What do you do in work when you have no work to do?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
In my job I have to rely and wait for a lot of directors etc to get in touch with me by phone or email, so there are days when I cant do any work! :D which is great in theory, but recently I have been resorting to buying things on ebay and ASOS and I have to stop lol! :$

Its been handy on some days as Ive had lots of wedding stuff to sort out, but now that is pretty much sorted :) I also email people, but with my bloody yahoo not letting me reply to people at the mo :mad: its really frustrating :S

So I was just wondering what you lot do when you physically have no work to do? :)

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
my job sounds pretty much like yours sweet, so when im not doin the work thing i just use the facilities given like use the net go on here most of the time, just got sum speakers wired up to pc so looking for music to d/l whilst the osa radios not on, take a sneaky peak at wats on offer on the bay and also look for tunes for mi better half. I also make good use of the free drinks and nibbles what we have in the canteen stuff such as cereal/bread/tea/coffee etc oh i use the phone quite alot to ring mates (saves my calling credit lol)

and who says work has to be hard!

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
;) i use and abuse the facilities as and when the feeling takes me!!

tinternet, phone, read magazines, osa, play games.............then when i have done them in probably that order, i set about doing as little work as i possibly can;)

hey, they dont pay me what im worth so there:he she:

I used to but now i dont think ill be able to manage due to the thought of us potentially being in tandem....Cheers for ruining the only pleasure left in life m8:mad: :D

Ewwww :S

Tell you what...

I'll have odd numbered hours & you have evens :) If there's any danger that my vinegar strokes will coincide with your thrapping I'll send an urgent PM :D

Well being a Printer we never really run out of work.

But when it happens we clean the printer down :mad:

And belive me it takes a while to clean a 8 colour printer :cry:

Attachments

• pike Picture 031.jpg
    pike Picture 031.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 157

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
I dont know, I never have nothing to do at work :|
Was thinking earlier actually after a horrendous week...I know works not exactly meant to be a bed of roses but surely its not meant to this stressful / high pressure ? :eek:
Severeal times this week ive been close to screaming or crying or both, lol, just due to sheer volume of work, ridiculous deadlines and staff shortages. Its not gone unnoticed either , lol - My manager even cancelled a day off for a business trip on Wednesday as , and I quote from her explaining her reasons to the boss why.... "because I think if I dont come in and help then TC is going to end up in a mental hospital this week" :S
(ha ha on them... little do they know I'm sectioned anyway and merely go to work for them as part of my integrate back into the community programme...whibble whibble) :axe: :crazy:

(that last part was a joke btw, in case anyone thinks im actually mad enough for it possibly to be true) :ba: :naughty: :p

I dont know what i'd do, couldnt really skive / arse about in the traditional sense of making personal phonecalls or surf t'interweb anyway so guess i'd take the so-called saddo option of finding some work to do :thumbsup: :$

Given the choice, I'd rather be busy though tbh, and at least it makes the day / week go faster :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
anyone who knows me knows i can sleep for england, so thats what i do unless im on here :thumbsup:

got a written warning once for falling asleep on the toilet for over two hours, they searched the whole fuckin factory looking for me lol :D

my boss wasnt impressed, he thought id had an accident :$

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
my boss wasnt impressed, he thought id had an accident :$

lol, could have used that as your excuse... "Boss, I DID have an accident...and one of such ghastly proportions and severity it took me 2 hours to clean it all up in there. Mustve been the dodgy kebabs from the canteen " ;) :rofl:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
lol, could have used that as your excuse... "Boss, I DID have an accident...and one of such ghastly proportions and severity it took me 2 hours to clean it all up in there. Mustve been the dodgy kebabs from the canteen " ;) :rofl:

lol, yes should of said that....

seriously though the fact i had no feelin in one of my legs and was walkin like quasimodo and a big red hand print on my face where id been leaning kinda give it away lol:D

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
lol, yes should of said that....

seriously though the fact i had no feelin in one of my legs and was walkin like quasimodo and a big red hand print on my face where id been leaning kinda give it away lol:D

lol, better than a handprint on your arse I suppose , he'd REALLY wonder what you'd been doing in there then, and with who :D

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
much to my dissapointment.......there is never 'nothing' to do at new look.

No customers? Tidy the shop
Shop tidy? Unpack some stock
All unpacked? dust things
All dusted? Turn all the hangers one way in the hanger bins

thats done? 'you're obviously lying, go and find something to to'.

:| :| :| :| :|