Should He? Shouldnt He?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Well after staying up to watch hatton againt the pacman the question is should he hang up his gloves?
Me personally i say YES after watching him last night, im mean come on 5 fookn minutes of of what can only be describes as shite tbh, 5 minutes of hatton throwing wild swinging punches no defence ( which he said Mayweather has taught me to no get hit), not quite sure why he got put on his arse twice in the 1st round and then in the 2nd he was asleep before he hit the canvas off a thunderous left hook if Mayweather taught him to not get hit :S, but you cant take it away from the pacman as he is fookn top quality and cant see anyone out there beating him.
I would have been pissed if i had to av paid 15 quid to watch it, so whats your thoughts people and are you pissed you paid 15 quid for 5 mins of watching Hatton getn a hiding? :naughty:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Well after staying up to watch hatton againt the pacman the question is should he hang up his gloves?
Me personally i say YES after watching him last night, im mean come on 5 fookn minutes of of what can only be describes as shite tbh, 5 minutes of hatton throwing wild swinging punches no defence ( which he said Mayweather has taught me to no get hit), not quite sure why he got put on his arse twice in the 1st round and then in the 2nd he was asleep before he hit the canvas off a thunderous left hook if Mayweather taught him to not get hit :S, but you cant take it away from the pacman as he is fookn top quality and cant see anyone out there beating him.
I would have been pissed if i had to av paid 15 quid to watch it, so whats your thoughts people and are you pissed you paid 15 quid for 5 mins of watching Hatton getn a hiding? :naughty:

I'm afraid his courage is outstretching his ability. Retire now Ricky.:thumbsup:

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
Ricky, should retire. I'm glad I didn't pay or watch. The pacman probably snorts crushed up boxing gloves on his day off. Hatton boozes and does stand-up. There ain't no comparison. If you want to be the best at anything it takes 100% dedication 100% of the time. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the rest, oooohhhh dedication's what you need :D

zot

May 8, 2005
Plymouth, U.K
Ricky, should retire. I'm glad I didn't pay or watch. The pacman probably snorts crushed up boxing gloves on his day off. Hatton boozes and does stand-up. There ain't no comparison. If you want to be the best at anything it takes 100% dedication 100% of the time. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the rest, oooohhhh dedication's what you need :D

Well said that man....

Don't get me wrong, he's been brilliant for British boxing and I have and always will be a fan but I agree, He's been beaten up twice now...time to hang the gloves up :thumbsup:

For those that didn't see it - Justin.tv - Live Boxing: sports boxing

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.

Yes, I hate to say this. . . but . .

Ricky for the last few years has revelled in his man of the people tag, to the point where he is no longer a man of the people.

He fell into the trap of believing his own hype in my opinion. I started to cringe when he kept talking about how he is loved by the fans because he is one of them. The moment you start talking like that, you are not.

Don't get me wrong, Ricky is a good lad and does get in shape for fights, but I just feel his publicity machine/joe public image has gone to his head and distracted him from the job at hand.

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
It was $49.95 here for the event which I was goin to buy but like I said in another post, I watched it via Sopcast for free and Im so glad I did. Mince is all that can be said.

I think that he should hang up his gloves, all them people that came over to Vegas to watch him get panned in that short a time. With Ricky being on the end of a beating now I think I could take him ;)

At least when i pay for the WWE wrestling Pay Per Views I'm guaranteed 4hours of entertainment for my money lol

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Eating crap food & drinking between fights must seriously do damage mentally! more than anything i don't know how any trainer would train anyone who is not fully commited it must feel a waste of time at times i could imagaine the trainers frustration!

The most important thing is passion! then commitment! commitment to yourself decides if you are going to make it not!

Manny Pacquiao was awsome tho!

Rewind_2007

Aug 8, 2007
Blackpool
Having watched the fight I have to say Hatton got bathered hardcore style Pacquiao looked the better fighter by far, quicker and stronger Hatton looked weak to me and he was well beaton I would seriously consider hanging up my gloves now if I was him I think he has had his time and was out classed unfortuntly!!!

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
The pacman probably snorts crushed up boxing gloves on his day off. Hatton boozes and does stand-up. There ain't no comparison. If you want to be the best at anything it takes 100% dedication 100% of the time. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the rest, oooohhhh dedication's what you need :D

haha :D and a bonus song too , I like it :D

Didnt really see it, only brief clips of the KO but seems he got hammered, so maybe he did bite off more than he can chew?
Was it a case of that phrase 'Your ego's writing cheques your body cant cash'? (where was that from again, its bugging me...?) :confused:

Glad I was tucked up in bed and catching zeds though, and hadn't shelled out for it :|
Bet he's throbbing like a mofo today :S

I like him though, seems like a sound geezer :) :alcohol:

simzzzz

he got a kickin there, more than i expected. cant come back from that. got lot of respect for hatton but time to hang up the gloves. was harsh to watch at the end when he was on the floor looking knocked out eyes rolling and totally out of it. thought some serious damage had been done.

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
LoL 'Your ego's writing cheques your body cant cash' , i herd tht line on Corrie , a ginga lad said it to gails son !!

it was bad 2 see hatton out cold , looked very bad n i think manny should ave gone over 2 c if hatton was ok

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
Been looking for a clip of the fight as im away at the mo,Zot,your link does not work mate,found this picture tho

tag:S

Attachments

• out.jpg
    out.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 109

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Feel more than gutted, proper end of an era. No more all day n all night seshies with the lads waiting for the boxing.
Was absolutely shell shocked yesterday, no way he deserved to go out on his shield in such a fashion. Rickys a very good boxer just a shame he will never be the great one he wished more than anything to be:( :( :( :( :( :(
Its been a pleasure to follow his career and theres been some great fights but its time to call it a day

Next up is the Murray brothers, just hope they stay of the piss
and learn from rickys mistakes