcukin amazing
tape! Someone nicked it off me way back in 92 the fuckers!

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
i was a rhumba regular from the early days right through to the bitter end

was the best club night and crowd in scotland by a country mile and zammo was the best warm up dj around, it was like a family thing with zammo and wayne and higgins and the rest

cant remember you being there steve? was it in dundee or edinburgh or perth at the time

i have a load of mixes from the nights although not as many as i used to as i had around 60 tapes nicked

i can stick up a list of the ones i have when i get back home from this shitehole if anyone is interested

this guy who posted this originally had hundreds of rhumba tapes but i have lost contact with him

PhuxAche

May 15, 2007
Rhumba!

Yea please post all those tapes you have dude! Thanks, much appreciated. I was at Roxanne's Rhumba and a lot of FatSam's Rhumba too. Ah the memories.....:S

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Last edited:

PhuxAche

May 15, 2007
Rhumba!

Thanks for the link dude, but it's mainly all the 91 i'm lookin for at the moment. God those Rhumba nights in Arbroath were shit hot!

daygo

Jan 31, 2006
brighton
stores.ebay.co.uk
i was a rhumba regular from the early days right through to the bitter end

was the best club night and crowd in scotland by a country mile and zammo was the best warm up dj around, it was like a family thing with zammo and wayne and higgins and the rest

Make you right there mate.......cracking club, forgot about higgins.......what a loon. I remember once at Perth when someone decided to try and drive through the front doors in a stolen car.........panic ensued, especailly when Zammo shouted out the immortal line........''divnae worry, they're only after the English!''
:fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

PhuxAche

May 15, 2007
Rhumba!

Steve that was Fat Sams. Roxanne's was where Rhumba started off and
everyone would remember the chewing-gum carpet and the bogs were
filled with pictures of burds wi their tits oot!

Anyways, I just wanna say, that Zammo was the worst dj ever. He was renowned for "trumpets" (shit mixing in english) but he did play some fine
choons. I have the tapes to prove it!! Just that everyone was that fucked
they never noticed the god awful mixing! I remember he got booted off the
decks at Tokyo Joes (Peace in the Valley 2) for playing choons that was bringing the crowd down with a bang!

I'm gonna get flack for this, but WTF! It's my opinion! :dummy:

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Make you right there mate.......cracking club, forgot about higgins.......what a loon. I remember once at Perth when someone decided to try and drive through the front doors in a stolen car.........panic ensued, especailly when Zammo shouted out the immortal line........''divnae worry, they're only after the English!''
:fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

higgins was indeed a mentalist, some folk say this about a lot of folk but he was 100% crazy bastard

my times in this club were amongst the best of my life, even had my stag night at the Rhumba on 17th June 1994, Sasha and Digweed

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
:mad: :moonie:

You're talking cack, the guy was a legend.

when he was warming up he was brilliant, if playing later under the influence he could be a bit wonky on the mixing but he was a great resident DJ and a fucking good laugh

him and kilkie have played a rhumba classics night up here a few times recently but i have stayed away so i dont sully my memories

daygo

Jan 31, 2006
brighton
stores.ebay.co.uk
higgins was indeed a mentalist, some folk say this about a lot of folk but he was 100% crazy bastard

my times in this club were amongst the best of my life, even had my stag night at the Rhumba on 17th June 1994, Sasha and Digweed

I've always said those Rhumba gigs we did were amongst the best ever.....one night with Spunky and Dimitri (the Dutch one) was bonkers:fekked: