Someone elses breast milk

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Anyone else watch this last night? If so just wondered what you thought? Most natural thing in the world so no probs... or just totally freaked out!

I was caught somewhere between both those things. I understand the importance of breast feeding babies and I think if you can provide life saving nurishment for a child then so you should. I had loads of respect for the woman who donated milk to the NHS, I could even kind of understand adults using it for health purposes.

One thing that REALLY freaked me out and I'm sorry is just plain weird was the woman feeding the kids who were 5 and something, can't remember how old but both could walk and talk. I had to turn over when they were asking for a 'tandem' :naughty: :eek: :| Maybe as I'm not a mother myself I just don't understand but that was too much for me :hurl:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Didn't see it, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't really understand why some people are against it. :confused: Unless they're not babies, lol that's just weird! :naughty:

Wouldn't offend me if I saw someone doing it in public either.

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
:p :mad: Lol!

I forgot to mention one woman who said there was something 'almost sexual' about it. No that is most definately disturbing! :naughty: :cops: :|

Yeah.. That was a bit weird.. i was hoping she had got her words mixed up but went ahead trying 2 smooth it all over :S

Hard 2 comment being a bloke but i'm not sure it would'nt bother me.. Tho 4 a woman i would think it was a personal bond betwix mother and baby.. :dummy:

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Yeah... weird...
That's mad Kate, I wanted to watch that show but ended up switching off at exactly the same spot (the school age kids wanting "a tandem" and the mother just sat there grinning & loving it). Fucking wrong. Also wanted to twat Kate Garraway's mullet-sporting whinging wet of a husband. He was like "but I don't want anyone else touching those breasts because they're mine", fucking chauvinist wanker :mad: cockends like him get blokes a bad name.

I do understand the pros & cons of breastfeeding and how it's a good thing etc. But I'm afraid the idea of feeding yer kid on someone else's breast milk just seems wrong to me. Can't put my finger on why exactly, it just seems a bit weird, and not in a good way. I guess I see it as a whole bonding thing between mum & baby... it's not 'just' about feeding... feeding someone else's child like that just seems wrong to me. As would someone else breastfeeding my kid. Maybe I'm just out of touch, but I don't think I would be cool with it.

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Yeah... weird...
That's mad Kate, I wanted to watch that show but ended up switching off at exactly the same spot (the school age kids wanting "a tandem" and the mother just sat there grinning & loving it). [B]Fucking wrong. Also wanted to twat Kate Garraway's mullet-sporting whinging wet of a husband. He was like "but I don't want anyone else touching those breasts because they're mine", fucking chauvinist wanker :mad: cockends like him get blokes a bad name.[/B]
I do understand the pros & cons of breastfeeding and how it's a good thing etc. But I'm afraid the idea of feeding yer kid on someone else's breast milk just seems wrong to me. Can't put my finger on why exactly, it just seems a bit weird, and not in a good way. I guess I see it as a whole bonding thing between mum & baby... it's not 'just' about feeding... feeding someone else's child like that just seems wrong to me. As would someone else breastfeeding my kid. Maybe I'm just out of touch, but I don't think I would be cool with it.

Yeah I don't get how a grown man could be jealous of a feeding baby :confused: that is a bit pathetic.

Yeah I think you're right I think it is about the bond between mother and baby because when I thought of the woman who went to Africa I think it was, not sure can't remember now, and was breast feeding orphans there or the woman who donated milk to the NHS for babies who needed it I thought it was a really positive thing. But then when I thought of my Mum letting someone else breast feed me when I was a baby or me imagining myself letting some else breast feed my children I couldn't imagine it ever seeming 'right' for want of a better word. Just seems like something only a mother can do, but maybe I'd feel different if I had babies and I couldn't yet I wanted them to have all the nutrients they needed from breast milk??? Who knows... defo an interesting programme though :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
one of the women i used to work with had two kids 6 and 5 and fed both of them :| its just not right they should be eating off a plate at that age¬!!!!

