Selling on Discogs

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Hiya Ben...imo Discogs pisses over ebay for single tunes...

Pros:

- No listing fee until item sold (unlike Ebay which is upfront)
- A buyer can be confident which issue / mixes he is buying
- A seller doesn't have to arse about creating listing details - all he as to do is click on 'sell this item'
- A buyer can see at a glance the current market rate for a tune.

I'm only gonna use Ebay to sell bulk collections now.

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Id agree with Shooms, its a lot less hassle, and its an expanding market. The members on there are music enthusiasts and generally know what they are looking for. Ive sold a fair few spares on there for more than I wouldve got on ebay

IMO Ebay is full of bellends now, I sold a camera last week and the stupid bint who bought it was threatening all sorts - "I'll take you to court etc etc" because the camera didnt have a charger - FFS woman it never came with a fecking charger, how many times do I have to tell you so it will sink into your thick numbskull and I will give you a refund lol:crazy:

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
quote=Shooms

Good point - I hadn't thought of that

No dodgy bootlegs passed off as OGs :thumbsup:

- A seller doesn't have to arse about creating listing details - all he as to do is click on 'sell this item'

This is what has drawn me in - did a few as a trial and it was very quick - no need to take a pic either

Good as a seller too - if you want to shift it quicker then undercut all current prices

Thanks for the info - onr more thing - if i listed a tune at £5 does the discog fee come out of my payment (like Ebay) or is chucked on top for the buyer (like Gemm)

thanks

waxHead

Feb 15, 2006
onr more thing - if i listed a tune at £5 does the discog fee come out of my payment (like Ebay) or is chucked on top for the buyer (like Gemm)

thanks

It comes out of the payment you receive, like eBay. From the Discogs.com seller FAQ:

When your items sell - Discogs charges a 5% commission, based on the selling price, for each item sold through the Marketplace.

SellerFAQ - Discogs - Trac

;)

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
I Have always used ebay (for over 4 years), but you just don't get the prices you once did and IMO to many dicks now selling..so have totally switched to Discogs:thumbsup:

Shooms has already pointed out the positives, the best bits for me are that if you have a tune you are not really sure you want to sell, you put it up for silly money and yes if you get it you sell it, but if not then no problem:)

Ive listed top tunes on ebay before, sold em for 99p and being honest would rather of kept them:eyebrow: than let them go cheap.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Ive never sold anything yet as im just starting up ;) but ive tried to buy a few tunes off discogs and been totally ignored!!! so i tend to look if i know some1 these days althoguh one of the peeps i 1st tried to buy off i knew the seller but still heard fuck all :mad: its been ok tho for the couple i have bought!!! :thumbsup:

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Ive never sold anything yet as im just starting up ;) but ive tried to buy a few tunes off discogs and been totally ignored!!! so i tend to look if i know some1 these days althoguh one of the peeps i 1st tried to buy off i knew the seller but still heard fuck all :mad: its been ok tho for the couple i have bought!!! :thumbsup:

a few peeps on hear have said this about Discogs...Ive only started buying this year and prob bought 40 odd tunes and not had one prob.:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It's defo the way forward it seems and it's fecking great that every record has a grading instead of the usual úsed' on ebay :thumbsup:

I've never had a problem with the few records i've bought from there, but I am more wary that there's no safe guards with the money sent for an item and for that reason I usually only use it when the other options fail or the price is too good to pass up.

Can't see how a seller can go wrong on there though, unless they don't deliver and get kicked off the site.

dodgymix

I like Discogs altohugh it can takes ages to sell stuff (but yeh I check the prices and then undercut everyone on reason)

its also really easy to change the prices (if its not selling etc) which was good

has anyone had the recent email from Ebay saying that they are banning "lengthening auctinos times" as itrs unfair to buyers

WTF Ebay systems let you do it lol

It's probably coz yer a bird :p :drevil: ;)

J/K... I've had that before.. you get an email confirmation from Ogs but no followup seller email confirming total price etc... I usually chase the seller up by email asking for a total price...

As a seller I always send the buyer a paypal request for payment so all they have to do is click on it & pay me :D

discogs

Hiya Ben...imo Discogs pisses over ebay for single tunes...

Pros:

I'm only gonna use Ebay to sell bulk collections now.

i agree ,ive just recently started using it to sell stuff on discogs also as IKONTRABAND:p , its just so quick and so easy ,i listed just over a 100 tunes in less than 2 hours yesterday :D ,on ebay it would have taken me all day :eek: plus the fact that the people who want that particular item in most cases even get an email telling them its for sale , also once its listed its up its there forever for free ,plus if its too high u can just keep on reducing it till its sold , AND another great feature if you decide to put some of your discogs bits on ebay from time to time like mabey a cheap or free listings day or something u can postpone ur discogs listings at the touch of a button, then click em back on when they dont sell on ebay , so best of both worlds :thumbsup:

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
I have never liked selling on e-bay though I have been selling on Gemm for a few years. I'm slowly shifting everything across to Discogs as I find it much, much better.

Only minor hassles have been people buying then not paying - but that has only happened twice in several months.