Top Expensive Vinyl records In Your Collection, Here is My Top 3...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
Just been looking through my vinyl and thought i wonder what my most expensive vinyl records are ?
Upto now this is my Top 3 Vinyl Tunes etc.

1. Sasha & Digweed 'Northern Exposure' 4 x Vinyl Lp 1996 - Cheapest today on Discogs - £300.00.
2. The History of The House Sound Of Chicago - 15 LP Vinyl Boxset 1988 - No Vinyl Boxsets on Discogs So Estimated Guess - £125- £150.
3. The Klf - 'Chill Out' original pressing 1990 - Around £100.

None of the above are for sale by the way, Just for fun.
NorthernExposure.jpg

Attachments

• R-57624-1326980693.jpeg.jpg
    R-57624-1326980693.jpeg.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 111653461375.jpg
    111653461375.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I have The History of The House Sound Of Chicago, the box isnt in great nick, but the vinyl /inner sleeves / and booklet are near mint.
The only thing is that the sound on these is very low... But still I nice set to own.

Just did a quick cogs search

Reactions: Shaboo

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
bloody hell I have both those 2 at the top of your list didnt think they would be worth that much even at the lower price I also have a disco magic one that start about 77 notes.... All of which I got in that bundle for 120quid
That is soundin more & more like bargain of the century mate lol

That top 1 Johnny is average at best i'd say, i reckon i get about 2-3 messages a week asking to sell it, apparently, some italian DJ played it recently and prices went mad once it got id'd.

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
That is soundin more & more like bargain of the century mate lol

That top 1 Johnny is average at best i'd say, i reckon i get about 2-3 messages a week asking to sell it, apparently, some italian DJ played it recently and prices went mad once it got id'd.
Rob I also have quite a few 92 hardcore wlbs which are high, I think one of um is a pilgrim track, not my bag tbh, also a few on the ibiza lbl, it was deffo a bargin, I did tell my mate jesus dude you could sell these on cogs n make a few, he said no, cant be arsed with that, just need the space, people did offer more than me, be he said he would rather let me have um for that, just dont sell um on which I never will....Im not sure about his grans julie andrews album though:rolleyes: I even got a clash ablum with a massive poster in it which I thinks worth a few quid.

At the end of the day its only worth what ya get imo, but wont part with any of um

If ya see Jim aka Wrighty in pinks chat he will tell ya what a bargin I got

Last edited:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
this is the record I get messaged about all the time asking to sell it, I found it in a charity shop
Annoying AF innit, i get messages nearly on a daily basis about 4 records for years man, i should just cash in on em tbh as 3 of em are shit lol

And never heard that before, nice tune Scott....wanna sell it? lol

Reactions: brady

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
Rob I also have quite a few 92 hardcore wlbs which are high, I think one of um is a pilgrim track, not my bag tbh, also a few on the ibiza lbl, it was deffo a bargin, I did tell my mate jesus dude you could sell these on cogs n make a few, he said no, cant be arsed with that, just need the space, people did offer more than me, be he said he would rather let me have um for that, just dont sell um on which I never will....Im not sure about his grans julie andrews album though:rolleyes: I even got a clash ablum with a massive poster in it which I thinks worth a few quid.

At the end of the day its only worth what ya get imo, but wont part with any of um

If ya see Jim aka Wrighty in pinks chat he will tell ya what a bargin I got
All goes in the collection Johnny, only worth what someone is willing to pay as ya say.

Reactions: chinatownswhite

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Annoying AF innit, i get messages nearly on a daily basis about 4 records for years man, i should just cash in on em tbh as 3 of em are shit lol

And never heard that before, nice tune Scott....wanna sell it? lol
I have the white label of that (mine has no stamp) only ever heard me play it.

didn’t know it was sought after, always nice to hear :)

Burien

Aug 16, 2018
Germany
Reactions: billyrave

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
The most expensive one that I own i

Neuromancer – Pennywise Cost well over 100 Euro but my mate bought me it for helping him out.​

Highest I've ever actually paid myself is

Blue Alphabet - Cybertrance cost me $50 but it was Mint sealed and a tune I can listen to over and over. My comfortable limit is about $20 but have gone over that many times but always feel like no record is worth that much money. Some on my want list and they are like $350, I would even pay that if I won the lottery.

Serato and DVS is one of the greatest things ever made to solve that problem. But nothing like searching for 30 mintues through 1000's of records t find that 1 tune :)

Reactions: billyrave