to sell or not to sell

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
If you don't go on your decks, sell your decks. They are replaceable. I don't know how many records you've got, but imagine if your house burned down and you had to replace them. Alright, it would be easier today with discogs and gemm than it was even ten years ago, but a mate of mine recently told me that he wants to sell his, cos he wants to learn to snowboard. I told him to think twice cos he was potentially selling his kids inheritance.

If you sell them, you sell part of your soul....

If he takes up snowboarding he'll be on a slippery slope...

That's because it's very addictive and costs a fortune...besides the obvious pun:p :D

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
lol wayne not picking at you. but ive messed around with vj, and that beat match is a waste of time :crazy: it works now and then at best, but i have heard lots of people say that these programs are cheating, well isn't pitch control :confused: and gain buttons where do you draw the line. if anything i guess the digital crew can say vynil is too limiting, not a rant just an observation.

Sorry for the rant lol I am not an mp3 hater as I have 2 decks I just felt that the beat match and the perfect mix bit all but made the effort pointless ie no skill

I do have to say it is a very good piece of kit that vj

dj kippax

VIP Silver Member
May 25, 2008
Shady Town Of Burnley
djkippax.com
Consider selling your decks and mixer and get yourself a good quality hi-fi turntable cart and stylus, and a good phono pre-amp and breathe new life into all that old vinyl of yours.
This is what i did a while back and i love it. Im now listening to my vinyl and hearing all sort of stuff in tunes ive owned for years. Its really nice just sitting down and listening to old tracks in really high sound quality instead of having to dj with it all the time. Ive even had mates round for listening sessions and stuff.
Its definately worth considering.

You've already got a good start with owning a Technics. You just need to upgrade a few things on it to make into a half decent hi-fi deck.

If you want advice on this just ask i'll be happy to share what ive leant and what i use.

Electalian

Oct 11, 2008
There is yay and nay's on both sides of this one but personally Id keep them. Think about the hours of searching and time you put into building your collection aswell as the £££££ you invested. Am sure each tune has a tale behind it, if the space or money isnt an issue maybe its part of your heritage you could pass on to future generations be it family etc. Tuff call mate.

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Heritage? Passing on to the kids?
All the more reason for selling!

We have worked for everything we own and i'm fookered if the kids are getting owt of value when we cork it!
They can make their own way in life once they leave this front door just like we did, that way they will respect what they own.

Turn it in to cash and get it spent on pure hedonism before the chance passes you by.