Watch it, share it...be aware.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
The Danish police are known to be pretty damn brutal, well before this summit.

I don't think the media are turning a blind eye though - this was the top story on C4 the other night.

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
European police scum of the earth. Seen it at European away football matches 1st hand and FIFA wonder why fans retaliate. If some twat is hitting me with a weapon don't give two fucks who it is, human nature is to retaliate.

These cops in this video especially once it hits the 3min mark are totally out of order skelping that poor girl with her back turned to them trying to get away, spaying CS gas in their faces. :mad:

Myk

The Danish police are known to be pretty damn brutal, well before this summit.

I don't think the media are turning a blind eye though - this was the top story on C4 the other night.

It should have been and still be a top story from all sources, but of course it isn't.
Seriously if this had happened only 20 years ago it would have caused a public outcry but not any more.
This is not something isolated or exclusive to Denmark, this kind of thing is happening more and more all over the world. The establishment are becoming out and out tyrants and taking all our civil rights away in the process.
It is no doubt going to get a lot worse a lot sooner than people think.

European police scum of the earth. Seen it at European away football matches 1st hand and FIFA wonder why fans retaliate. If some twat is hitting me with a weapon don't give two fucks who it is, human nature is to retaliate.

These cops in this video especially once it hits the 3min mark are totally out of order skelping that poor girl with her back turned to them trying to get away, spaying CS gas in their faces. :mad:

Are the ones in the US not as bad then?

I agree it is awful. But I think it must be difficult to control people en masse. It's the school of thought where "if we show how tough we are when they do nothing wrong they'll understand how powerful we are". I do not condone this on any level. But where is the line on what is peaceful protest. If they just did what the police said (and fucked off) it would hardly be called a protest, but at the same time-you don't want to be violently protesting either. Protest is always going to have to be a little raucus to be heard I think. A little blood may go a long way.

You think it's bad in Europe...there was a peaceful protest in china about human rights. Some bloke was mowed down by an army tank (they use the army for crowd controll in china, forget the police) In the news, the Chinese media claimed he was "killed in a car crash" :|

Last edited:
It should have been and still be a top story from all sources, but of course it isn't.
Seriously if this had happened only 20 years ago it would have caused a public outcry but not any more.
This is not something isolated or exclusive to Denmark, this kind of thing is happening more and more all over the world. The establishment are becoming out and out tyrants and taking all our civil rights away in the process.
It is no doubt going to get a lot worse a lot sooner than people think.

I agree that the establishment can be twats-maybe we would if we had to do their job. I really believe it takes a certain 'type' of person to want power, and they're usually the ones who shouldn't...but no one else w3ants it that bad. I dissagree however, that this is a new thing. We're always controlled-but how we react is just a conditioning by the media...Im only young (25) so my memory of what was 20 years ago is limited-but I do know that people are swayed very much by what information they are spoon fed. We don't decide what we're pissed off at-the media does. we're like sheep-it's just nature. We don't question enough, we wouldn't know where to start as a single person if we did-so better off to go with the majority-u generally get more things heard.(Wether they are acted upon is a different matter)

Maybe I am wrong, and the world is getting worse-but haven't people always said that (it wasn't like that in my day). Crime is always the same, bar a few fluctuations; the same amount of people get murdered, raped and killed in conflict...it never ends. Its the same shit over and over-it's just a different day.

I will share thevid tho-it is important people 'know' :D

wow-that was soooo pessimistic! Im not pessimistic, I think the world is wonderful-but I am no ones fool when it comes to the shit maaaaan :mexican:

Gav

Feb 6, 2004
London
did actually feel pretty sick watching that....

unfortunately you put anyone in a uniform with a degree of authority it is amazing how that can go to your head.

You should watch the German film Das Experiment, based on a true event in Germany, very interesting really....its just the human condition but thats no excuse

Das Experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

unfortunately you put anyone in a uniform with a degree of authority it is amazing how that can go to your head.

This is sooo true-there is loads of psychological experiments done in America post war...

This being the most famous....it sounds similar to that one Gav... The Stanford Prison Experiment: A Simulation Study of the Psychology of Imprisonment

"What happens when you put good people in an evil place? Does humanity win over evil, or does evil triumph? These are some of the questions we posed in this dramatic simulation of prison life conducted in the summer of 1971 at Stanford University."

people are stupid...lol

Myk

I agree that the establishment can be twats-maybe we would if we had to do their job. I really believe it takes a certain 'type' of person to want power, and they're usually the ones who shouldn't...but no one else w3ants it that bad. I dissagree however, that this is a new thing. We're always controlled-but how we react is just a conditioning by the media...Im only young (25) so my memory of what was 20 years ago is limited-but I do know that people are swayed very much by what information they are spoon fed. We don't decide what we're pissed off at-the media does. we're like sheep-it's just nature. We don't question enough, we wouldn't know where to start as a single person if we did-so better off to go with the majority-u generally get more things heard.(Wether they are acted upon is a different matter)

Maybe I am wrong, and the world is getting worse-but haven't people always said that (it wasn't like that in my day). Crime is always the same, bar a few fluctuations; the same amount of people get murdered, raped and killed in conflict...it never ends. Its the same shit over and over-it's just a different day.

I will share thevid tho-it is important people 'know' :D

wow-that was soooo pessimistic! Im not pessimistic, I think the world is wonderful-but I am no ones fool when it comes to the shit maaaaan :mexican:

But the world is getting worse Lozzie...

Crime today is more frequent and more violent. News sources are no longer independent. Close to 10 million children die every year in Africa alone. I won't even go into the adult population death rate let alone on a global scale. Stress is now the number one reason for medical consultation in Europe and probably the leading cause for a multitude of other illnesses.
20 years ago the old men and women used to say "when I was a lad/lass time were really hard you don't even know you are born" so it is not as though you said, people don't instinctively assume things are getting worse but right now they are getting worse lots worse and very quickly.
When the money pool dries up (and it will) and the rich can no longer take resources (also drying up) from poorer countries, it won't be long before they will turn on you and yours. Only by then it will be completely illegal to complain or protest about it.

Seriously, your life might be wonderful but the world most certainly is not. On a balance there is FAR more poverty, hunger, sickness and war in the world than there is freedom, happiness and plenitude.

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
And if those 10 million per annum who die live to adulthood?

in the West we cheat nature with medical advances, health and safety legislation, better nutrition etc etc etc and the World cant cope with the overpopulation.
Medicine keeps the geneticly week alive, even allows the infertile to breed..
Elf n Safedee keeps the stupid alive were before they would have fell under a bus or electrocuted or drank petrol or lea betts themselfs to death.
Better nutrition means each generation is getting unaturally taller, more body mass needs more calorific intake...

We made the rod for our own backs, lets go back to being cavemen!

Stress is now the number one reason for medical consultation in Europe and probably the leading cause for a multitude of other illnesses.

I had an argument with my mum about domestic violance. She claimed that it was getting worse now. But the fact is-records are really only becoming truthful now-ie-records weren't kept properly, because people weren't coming foreward in the past. Nothing has changed appart from the data. It is the same for stress, this is why statistics that tell you these things are flawed-they don't take into account all the people (now and in the past) who can't afford to come foreward, wont because of social stigma, and in the past-it wouldn't have been recognised as important, like it is more so now.

Seriously, your life might be wonderful but the world most certainly is not. On a balance there is FAR more poverty, hunger, sickness and war in the world than there is freedom, happiness and plenitude.

Seriously dude, like I said, Im no ones fool, when it comes to seeing the world for what it is. But to have survived as long as we have-there has to be more good than bad, or we would have perrished right? It isn't fair-but the world is what it is, and until people choose to have two children at the most each per couple and work for free in exchange for what you need and no more-it's not going to change.
I do agree though, that it is a delicate ballance. Like U31 said-we're rodding our own backs. There really is only so much space-we are living longer (i do think this is natural though-whatever is on this planet-even things we produce is natural-we just like to think we're seperate from everything else) Did you ever go to a 'museum-y' type place where they have little mill workers cottages, and their beds and doorways are tiny-coz they were...and lived ill they were 49 max or sommat...it's been a constant thing for a while. they say the averagelife span goes up 2 years evry 10...apparently there are people who are born now-who might have an average life span of 120!!!!

Mother nature is a cruel mistress-but shes damn cleaver, whatever ever ever has and will of happened-she has an answer-even if that calls for our demise, on a large or small scale. Its all about what is best for all-not just the indevidual.

Still though Myk, you are right-people should always be aware of shiz like thiz, assuming it'll be alright is the mother of all 'it not being alright'-so thanks for the video anyway :)

Last edited:

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
YouTube - Copenhagen Climate Summit 2009 - Police Brutality

The shit just keeps getting worse and the media just keep turning a blind eye to it. Don't allow this to become another Third Reich. Be aware and share the knowledge.

-Myk-

Shit, how long have you been back on here? Mind you, you could say the same about me too lol Hello anyway!

Saw a bit of this on the news the other day, but obviously it was a slightly edited version...hmmmm

What I haven't heard (either because I haven't been paying full attention or it hasn't been mentioned) is what the Danish authorities plan to do about it, or are they backing the untoward coppers 100%. Are any of the protesters pressing charges or suing? Would be interesting to know!

What I haven't heard (either because I haven't been paying full attention or it hasn't been mentioned) is what the Danish authorities plan to do about it, or are they backing the untoward coppers 100%. Are any of the protesters pressing charges or suing? Would be interesting to know!

yeah dude, the news only ever tells you half of what happens...lol..I'd like to know too...x