Still hunting the 'Essential Selection' mix from '90

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Paninaro

Apr 3, 2010
The one that Tong played on a friday night just before Italia '90 kicked off.

Samples included Tom's Diner, a tune with the lyrics 'Dream within a Dream' plus a sample of a young girl pontificating on life; "Do as your mummy and daddy tell you" Think the tune was 'feel my love' ?

Sorry to be vague here but the memory is scratchy at best but much kudos if anyone can recognise the mish mash! ;)

Paninaro

Apr 3, 2010
My mistake then. It was on the dance show on a friday evening (I recall I'd finished work and tuned in on my drive back home) and I assumed it was part of the ES mixes.

(Time does fuck all for my memory) :$

Paninaro

Apr 3, 2010
Cheers for the replies thus far chaps, reckon you're right on the Jeff Young slant. The dude played some good shit back then as I recall.
(Unrelated, but just been digging for some mixes on YT. Astounding. Anyone got any more?)

As for the one I want, can only guess to it's wherabouts. Sincerely hope it kicks up.

And much kudos for the dudes helping me look for it. :thumbsup:

Paninaro

Apr 3, 2010
Here's one of the tracks that was on the mix. Ed

Touch Of Soul - We Got The Love (Piano Version) - YouTube

This is on the mix albeit slightly different and with the little girl pontificating on life; "You should go to church every sunday".

Unsure of the Shut up and Dance though, though Tom's Diner is defo on the mix.

The net's closing chaps. Cheers for the sterling efforts thus far, it's appreciated. :cool:

EDIT: Found the mix of this track that was on the OG mix:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmD4Ffdiw60&feature=related"]Touch Of Soul - We Got The Love (Vocal Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: