the end of the world???

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
So some scientists somewhere are planning on re-creating the big bang sometime somewhere near France tomorrow...only not in space, but underground :|

CERN | LHC First Beam

Some science heads are saying that it is a really silly idea, black holes could be created and this that and the other...One science dood has gone as far as saying it could end the world (we've all heard that one before :rolleyes:)]

It prolly wont end the world, but if it did and you knew about it, what would your last day on Earth be like, who would you want to see, where would you want to be, what and who would you want around you?...You cant say oooh Id be in Mexico with Daniel Craig or Id be a bra of Jordans etc, because its not realistic...by the time you got to Mexico the world would of ended :)

Over to you peeps
:thumbsup:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
On a serious note, they are messing with dangerous shit here.

Probably safe .. . .But probably is not great. Curiosity killed the cat. . . .did it not?

So some scientists somewhere are planning on re-creating the big bang sometime somewhere near France tomorrow...only not in space, but underground :|

CERN | LHC First Beam

Some science heads are saying that it is a really silly idea, black holes could be created and this that and the other...One science dood has gone as far as saying it could end the world (we've all heard that one before :rolleyes:)]

It prolly wont end the world, but if it did and you knew about it, what would your last day on Earth be like, who would you want to see, where would you want to be, what and who would you want around you?...You cant say oooh Id be in Mexico with Daniel Craig or Id be a bra of Jordans etc, because its not realistic...by the time you got to Mexico the world would of ended :)

Over to you peeps
:thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
You beat me to it Betty, lol. I was going to make a post today saying it's been nice knowing you all, just in case it all goes tits up and we get sucked into oblivion! Hahaha!

I know it's not likely to happen, but even if it did, I wouldn't mind and I'd probably even laugh about it. It'd be a much more comedy way to get wiped out than by a load of angry dickheads with nukes. :thumbsup:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Hmmm... that's a real difficult one to answer :confused: I don't know that I can think of one thing that stands out so much that I'd want it to be the last thing I did that would fit into one day.

Am I allowed to say I'd try and hunt down the scientists that were doing it and kill them so they couldn't end the world? :p

I'm prob a bit behind schedule to go with that option now though :(

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Hmmm... that's a real difficult one to answer :confused: I don't know that I can think of one thing that stands out so much that I'd want it to be the last thing I did that would fit into one day.

Am I allowed to say I'd try and hunt down the scientists that were doing it and kill them so they couldn't end the world? :p

I'm prob a bit behind schedule to go with that option now though :(

lol...Seeing as though it you Kate, al let ya have that...Saying that though, you could prolly get to France by then ;)

Its a bit scary tho aint it-lol...I wonder what it would be like, would it be all over in a second? Would it happen that fast that we wouldnt even know? Will our Galaxy just be lost in the vast abysses of space and time, never to be discovered again :eyebrow:

Even though its a scary thought that the world will end, Im well excited (so long as it all goes well) Science fucking rocks :head:

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Ffs if it ends tomorrow im gonna be at bastard work and not with my daughter :cry: that fckin sucks! :mad: They better not end the bloody world or they'll have me to answer to, lol!! :D

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Will our Galaxy just be lost in the vast abysses of space and time, never to be discovered again :eyebrow:

Maybe it won't really end but everything will get squished and mashed and jump into a parallel universe, where loads of crazy shit will be going on. Like, I dunno, England will get some sunshine in summer, or something equally as freaky

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Maybe it won't really end but everything will get squished and mashed and jump into a parallel universe, where loads of crazy shit will be going on. Like, I dunno, England will get some sunshine in summer, or something equally as freaky

LMFAO!!!! :thumbsup:

I would make sure i waz as far away from betty as poss' so i never hear her go on and about "...well i told ya so..." ;)

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Nowt dangerous about tomorrow really... They're just gonna run a proton beam in full circuit for the first time. It's when they start crashing the buggers together that it could all go Back-To-The-Future-style tits, and that's not till next month :D

Will certainly be interesting to see the results when they do...
Higgs Boson, or no Higgs Boson? What's yer money on?

When they're doing experiments, a proton will complete a circuit of the LHC (a distance of 27 km) in 0.00009 seconds. :eek: :S :cool: :crazy:

Last edited:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
lol...Seeing as though it you Kate, al let ya have that...Saying that though, you could prolly get to France by then ;)

Its a bit scary tho aint it-lol...I wonder what it would be like, would it be all over in a second? Would it happen that fast that we wouldnt even know? Will our Galaxy just be lost in the vast abysses of space and time, never to be discovered again :eyebrow:

Even though its a scary thought that the world will end, Im well excited (so long as it all goes well) Science fucking rocks :head:

Cheers matey :thumbsup: But on a serious note it's such a freaky thought, god knows what will happen, I suppose the possibilities are endless, imagine how advanced science and technology will be a thousand years on :confused: If we're still here that is!

Ha ha! Too freaky for us mere mortals to even try and understand!

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
I'm hoping they do detect Higgs Boson during the experiment, myself...
So that's a vote in the "Yes" camp, Sheik...

I can't make my mind up...
I mean, if they DO detect HB, what does it mean?
It's proof of the Standard Model...
No HB = No Standard Model...
Fair enough, but what is the 'Standard Model'...

A theory which so far accurately describes all known modes of particle interaction, oh, apart from gravity :axe:

So we'd still need a compatible & complementary Quantum theory of Gravitation? Good luck with that one... Better stick some new batteries in Hawking! :D