The BEST early to mid 90's UK Label

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

The BEST early to mid 90's UK Label is...

• STRESS

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • FFRR

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • LIMBO

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • COWBOY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NETWORK

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • BIG LIFE

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • BOYS OWN / JBO

• DECONSTRUCTION

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • EAST WEST / PERFECTO

• GUERILLA

• HOOJ

• RUMOUR

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 10 RECORDS

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
Limbo for me all the way too, the first 10-15 records they released were quality, beasts like Sublime's Sublime + Transamerican, Ethnic Prayer, Stealth Sonic Soul, Mukaa Neebro. :cool:

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Network by a mile.
I know it released alot of other labels tracks but it, with Warp, introduced Techno to the Uk back in the day.

Reese,Pandalla,Nexus 21,My Friend Sam,Murk,Underground Resistance....and Neal Howard - Indulge, one of my fave ever tunes was released on it need i say more.

Network by a mile.
I know it released alot of other labels tracks but it, with Warp, introduced Techno to the Uk back in the day.

Reese (KMS) ,Pandalla (Easy Street),Nexus 21 (Blue Chip),My Friend Sam (EX:IT),Murk,Underground Resistance (UR)....and Neal Howard - Indulge (Future Sound R&R), one of my fave ever tunes was released on it need i say more.

Yeah top label Network..... :p ;)

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Hmmm got a good number of belters on most of those labels... but and this is the only thing im going off here - if i had to buy a tune blind with no knowledge of what it was id route for limbo & NTWK as ive not been disappointed with anything ive picked up on these labels yet.... also another couple of labels which i love from and would buy blind is T:me and Loud & Proud phones: :thumbsup:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Anyone remember the "Decoded & Danced Up" album? This was Mike Pickering's answer to Tony Wilson refusing to let him license "Ride On Time" by Black Box for Factory. ..

Certainly do Adam! Got a copy that normally stands behind my mixer due to the really great photo of the Hac on the reverse of the sleeve!

Some good tunes on it too .. . .. pressing is a bit quiet though:(

Tough call on the poll. Boys Own for me. . . but some great labels there. I also loved Stress.

djpileup

Jun 11, 2007
Scotland
went for FFRR/Ffrreedom as i seem to have amassed more under that label than the others
(Gongo - Masterblaster, JX - Son of a Gun/There's Nothing i Won't Do, Lisa B - Fascinated, Utah Saints -What Can You Do For Me/ Something Good, Together - Hardcore Uproar, Electroset - how does it feel?, etc)

I got tunes if i liked em not coz they were on a certain label.

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
Deconstruction was pure k-klass in that time + big tunes from Felix, Bassheads, N-Joi, Lionrock, so my choice . :)

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
I've gone for Ten Records despite the shit quality of the pressings:cool:

They are so damn flimsy aren't they?

I voted Network straight off, which as a staunch Chicago supporter is a tad odd but "back in the day", as they say :rolleyes: , that label was way ahead.

LNADJ's comment made me sway a little tho. Ten has got such a good variety :thumbsup:

But then Guerilla et al later on....:roll: :roll: :roll:

Tough poll deffo.

:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

Brock Landers

Staff member
I've voted for Limbo, but as soon as I pressed the little green button I felt guilty for not voting for Stress, which I would buy every time before listening.

But some of my all time favourtite tunes were released on Limbo.

Guerilla were also pretty shite hot back then.

As were the rest in the poll.

Most difficult poll yet.

JonnyD

Mar 24, 2007
Chorlton
www.myspace
:)
Thats a toughie! I'm gonna go for Guerilla. Just think that they had a massive impact on the whole scene from new people starting to listen to club music to the best Djs and producers :thumbsup: