Where did all the classics come from?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Basically it shows that HOUSE is full of samples & stesls, probably more so than hip hop with the italians the worst culprits ( or best appropriators)

Even the originals

Love Cant Turn Around- Isaac hayes I Cant turn around
Jack Your Body - First Choice - Let no man bassline
Sueno Latino - cover of E2 E4

This is a good article on Salsoul samples

Salsoul Samples | DJHistory.com

It's an American thang! steal other countries music & convince the world there responsible for it! {even a sound module} put a new name on it & mention this name in nearly every tune!!! i'am sure it will sink in! might take a short while tho!!! MINDLESS!!!

Yippy!!!

I don't blame the Italians for doing it as there music was Hi Jacked as well as Kraftwerks,Italians made great tunes in the early eighties!!!

Presuming Ed

PKA's temperature rising sampled the openning lyrics from Raw silk's-Do It to the music.

In alot of ways it was a logical progression for the house sound to develop from the US Disco sound, so i guess that's why so many of the salsoul samples were used. In the same way hardcore sampled house/hip hop (in alot of cases) and now house classics have been remixed in a current style

geeselad

May 25, 2007
I heard that Belfast- orbitla, is based on Simple minds Belfast child, but not being a massive 'minds' fan I'm not certain, can anyone confirm?

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
1991 - 1993 Belgium UK Hardcore Techno/Jungle sampling was took in a different direction for peeps who love STUDIO WIZARDY! it's a buzz in it's own right!!! it was never about plain Jane stealing sampling it always relied on studio wizardy skills,it was about the producer showing his skills in the studio like the way a scratch DJ freestyles on the 1's & 2's for people who buzz of sounds NATURALLY treated in the wildest ways taking sounds even further that have never been reached before! all about experimenting! SCIENCE!!! & you hear it all in modern music to this day it changed everything!!!

Plus it was non commercial music it was UNDERGROUND!!! It felt like the early eighties again!!! All the shops are CLOSED!!!

Were talking purely about basslines! people riffs! etc for the main part of there tunes!!!

PS:This is one of the reasons why The Beatles are the best band ever! they use to do all this in the sixties & people were amazed by it! & how great they are at making music itself as they understood it all!!!

It's why Brits make the best music in the world Brits are always pushing forwards with music!!!

Last edited:

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Also sounds like it was influenced by

Liason D - FJP and quite a lot of tracks byDAF, but I'd love to check the superstar track out- Ian Gillian on vocals to the orig soundtrack.

I think Liason was influenced by KLF, Liason certainly did a mix of WTIL anyway.

Teddy P - YouTube - Teddy Pendergrass - You Can't Hide From Yourself (1977)
and
Charles Earland - YouTube - Charles Earland - Intergalactic Love Song
=
DOC - YouTube - The D.O.C.- Portrait Of A Masterpiece (rmx) (1989)