cant agree with the public thing either there just isnt any need for it, i personally dont want to see it :$ another women i worked with after recently aving a baby came in too show the little fella off the promptly papped out and sat feeding in the office!!!! wtf, :eek:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Yeah... weird...
That's mad Kate, I wanted to watch that show but ended up switching off at exactly the same spot (the school age kids wanting "a tandem" and the mother just sat there grinning & loving it). Fucking wrong. Also wanted to twat Kate Garraway's mullet-sporting whinging wet of a husband. He was like "but I don't want anyone else touching those breasts because they're mine", fucking chauvinist wanker :mad: cockends like him get blokes a bad name.
My mum is an out-reach worker who works helping women in domestic violence situations etc and she said that this is quite a common things for blokes who are controlling to be like that. Something to do with the fact that the woman is HIS posession and no-one elses, including the baby's......

Anyways, I saw the programme and some of the things I wasn't as arsed about, like the womn donating to the NHS for instance, but the woman who was breastfeeding her 4.5 and 5 year old or whatever age was sick as fuck and I think that is well wrong. I think breastfeeding is a good thing, just some people need to know when they're doing it for the childs sake and when they're doing it for their own. :hurl:

x

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
If your babies hungry and your out and about where are you meant to go, i can apprecaite there's no need for 'all out' boobs showing etc, but i cant see the problem with discreet feeding. We have many mothers with newborns come into the pub i work in and sit at the far end drinking a coffee whilst breast feeding their baby. However saying that i would find it rather disturbing if the 'baby' was 5 or 6 ! :eek: ....but.....imo i think this is more to do with our views on 'boobs' , 5 or 6 does seem a little too old, even the boff peeps recommend breast feeding up to the age of 2 , so really there's no extra benefits from breast feeding a child past that age.

I breastfed my daughter for the first month and for reasons i had to stop, it is the most natural thing in the whole wide world and im glad i tried it.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
If your babies hungry and your out and about where are you meant to go, i can apprecaite there's no need for 'all out' boobs showing etc, but i cant see the problem with discreet feeding.

Exactly. The last thing on my mind would be "Phwooar, look at that! She's got her tits out!" I wouldn't even think anything! However, I might be slightly offended if I was in a pub and someone whipped em out onto the table, drained them into a pint glass and started offering it around...

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Exactly. The last thing on my mind would be "Phwooar, look at that! She's got her tits out!" I wouldn't even think anything! However, I might be slightly offended if I was in a pub and someone whipped em out onto the table, drained them into a pint glass and started offering it around...

Haha!! Milk muzzys are us! :cops: :eek:

True though, just where exactly are you meant to go when your baby is hungry, why should mothers be made to feel awkward and have to leave, :naughty: if the mother does not have a problem with feeding their child in public then good for them, for anyone who doesnt think its right, look the other way, simple! lol

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
If your babies hungry and your out and about where are you meant to go, i can apprecaite there's no need for 'all out' boobs showing etc, but i cant see the problem with discreet feeding. We have many mothers with newborns come into the pub i work in and sit at the far end drinking a coffee whilst breast feeding their baby. However saying that i would find it rather disturbing if the 'baby' was 5 or 6 ! :eek: ....but.....imo i think this is more to do with our views on 'boobs' , 5 or 6 does seem a little too old, even the boff peeps recommend breast feeding up to the age of 2 , so really there's no extra benefits from breast feeding a child past that age.

I breastfed my daughter for the first month and for reasons i had to stop, it is the most natural thing in the whole wide world and im glad i tried it.

Haha!! Milk muzzys are us! :cops: :eek:

True though, just where exactly are you meant to go when your baby is hungry, why should mothers be made to feel awkward and have to leave, :naughty: if the mother does not have a problem with feeding their child in public then good for them, for anyone who doesnt think its right, look the other way, simple! lol
I definately agree with breastfeeding, and like you say it's totally natural. I don't think people should be ashamed to feed their children in public, you can do it discretely anyway. This woman I was on about was feeding her child waaaay past the age you should though. lol...

x

Last edited:

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
I definately agree with breastfeeding, and like you say it's totally natural. I'm don't think people should be ashamed to feed their children in public, you can do it discretely anyway. This woman I was on about was feeding her chids waaaay past the age you should though. lol...

x

Ah sonz, that wasn't directed at you, was just my general feelings. x :thumbsup: