The streets

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Just listening to their new 'effort' on the radio. What an absolute pile of tripe, sounds like it was knocked up in 10 minutes... Can't believe I've seen the words genius and innovative used to describe this guy's music :mad: :mad: :mad: Rant over!!

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Not impressed by his new stuff myself. Have to say it took me ages to get into his earlier stuff tho, so given time it may grow on me. "Weak Become Heroes" is pretty genius like IMO, awesome record. phones: phones:

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
lastnightadj said:
anyone (WP) checked out the new Cassette Boy & DJ Rubbish album for a top homage to The Streets :spin:

Don't Mug Yerself :thumbsup:

Nope, Cassette Boy's wicked tho, I'll look out for it. :thumbsup:

I take it I'm looking for the album "Inside A Whale's Cock"? It's got something on there called "The Roads", seems too much of a conicidence for it not to be that.

ebay guru

Feb 7, 2004
999 letsbe avenue
hate him hate him

Mike said:
Just listening to their new 'effort' on the radio. What an absolute pile of tripe, sounds like it was knocked up in 10 minutes... Can't believe I've seen the words genius and innovative used to describe this guy's music :mad: :mad: :mad: Rant over!!

hes just soo annoing and shite. The new tune is about a 'fit bird' sod off!!!!! they played it on the radio and the presenter said how much does this sound like parklife. I reckon he'll get done for it

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Not my cup of tea either (you'd have to put lots of shrooms in my tea before I'd drink this, heh)

Just grates me everytime I hear his voice, ugh.

Wolfy

Feb 17, 2003
London Taan
Have posted this before but LSK - Outlaw were around before The Streets and are much much better imo.

Best track on the album is 'The Takeover' where he has a go at Pete Tong, Radio 1, The Streets etc etc.

Some kwality lines in this too. Funny as. :D

'The sort of geezah that needs a magazine to know how to dress'

'20 Lambert & desperate please' :mad:

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
They are so......boring. They try to make unique stuff but they didn't get it. 'Has it come to this' is one of the worsest tunes I've ever heard.

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
tilt said:
'Has it come to this' is one of the worsest tunes I've ever heard.

I'm no streets fan by a long chalk - but i remember this tune all over the piarates about 12-18 months before it charted and it was a breath of fresh air...

ooops - I forgot no one here likes garage ;)

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
lastnightadj said:
i tink that is the one phones:

Found it. :thumbsup:

I'm only half way through so far, but so far so good, that northerner singing the Jennie from the Block one is funny as chap.

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
There was good 2-step tunes like:

Wookie -Battle
Monsta Boy -Sorry
True Steppers -Buggin'

Only to name 3 of my favs, but never like The Streets.

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
I like a lot of the 1st album - think its cos its garagey not many northerners are into it. I never hear garage unless I am down in London - its a london thing - Massive!

I quite like the new single so there you go !!!

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
lastnightadj said:
theres posters all over South London advertising Old Skool nights - and everyone of them is referring to UK Garage circa 95-00 :D

I liked a bit of speed gargae lol. What was the one with 99 in the title? Jump Wide, Jump Wide!

I liked Sincere MJ Cole and Loveshy is a cracker! Think it is mainly cos you get good MC's though, sadly missing from House these days!