Which is more Hip Hop?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
There is no time for that round my crib homie, i way to busy busting b-boy moves 24/7 and just being dead fly in general for that- i even just got a phone call off Big Daddy Kane asking me advice on how he can get his ass looking a bit pimp again. It never stops, honest- i just made the kids tuna butt's for lunch and i used my Kangol shape cutter on the bread and arranged the hula hoops in the shape of a mic:condom:

LMAO - you're completely hatstand, biiatch :D:thumbsup:

granthamdisco

Apr 5, 2006
Pauly can probably enlighten us... it's a Yaaaarkshire tune innit :D

My copy's on FON but w/l... it's ace to see that despite 3 releases (Fon, Ozone, Warp) this tune still commands a price... & rightly so :king:

PS I do love everything on Blapps / Pure Bhoomie but deffo would say it's more ruffneck house/hardcore/hiphousecore lol

And for my money the best tune was Bus' It (remix) :love:

One of these is good & not on WARP

the other is the BEST UK HIP HOP SINGLE EVER

Mink is mentioned in the Rob Gordon interview I posted a link to on hear

dodgymix

Pauly can probably enlighten us... it's a Yaaaarkshire tune innit :D

My copy's on FON but w/l... it's ace to see that despite 3 releases (Fon, Ozone, Warp) this tune still commands a price... & rightly so :king:

PS I do love everything on Blapps / Pure Bhoomie but deffo would say it's more ruffneck house/hardcore/hiphousecore lol

And for my money the best tune was Bus' It (remix) :love:

time to get busy with the ruffneckhousehardcorehiphousecore rocking beast

Blapps for me for the memories although I do recall Sir Nipper of Patrickfitz playing dj mink

Gav

Feb 6, 2004
London
Has anyone heard of Young MC;) ... I hear he was "down with the kids" in the early 90s

Twin Hype - For Those Who Like To Groove at Discogs is da tuna

this little Japanese bad boy took me years to own
Hiroshi Fujiwara & KUDO - Return Of The Original Art Form (12") at Discogs

Oh mate, you've just sorted me out one of my all time wants with that one. My old flatmate had a copy that he stuck on a mix tape for me and I never found out what it was...you've made my day.......pricey little number though...

dodgymix

used to love "the mighty hard rocker" me self, better than both lol

YouTube - Cash Money and Marvelous - The Mighty Hard Rocker

Heard the Chemicals Borothers play this at cream in 1994

sounded awesome in there set

king of the... YouTube - MANTRONIX- King of the beats

love Mantronix mix of FSOL YouTube - Future Sound Of London - We Have Explosive (Mantronik Plastic Formula #1)
thats is a serious old B boy beat, break and siren sample

this has certainly got soul YouTube - Al Naafiysh (the soul) - Hashim

Another top siren and ripped by all time classics Techno Age YouTube - Ice-T - The Hunted Child