What was the first ever viynl you purchased....and

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
do you still like it ??? (not your first dance tune....but the first vinyl)

This is mine
Swords_Of_A_Thousand_Men_The_Very_Best_Of_Tenpole_Tudor_Tenpole_Tudor__5850575.jpg

Temple Tudor - Swords of a thousand men

And yes, i still love it. The lead singer is the guy that took over the crystal maze when Richard O'brian left

Come on then !!!!.....lets ave them :D

Tony Ross

Jan 9, 2007
do you still like it ??? (not your first dance tune....but the first vinyl)

This is mine
Swords_Of_A_Thousand_Men_The_Very_Best_Of_Tenpole_Tudor_Tenpole_Tudor__5850575.jpg

Temple Tudor - Swords of a thousand men

And yes, i still love it. The lead singer is the guy that took over the crystal maze when Richard O'brian left

Come on then !!!!.....lets ave them :D

mine was brotherhood of man "save all your kisses
i bought it for me mums birthday when i was about 10

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
hmm, 1st owned was Sugar Sufar by the Archies but methinks that was a tad befor my time, so must've commandeered it from my mum, along with her ABBA albums I claimed as my own :D

actually purchased..? I'm thinking: either Gambler by Madonna or Debarge - Rhythm of the night

and do I still like them? Hell yeah :D especially to the latter one :love: still has me a-shimmying round the room in an imaginary coconut-shell bra and grass skirt with a pina colada in my hand :rofl:

"come join the fun this aint no time to be staying home....ooh theres too much going on..... tonight is gonna be a night like you've never known...we're gonna have a good time the whole night long"

mint :D :cool:

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
I got my decks in 2005 and the first tune i bought was Katherine E - I'm Alright, I still love it and play it all the time. I think its probably the best Italian piano tune around and its a piece of piss to mix!

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
pet shop boys 'disco' and whistle 'just buggin' :)cool: i still love it) was also into Terence Trent D'Arby round that time too:$

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
the 1st i ever got was rod stewarts greatest hits which was a pressie for my birthday (10th i think) along with a battery operated record player:cool: i could play out in the back street just like kool herc, but i didn't need to plug into a street light:D trouble is no 1 ever turned up at my rod stewart street jams:confused: for some strange reason.

1st tune i bought with my own pennies was 7" alcapone by prince buster:cool: and yes i still love it. and rod stewart:D :$

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
I honestly can't remember too well..may have been Ray parker jnr-Ghostbusters on 7"..i can certainly remember playing it over and over..If i heard it on the radio (unlikely i know) I still probably sing along to it. Ed

Ditto but on 12" :)

I had been buying tapes before vinyl. My first was a collection of "The Animals" from Boots. Still got it :thumbsup:

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Am i the only one whos first 12" was house?

The first CD single i bought was either Babylon Zoo - Spaceman or Status Quo ft. Manchester United - Come On You Reds :$

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
1st record I ever had (bought for me) was 7" Father Abraham & The Smurfs - Magic Flute Smurf :cool:

Still got that :D

First one I bought, I think was Blondie 12" Rapture, as I remember being confused at why an 'album' as I called it sounded on the wrong speed at 33, when it should have been played at 45 - d'oh :$