The first ever record you actually went out & bought?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
I've got plenty more where they came from.

I would just like to state for the "record" that I do NOT own any of the tunes that I have or will be putting up images of earlier on today or tomorrow.

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
I'm not convinced about the proper first thing I bought, but I'm fairly sure it was Too Much Too Young by the Specials, top live 7" EP. I've been reintroduced to the Skids over the last couple of weeks and if it wasn't Specials it could have been Yankee Dollar by The Skids, just can't remember which came first.

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
Just looked at that old thread - I missed it first time round, so sorry I dragged up the Devastatin Dave number.

I've still got quite a few dodgy album sleeves that didn't make in onto that other thread, so I have something to do tomorrow when the boredom sets in, which will be quite early seeing as it will be a Monday.

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
the first record i ever bought was digital orgasm - running out of time i took it straight home and nearly gave my gran a heart attack !!

Caru

Dec 5, 2003
First tape: 2 Unlimited - Get Ready

First 12" - Westbam - Wizards of the Sonic.

First CD album - Dance Zone Level 5

First CD single - Xpansions 95 - Move Your Body

Mojo

Jan 27, 2005
Ricky`s in Leeds
7" - Gary glitter 1977 ish(dunno which one):$
12" - New order - blue monday 1983:thumbsup:
CD - ??????
Album - The police - Outlandos de armour 1979

first dance tune - either `we call it aceeeed` by d mob or `french kiss` by lil louis, i think anyway:S