The film thread

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Stanton

VIP Silver Member
Feb 20, 2013
Doncaster
This is now also the era of the greatest tv shows ever made,with shows like ,The wire,and sopranos,but the greatest show of them all i.m.h.o, has to be ,Breaking bad. It has cinematic qualities and is the most well acted, intricate, sublime piece of television you will ever see.If you have netflix ,you can watch the first 3 seasons,or stream it on ,PROJECT FREE TV, it surpasses anything being churned out at the cinemas!

No shit :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be spamming us would you dude?

Dave88to92

Mar 31, 2013
No shit :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be spamming us would you dude?

Chill out just reccomending how film fans can watch a great show,that beats 99% of cinemas recent offers hands down! wtf with the sarcasm? I do not work for any of these channels,just love quality music,film and only the best tv shows

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Chill out just reccomending how film fans can watch a great show,that beats 99% of cinemas recent offers hands down! wtf with the sarcasm? I do not work for any of these channels,just love quality music,film and only the best tv shows

Hahahahaaa, That was a bit out of order Stanton.... Several Breaking Bad threads on the forum Brethren, Indeed the best television I've seen in a good while, just ahead of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead..

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Finally started to catch up and got around to watching Lo imposible (2012) - IMDb

Superb film that really captures the essence of the area after the devastation of the tsunami and it's a tear jerker pretty all the way through it, but i'm happy to say it lives up to it's name.

Bit of trivia...... Just found out that the main star - Naomi Watts' father was Pink Floyd's road manager too:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Sightseers (2012) - IMDb

I was really looking forward this this. It's an original film and about something that would normally interest me, but for me at least it's over-hyped, or maybe my sense of humour just isn't sick enough to really get and love this.

It starts with 15 minutes of the most depressing footage i've seen anywhere (this is supposed to be a comedy, right?), then thankfully it does start to get better, but it's pretty bleak all the way through and I found most of it hard work.

I started off feeling sorry for the girl as she was trapped by her mother's condition, then I quickly cooled to her and subsequently all of the characters that came into the film later on as I felt indifferent to them throughout, but thankfully it does have a few funny moments in the film and some nice scenery which kept me watching until the end.

I suppose there are some vivid moments that stay with you for a while after the film has ended so it must have had some impact, but I don't think i'll be watching it again anytime soon.

Dave88to92

Mar 31, 2013
Just seemed like a weird first post on a music forum :confused:

Its cool my friend ,i didnt notice that Breaking bad had alread been cained on here,i will be posting on my music tastes on here soon,but my user name holds a few clues lol! Here are a few movies which have floated my boat over the years
Drive
Fear and loathing in las vegas
London to Brighton
Sexy beast
Donnie darko
All tarantino
Dark knight
Glastonbury the movie
City of god
All early scorcese
The raid
The guard
I love my movies as much as my vinyl ecspecially cult classics:)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Just been watching Dazed and Confused (1993) - IMDb

Brilliant film about the last day of school for some live for the moment high school kids in Texas, May 28 1976.

Add in the hefty amounts of weed, alcohol, muscle cars, girls, antics, a great cast and a kick ass rock soundtrack that really sets the mood and it all adds up to an enjoyable film to watch :thumbsup:

Apparently a sixth of the film's budget went on clearing the rights to the soundtrack :cool:
Also Ben Affleck is unrecognisable playing his part in the film. It was only when I watched the credits at the end that I spotted his name :crazy:

Last edited:

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Watched this the other night. Same style as Kick Ass but even sicker lol. Few years old but a great watch if you aint seen it :thumbsup: