• Leave it be

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Slice It Open

Votes: 29 85.3%

• Total voters

Dreamgirl

Feb 16, 2004
Peoples Republic Of Liverpool
I was just wondering what everyone else does if they get a still sealed tune - and you havent got a copy of it (although you know what the tune is).... do you leave it sealed in pristine condition or do you slice it open and give it a go on the decks ?

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
The ultimate in Vinyl Pleasure....buying a sealed tuned, opening it and then playing it......:love:

always nice to know it has never been touched by another hand or deck and that the 1st time it is played it on your deck..

otherwise it would be like having an xmas pressie and leaving it all wrapped up'd...:|

music is to be heard......and not sat on a shelf unplayed and un touched....that's almost criminal

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
If you aint got it you've gotta open it :thumbsup:

I got Zhana - Sanctuary of Love last year still sealed... I know what you mean cos part of me wanted to keep it sealed but Iv had more fun out of playin it :)

Tim Acid said:
The ultimate in Vinyl Pleasure....buying a sealed tuned, opening it and then playing it......:love:

music is to be heard......and not sat on a shelf unplayed and un touched....that's almost criminal

:thumbsup: absofookinlutely :D

also with sealed tunes you get to do the quickest draw in the west bit....

you rub the sealed bit up n down yer jeans in one quick moment n if yer dead cool like me it opens ;) :cool:

bit like you used to do with zippo lighters but infinitly more satisfying lol

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Shooms said:
:thumbsup: absofookinlutely :D

also with sealed tunes you get to do the quickest draw in the west bit....

you rub the sealed bit up n down yer jeans in one quick moment n if yer dead cool like me it opens ;) :cool:

bit like you used to do with zippo lighters but infinitly more satisfying lol

LOL fooking right m8..........I used to love it in the record shop when the seller would get a sealed record and run it down the his jeans and open it...thought it was well cool..... I used to ask for a sealed one so I could go home and try it and act cool too :$ lol

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Tim Acid said:
LOL fooking right m8..........I used to love it in the record shop when the seller would get a sealed record and run it down the his jeans and open it...thought it was well cool..... I used to ask for a sealed one so I could go home and try it and act cool too :$ lol

Used to do this all the time - ruins yer jeans eventually though- you end up with white lines accross the front ... better to use the inside of the cuff on your shirt or jumper

I don't know if they still do it but in USA record shopd they would keep one copy unsealed for playing and ALWAYS give you a sealed copy :thumbsup:

mrnex

Registered Member
May 5, 2005
Staffs.
Al depends on why you bought it - if it's a tune you're desperate to play - then hell yes - get it opened - but, if it's a tune to fill up a collection and it's not something you're gonna hammer - then why not keep it sealed?
I for one have a copy of 'The Beginning' by Rhythim is Rhythim, still sealed which i've had since about '91.

skillzminster

Sep 18, 2004
The Land Of Luigi
www.myspace.com
Tim Acid said:

always nice to know it has never been touched by another hand or deck and that the 1st time it is played it on your deck..

otherwise it would be like having an xmas pressie and leaving it all wrapped up'd...:|

I could`nt keep it sealed, i would`nt rest til i`d at least played it once.:hubba:

dodgymix

i've had some quality sealed tunes over the years

TNT "I kill love" (well 7 of em in fact lol)

q words "thats the choice"

irene ortiz "my house" (cheers Jack:thumbsup:)

to name a few

would be a bit daft not opening them. did have a tune the other week that I posted to silky still sealed...

we better ask the man Himself????

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
lastnightadj said:
I don't know if they still do it but in USA record shopd they would keep one copy unsealed for playing and ALWAYS give you a sealed copy :thumbsup:
That has been my experience in Chicago, New York and San Francisco, although I ain't been to the USA for a few years now.
I always thought that was a nice touch.

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
I'd just like to add Ive been there in the boozer 15 mins after buying a tune, desperate to open it, but then you realise you havent a deck to play it on, then you decide to go up to the DJ in Dry bar and pester him until he wants to slap you round the chops.. And then he puts it on, and its Insync - Fade to Black, and it really does sound wonderful at 4pm in the afternoon, just before you drop an acid, and go to Konspiracy, and have 2 pills, and then you blag a lift to Blackburn..and then its a blur....

Sorry, had a few beers today:D

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
No sealed tunes on my shelves although I can perfectly understand buying a second copy of something and leaving it sealed if you're not gonna play it straight away, or for nerdy collecting purposes ;)

Dreamgirl

Feb 16, 2004
Peoples Republic Of Liverpool
ok ...

Im gonna open it........

I tried the rub thing on my legs and Ive got a burn there now - must remember to wear jeans next time I do it and not bare legs :|

Right split the plastic sleeve - had a smell inside of the record (anyone else do that or just me :| ).....

Static on the sleeve :love:

Placing the tune on the deck.... oh shit I dropped it... kiddin - ok needle on - BOSS !!!!

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited: