The Sun: 40 Greatest Headlines

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
As a mark of its 40th birthday The Sun *cough* newspaper is publishing its 40 greatest headlines.... let's all laugh heartily and fondly recall those fun headlines that those jolly japesters created all in the name of "journalism".

How about "THE TRUTH" from the weekend of 15th April 1989 then?
"Some fans picked pockets of victims"
"Some fans urinated on the brave cops"
"Some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life"

...and countless other reporting "errors" and blatant lies in the name of selling newspapers over the last 40 years?

Pond life masquerading as journalists, the lot of 'em. :mad:

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
"Gotcha" makes my fucking blood boil.

the_sun_gotcha.png

Last edited:
As a mark of its 40th birthday The Sun *cough* newspaper is publishing its 40 greatest headlines.... let's all laugh heartily and fondly recall those fun headlines that those jolly japesters created all in the name of "journalism".

...and countless other reporting "errors" and blatant lies in the name of selling newspapers over the last 40 years?

aye scum paper , also cant believe ALAN SHEARER + IAN WRIGHT on the TV adds:naughty:

both footballers , both players at that time who know about the ill feeling in the game towards the false reports from the Sun, , pair of money grabbing cnuts have gone rite down in my book , :naughty:

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London

Fucking lying scum. I won't even pick one up in a waiting room or a greasy spoon. Murdoch and Mackenzie, totally deplorable.

Do you think when they study their journalism degrees, they actually want to write for the sun? I suppose it boils down to money at the end of the day.

People read the sun like it's gospel (not all-but most). It's all scandal, even the ad's in it are shite. I hate it.

All papers piss me off though. I hate being patronised, and papers patronise me in the way that they're all biassed in one way or another and report like its the truth. What paper can you read where it's unbiassed??? I know story choice could be counted as bias, but at least you could be honest about it. I hate the daily mail too with it's holier than thou soap box mantra...my mum reads it-and i take the piss out of her for it. :D

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Loz, During the Cold War there was a saying among the Soviet Proletariat:
"The West are at a disadvantage, they believe their media."

Another good tip, taught to me by a sports teacher at school, of all people, is to remove all the emotive statements out of any given piece, and see what substance is left....

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
One that is written by robots, who have no perspective to give. :)

Indeed. An editorial slant is what provokes opinion. The Scum (if I read it and do not as it is a disgrace) and Daily Mail for example, may put forward many views I disagree with. . .but at least I do disagree and have some form of opinion of my own.

A completely unbiased editorial would be factual, but not offer much in the way of debate.

Always hated The Scum as it is dumb as feck and offers me nothing I want. I would never touch it with a barge pole after what it wrote after Hillsborough. Shame on Shearer and that muppet Wright.:naughty:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
What exactly was the deal with the Hillsborough story? I know they printed a load of bad shit like, but I don't much about why. Can anyone fill me in?

Did the journalists just make shit up, or did they just print what they had been told without checking first? :confused:

bren

Oct 10, 2007
What exactly was the deal with the Hillsborough story? I know they printed a load of bad shit like, but I don't much about why. Can anyone fill me in?

Did the journalists just make shit up, or did they just print what they had been told without checking first? :confused:

right the scum bag kelvin mackenzie who wrote it and the scum paper printed they robbed the dead pissed on then attacked the police and ambulance men and docs just utted lies and bolloks i would never by that paper till the day i die it a scum paper :mad: :mad: :mad:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Yeah, I know what they printed, I just don't know the reasons for them printing it. Has that ever even been disclosed?

Like I said above did they simply make shit up or or were they printing lies that people had told them without bothering to check if they were true?

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Yeah, I know what they printed, I just don't know the reasons for them printing it. Has that ever even been disclosed?

Like I said above did they simply make shit up or or were they printing lies that people had told them without bothering to check if they were true?

they listened to the authorities who desperately tried to cover up a pretty shit job done on the day :naughty: and still are imho :mad: and added to it by being the SUN arghhh!!!