Nov 3, 2021
My most weird and wonderful vinyl record has got to be
Clear blue " Technarchy" by cybersonic....that's the wonderful part
The weird part is it plays from the centre out

Who's next?

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Ive got Reese – Inside Out on red vinyl that plays from ctr on both sides...

I also have another track were if your tone arm isnt weighted down propperly it chucks the needle off I think its something to do with vibration, cant think what track it is now, from late 91 or 92.
Its quite a hard track, the grooves look quite odd on vinyl, im not sure if it states in on the record about being weighted..

Reactions: Ruffenuff

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Sound like the records warped a bit....I remember the days where we would put a penny on the head so the needle didn't jump when scratching .

I had a LP called break, beats and bleeps...by Simon Harris....last section was pure scratching sounds eg freeesh.

I must have worn it out y the time I sold it..you could really see the wear o_O

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Sound like the records warped a bit....I remember the days where we would put a penny on the head so the needle didn't jump when scratching .

I had a LP called break, beats and bleeps...by Simon Harris....last section was pure scratching sounds eg freeesh.

I must have worn it out y the time I sold it..you could really see the wear o_O
Its not warped mate, like I say im sure it states on the record about it being weighted to play, before id brought my decks my mate lent me a crappy stacker thing with a turntable on top, so I could log all my tracks and that one track it would not play on that track, but the other side was fine.

Its gonna bug the shit out of me now what track it is.

I remember that Simon Harris stuff my mate used to buy um, I always thought it was odd because he didnt have decks, he just had some little belt drive stack, and would mess about scratching on it, with a homemade slip mat :LOL: and yes he had a stack of copper coins on it.

• Haha

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
What did he use for a homemade slip mat......a pair of pants? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
He brought some felt off the market and cut a circle out by drawing round a 12 inch...

He went on to be quite a good Dj tbh, I had him play a few times in his early days at stuff me and my mate put on, he was then booked by Micky B for a few bits, I think it was called time tunnel, would have to check the flyers to be sure.

After we lost touch, I think he did some sets for a UNI radio and bits n bobs, early hours stuff, not sure which one.

It must of been around 2010 I got bk in touch with him via someone, I brought his whole collection off him for 120 notes, it filled the back of my bingo van....

I said to him at the time, ffs mate you could make some off this lot, a real mixture of stuff, his words were I know mate, but I cant be arsed to list um, id rather you have um and keep um and I know you wont sell um on... I did end up buying some of my on tracks back that I had lent him though....

Strange though none of the Simon Harris stuff was there:unsure: he probs still got it

• Haha

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Another weird record I got is a soul tune ....side b is blank...blank as in one loooooong note goes on for 5mins
Boooooooooooooooooòoooo the whole way
Wickedly scratching, it don't matter if the needle jumps....its just makes the same noise.

Now one of my old school mates has a choon...oochy coochy by baby Ford ( acid house) ...side B is ungrooved...but it's got spiral writing melted in
Can't remember what it said coz I used to be off my face a lot.. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Ive got a couple of single sided ones just pure blank, caught me out a few times they have..
Ive also got one that have pictures etced into the blank side, cant even remember what track it is now.

TBH I really need to get all mine back into order, they all got mixed up when I repainted the room, I took them all out and left them in order in another room,
but the mrs put them back into the unit when I was out at work, so they are all mixed up...

She also did the same with my tape collection, I had everything in order has in yr, orig tape boot tapes etc and also what I had not ripped..

That will be a job for when the inlaws come over crimbo I reckon :LOL:

• Haha

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Ive got a couple of single sided ones just pure blank, caught me out a few times they have..
Ive also got one that have pictures etced into the blank side, cant even remember what track it is now.

You know what I'm pretty sure I've gotafew like that too...all the same label records...ill find out next year when I bring my tunes down from the loft

Reactions: chinatownswhite

Albertryder

Jul 10, 2019

Who's next?
My weirdest record is probably a hardcore track that is sample mad and has a very un PC title and tbh I don’t know why I bought it other than the novelty factor cos doubt I could ever play it anywhere lol. Other than that ... 🤔 ... yeah I have an anamolous record that refuses to play. The needle just slides over it. Not entirely sure what that’s about. It has grooves 😆

oh - shrill - twinker. Cool sort of acid breakbeat record but on one side a track called drumbomb 909 that is a minute long sort of snarey rolling drum 🥁 sound which is pretty awesome

Last edited:

Albertryder

Jul 10, 2019
My weirdest record is probably a hardcore track that is sample mad and has a very un PC title and tbh I don’t know why I bought it other than the novelty factor cos doubt I could ever play it anywhere lol. Other than that ... 🤔 ... yeah I have an anamolous record that refuses to play. The needle just slides over it. Not entirely sure what that’s about. It has grooves 😆

Who's next?
... what else ... 💭 think 🤔 ... ...

Occasionally go off down the rabbit hole and get sound effect stuff - got some war sounds in Spanish - planes, tanks ... that sort of thing. I think I’m aspiring towards making mixes vis a vis early Scott Hardkiss 😆

Got a terrible early disco citizens 12” mispress that has some crappy soul tunes on the other side. That was confusing at the time... probably fairly common accidents though ... can’t say I’ve ever pushed the boat out that much probably relative to a lot of recordheads

ooh ‘funk and drive’ has just come on - luv that tune.

Last edited:

Albertryder

Jul 10, 2019

Who's next?
Mind you ... weird as in whatever the f@ck possessed me to buy that crap?! 😆 I have a few poly bags of the dispossessed sitting in a cupboard

• Haha

Albertryder

Jul 10, 2019
Yeah I have quite a few single sided 12”s - fairly common no?... not a fan of those 10” house singles - have a few of them. Even worse if coloured vinyl. Is it just me or is coloured vinyl a nuisance for cueing up - can’t see what I’m doing. don’t think they sound as good. Worse still got a Lane8 album - don’t laugh - and both 12”s are white... agh. Awful. Who wants a white record?! 😤 Very weird!!

(Sorry - monopolising the thread)

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
... what else ... 💭 think 🤔 ... ...

Occasionally go off down the rabbit hole and get sound effect stuff - got some war sounds in Spanish - planes, tanks ... that sort of thing. I think I’m aspiring towards making mixes vis a vis early Scott Hardkiss 😆

Got a terrible early disco citizens 12” mispress that has some crappy soul tunes on the other side. That was confusing at the time... probably fairly common accidents though ... can’t say I’ve ever pushed the boat out that much probably relative to a lot of recordheads

ooh ‘funk and drive’ has just come on - luv that tune.

Does a Spanish tank and plane make a difference noise to a British one?.....does shout "olay" when the guns are fired :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: or sumfink

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Another weird record I got is a soul tune ....side b is blank...blank as in one loooooong note goes on for 5mins
Boooooooooooooooooòoooo the whole way
Wickedly scratching, it don't matter if the needle jumps....its just makes the same noise.
:ROFLMAO:
I have one of those- Try to make a tune out of the continuous note by using just the deck's pitch control and the 33/45 buttons. Think that's its purpose.