Winter nights

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DC Mills

Apr 8, 2007
I Hate going to / from work in freezing cold & especially slush. On the other hand, I LOVE getting in to my cozy house & looking out at it.

koolherc

Aug 29, 2003
used to not mind the winter and snow/ice until last November when I slipped on sheet ice leaving me with a double leg fracture and had to have IM nailing operation with pins at knee and ankle:(

I will be very cautious bout upcoming winter and not doing much travelling the first sign of harsh snow/ice!!

DC Mills

Apr 8, 2007
used to not mind the winter and snow/ice until last November when I slipped on sheet ice leaving me with a double leg fracture and had to have IM nailing operation with pins at knee and ankle:(

I will be very cautious bout upcoming winter and not doing much travelling the first sign of harsh snow/ice!!

Take care U! My mate broke his wrist on ice, bone came through his skin. Nasty stuff. Be careful all.

I'm just glad I don't live at the top of a hill anymore!

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
Nice One

Looks like you would all rather have the cold somewhere else and maybe snow on a card rather than in your yard. I think I like it because when I was a kid the my house/flat was that cold in winter I had to have them evil brown blankets that only came out in winter, god knows what they where made out of but they where proper itchy and that heavy I could not turn over in the bed. :|

I could see my breath like smoke we had the worst windows ever them metal ones with a bar thing to open the window
83185189.jpg

The curtains would still move even when windows where shut. Saying that like I lived in a maisonette a sort of house ontop of a bungalow thing. We where on the top so I think didnt help. I used to have a hot water bottle
Hot-Water-Bottle.jpg
but that would just burn your feet. I used to move around the bed and stuff it sometimes under my pillow.ha ha.
Funny when think back everyone has central heating now. I ended up getting a heater in the room but that gave off more fluff than heat and it got switched off as I recon anything over 1 hour and it would have went on fire hahaha...
space-heater.jpg
I used to stay at my nans most of the time and sleep on the couch with more coats than blankets I used to stick me legs through the arms hahaha...

The 80s hey, so im used to the cold and can't bare central heating as it proper kills me off if its on too long I end up openin the windows. I love the cold and the snow/rain I just think as long as you have the right clothes on your fine but thats just me:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Deano, do ya remember the Jack Frost patterns being on the insides as well as the outsides of the windows in winter?

It dont get nowhere near as cold these days as it did in the 70's and 80's :eek:
No central heating in this house too, if the kids moan its cold they are told to quit swanning around in Tee shirts and go and put jumpers on.
Im sat here in a tee shirt now with no heating on :mad:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I don't know about 'like', but I adjust.

The worst thing about winter for me is that it can take over twice as long to get to work as it does in summer, when the roads are quiet. It's also harder in winter to get out of a nice warm bed.

The upside though, being into my snowboarding, is that without the snow I can't ride baby.

Crisp winter days can be really pleasant too - as they often are in the mountains where humidity isn't much of a problem. It's the humidity in the air that makes Britain feel as cold as being in the mountains (and sometimes even colder).

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Hot-Water-Bottle.jpg
but that would just burn your feet. I used to move around the bed and stuff it sometimes under my pillow.ha ha.

I used to wake up in the morning cuddling a cold hot water bottle as that is how i fell alseep :( horrible....... my leccy blanket has just gone back on for the winter now so nice and snug at night x

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
I used to wake up in the morning cuddling a cold hot water bottle as that is how i fell alseep :( horrible....... my leccy blanket has just gone back on for the winter now so nice and snug at night x

Ha Ha leccky blanket I used to have one of them a few years after the fire and used to leave it on while i was in the bed I would wake up proper swettin
water_head_sweat.jpg
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I used to get ice on the inside of the window aswell as out and always remember when I used to go to my Nan and grandads if i reached to turn the fire on the "go get a jumper on" line would come out lol..

Kids dont know there born hahahaha

Cold was proper Cold in the 80s I used to get leg burn from sitting so close the the gas fire. I loved my snorkle big hooded coat which when zipped up you could only see forward through a round hole of pure furrr hahahaa. I used to eat the furry surounding and would be known to cough up a furr ball hahaha..
wordpress_80s_Picture5_Blog_180511.jpg

422437965_tp.jpg

What about mittens that had been put together so you wouldnt lose them you felt like you where a puppet with the string going right around ya back.

Wool-Army-Blankets-picture-2.jpg
Them old brown blankets though what the hell did they make them out of in the late 70s early 80s I would say a mesh of brown string and wire and itching powder....:fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

A kid from today would not LASst a day if sent back to the 80s.

3 channels bbc1 bbc2 erm itv

game sytem of no choice Atari 2600 and one game bought separate which was pac man how crap was pac man on the atari.:( or that pong game omg BLIP BLIP BLIP BLIP.. They complain about graphics now how about a stick each and a square ball...lol

atari2600.jpg

toys_200l.jpg

Jackanory

bike of chioce tomahawk or griffter I had a tomahawk a smaller version of the chopper or if you where a proper small fry you could have a Budgie A even smaller version of the chopper
goldtomahawk.jpg

Evil kneivel stunt cycle which was the only toy that got any of my time and eagle eye action man..... bike broke first day as handle bars where such a flimsy plastic and the flip stunt shown in advert was a total fluke as it never worked with mine rev that fooker up lol....
ektoys.jpg

rubbixs cube

I think a kid from today would be lost in a no mobile no computer internet world no xbox ps3 and no mp3 world.

WHAT DO YOU THINK??????

I also remember being in school and having to keep me coat on in the class hahaha bring back the proper cold lol