Who likes funky house??

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
There's alot of good stuff, but equally alot of pap, youve just gotta be able to distinguish the good from the bad ;) There's alot of people jumpin on the bandwagon n trying to make n play funky house due to it being the trend right now.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Biskit said:
There's alot of good stuff, but equally alot of pap, youve just gotta be able to distinguish the good from the bad ;) There's alot of people jumpin on the bandwagon n trying to make n play funky house due to it being the trend right now.

Agreed is dead right ;) ... :thumbsup: Masters at work for me seem to be ahead of their game....theres loads o course but i just think they are superb...always have been :thumbsup:

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
Biskit said:
There's alot of good stuff, but equally alot of pap, youve just gotta be able to distinguish the good from the bad ;)

LOL . . what a daft thing to say really imo . . . isnt it a case of personal taste , what some like , some dont and vice versa . . just cos U dont like it dont mean its crap ;) . . .

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Biskit said:
Totally agree with you Debs, them guys have got soul n funk :thumbsup:

They always seem to be the ones who take that one step further....superb......... :thumbsup:

Ben......hi hun.....i was coming from the angle i think Biskit is.....its not jus personal taste sometimes...(although that does count for all music interests) its about the funky house sound for me......there seem to be lot of mediocre artists out there slamming the same ol riff's and bass lines that feature on a lot of other tunes and think they have a tune...it just gets boring......but the good stuff is defo worth listening to.......silcone soul another crackin name.... phones:

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
quality funky house is quality

the only music other than drum and bass that'll make my legs twitch
on a night out these days

but as with all genre's theirs always crap

but these days, with the technology its easier for a wider range of chav to produce 'noise' or music in some peoples ears

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Dj Ben Fisher said:
PMSL . . na i obvoiusly avent ;) even tho ive been listening to the stuff for quiet some time now and have a room at GT that plays it . . :) i Know nothing . . :)

. . . Sos keep forgettin im talkin to someone who knows it ALL . . . ;)

lol u still havent a clue :) whats a room gotta do with it ??? :)

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Northern Star said:
there seem to be lot of mediocre artists out there slamming the same ol riff's and bass lines that feature on a lot of other tunes and think they have a tune...it just gets boring......but the good stuff is defo worth listening to.......silcone soul another crackin name.... phones:

spot on there Debs :thumbsup:

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
whatyadoinsucka said:
quality funky house is quality

the only music other than drum and bass that'll make my legs twitch
on a night out these days

but as with all genre's theirs always crap

but these days, with the technology its easier for a wider range of chav to produce 'noise' or music in some peoples ears

Yep there's too many peeps thinkin', I'll av a go at that sample thats been used loadsa times n doin there tune n it soundin flat as fook instead of funky as fook :)

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
Northern Star said:
They always seem to be the ones who take that one step further....superb......... :thumbsup:

Ben......hi hun.....i was coming from the angle i think Biskit is.....its not jus personal taste sometimes...(although that does count for all music interests) its about the funky house sound for me......there seem to be lot of mediocre artists out there slamming the same ol riff's and bass lines that feature on a lot of other tunes and think they have a tune...it just gets boring......but the good stuff is defo worth listening to.......silcone soul another crackin name.... phones:

Hiya Hun :)

I do agree with what you said on a lot of the stuff using the same old riffs / basslines etc etc , and a lot of the stuff at the mo does all sound the same . . in the time ive been listenin to it not erd too much that sounds new and fresh so to speak . . .

was just his comment sayin " you have to be able to distinguish the good from the bad" really confused me , as you make yr mind up for yrself when youve erd summat for the 1st time weather its crap or not , just cos someone says "its fookin crap" dont make it crap in my book ,

if yr a dj that actual plays it out regular then that comment would have made a lot more sense to me ;) ;) cos you gotta be playin all the best / newest & freshest stuff about , to stay ahead and stand out from all the djs that are jumpin on the funky house bandwagon and playin the same old borin stuff that all sounds the same/similar :)

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
Funky House is definitely a shit word. Nobody knows what it really mean. MAW is definately Deep or Latin-Hoose. For me Funky House is a word for the commercial shit out there like Call On Me, Shitdust, Daft Crap and this Star To Fall crap Ive seen on TV yesterday