Yankee Nutter Burning the Koran?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
Well we clearly live in dangerous times and the threat from the fanatical side of islam is more dangerous than the Ira threat was. Isalm is the only religion I know that can be interpreted as wiping out all other faiths.

Clearly this yank's actions are unwise but its time the west stood up to th east and got some charlie ollockx. I read a very worrying report in the times about turkey a few weeks ago.

Plus ask anyone who lives in bolton, rochdale, oldham, bury eteetc the tension is bad.

The problem is that many people feel muslims are protected at the expense of white people of christian or no faith and Im afraid in soem areas the anecdotal evidence supports this. If this is allowed to continue more nuts will spring up and it allows nutters to get support from otherwise reasonable live let live people.

It seems there is a definate double standard why build a mosques next to ground zero -why? They planned a march for wooton basset and spit on our soldiers and no one bats an eye lid. So moderate people in some ares support extremist white groups out of desperation.

Its time for the west to stand up for white people's rights in a fair live let live way if this doesnt happen I am very frightend for where this country is going.:|

:thumbsup:

I hate the fact that I have 'NO WHITE' areas in my town of Oldham :naughty:

My local Council is corrupt & I am now classed as a 2nd class citizen in my home town!!!

What next??? :mad:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
It bothers me about as much as it would bother me if someone stood in the street and set fire to a Harry Potter book. It's just a story book that means nothing.

So burn away I say, and let them show themselves up as the riots and death threats start, and the rest of the world can sit back and laugh as they alienate themselves even more from civilised western society.

It bothers me about as much as it would bother me if someone stood in the street and set fire to a Harry Potter book. It's just a story book that means nothing.

So burn away I say, and let them show themselves up as the riots and death threats start, and the rest of the world can sit back and laugh as they alienate themselves even more from civilised western society.

You're opinion is your own. It might mean nothing to you, but there are plenty of good muslims who actually might be very upset.

Also, western society, civilised??? I think not. We're only just keeping a lid on it same as the next country. Everyone has their own way, none better or worse than another…it's subjective isn't it?

There is a quote I like that goes "society is just chaos taking a break" and it's very true.

I don't think what he's doing is right. Anyone who 'hates' others like that is wrong in my eyes…irrespective of their demographic. It will serve nothing.

Last edited:
In other news the Pope is planning on wowing the devout with God-ordained showmanship on his UK tour...

popetour2010.jpg

Bootleg

Registered Member
Jun 8, 2010
All these people who support or have sympathy for these nutcase jihadists make me laugh. Go live in Bradford or a similar city for a week and see what your opinions are then.

stuck in Aahz

Mar 28, 2004
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
cos of some stoopid amendment to the constitution regarding freedom of speech. apparently it's ok for them to lock u up forever for possession of an once of an indiginous herb, but they can't do anything when u put the whole western world in danger. nice 1 obama cheers for that lol

"Stoopid" huh? I suppose we should just ban freedom of speech then, and let the government control what we say? I don't think you really thought that one through. BTW, The amendment that allows us our freedom of speech (much the same as Brits are allowed to speak their minds) has been around a lot longer than Obama has. If I have to put up with a few nutters in order to live and speak freely, then it's a price I'm willing to pay, and a risk (as a member of the US military) I'm willing to take.

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
"Stoopid" huh? I suppose we should just ban freedom of speech then, and let the government control what we say? I don't think you really thought that one through. BTW, The amendment that allows us our freedom of speech (much the same as Brits are allowed to speak their minds) has been around a lot longer than Obama has. If I have to put up with a few nutters in order to live and speak freely, then it's a price I'm willing to pay, and a risk (as a member of the US military) I'm willing to take.

hmmm up to point i suppose u're right, no offence was intended mate :) a couple of things though, if u think we have real freedom of speech then i take that as fairly clear proof that u haven't lived here for any length of time.

i was trying to point out that that the US has some of the most draconian laws in the world in some respects, a lot of which cover activities that are essentially harmless (except, perhaps, to the person breaking the law), yet in others some of the most liberal. unfortunately some of the most liberal ones give rise to situations such as this, and as a member of the military u are one of the people that this guy is putting in the most danger.

still, if u're willing to take the risk then fair do's, the fact remains tho that burning a few copies of the koran is a pointless, stupid, and arguably dangerous thing to do, the US government has locked people up for doing far less on the grounds of national security, i wonder what happened in this case?

a bit of a moot point now tho since he didn't go through with it anyway :thumbsup:

edit: and another thing, since when did burning books count as speech lol, it's one step away from fascism ;)

Last edited: