Rob Jay 93???

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dazwhan

Nov 21, 2009
www.mixcloud.com
update 15/10/10 - Id'd no.4 on "other side"

Looking for a list for DJ Rob Jay - Beat Technique, think it was 93 if anyone has got any info on it. It's a whopper of a tape this, both sides are amazin, can't find any info on either the tape or Rob Jay though. Apparently there is a Hip Hop guy of the same name but it's not the same person. Any clues on this would be ace.

right, made a start on this but I reckon it's gonna be a mission to get this done, here's what I've got so far, it's not much but it's a start:

One Side:
1. ?????? - ??????
2. ?????? - ??????
3. ?????? - ??????
4. Sonic Solution – Get On The Move
5. 2 Bad Mice – Bombscare
6. ?????? – How Can I Love You More (not sure if this is MPeople or just a rip)
7. ?????? - ??????
8. Sound Environment - Natural High
9. ?????? - ?female vocal – “do not resist the beat”
10. ?????? - ?female vocal – “I know I can do it”
11. Earth People – Reach Up To Mars

The Other side:
1. Mount Rushmore - The Vibe (Lukas' Regular Slice)
2. Virtualmismo - Mismoplastico (Saxoplastic Mix)
3. Jaydee - Plastic Dreams (Trance Mix)
4. Tenth Chapter - Product
5. ?????? - ?male vocal “clap it up”
6. Soundcraft - The Movement, The Message"
7. ?????? - ??????
8. ?????? - ??????
9. ?????? - ?male vocal “dreamin”
10. ?????? - ?female vocal “life’s deep”
11. ?????? - ?male vocal “take ya higher”
12. ?????? – think this is off an acappella tracks?, female breathy vocal, ends with “I need a cigarette”

tuneID thread link (The Other side):
DJ Rob Jay - Beat Technique 1993 - tuneID.com

Daz phones:

Last edited:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
hi m8, i know of rob jay, he used to play at shelleys every now and again back in 91 i think. used to really like his sets, a bit too much hardcore for some, but he was deffo one of the better djs technically. used to have a couple of tapes of his, but sadly they got nicked somewhere along the way :(

afraid i can't help with the 93 tape ur after tho, i never heard any of his later stuff, maybe some of the djs from shelleys might have a better idea. i know that tony ross is a member on here, perhaps he could help, might be worth sending him a pm?

hope u get it sorted m8, if u do manage to find it i'd appreciate a copy :thumbsup:

Dazwhan

Nov 21, 2009
www.mixcloud.com
hi m8, i know of rob jay, he used to play at shelleys every now and again back in 91 i think. used to really like his sets, a bit too much hardcore for some, but he was deffo one of the better djs technically. used to have a couple of tapes of his, but sadly they got nicked somewhere along the way :(

afraid i can't help with the 93 tape ur after tho, i never heard any of his later stuff, maybe some of the djs from shelleys might have a better idea. i know that tony ross is a member on here, perhaps he could help, might be worth sending him a pm?

hope u get it sorted m8, if u do manage to find it i'd appreciate a copy :thumbsup:

Hiya Nupski m8

I've got the tape m8 so if ya wanna copy we'll sort summat out. Gonna be uploading some clips, probably to tuneID. I'm gonna try my best to complete the full tracklist. Shame there's not more info about him, your right, his technical ability is spot on.

Daz :thumbsup:

griffsfer

Jan 31, 2009
Liverpool, calm down calm down
rob jay a legend

Hi chaps , l just wanted to add that me and sum m8s had a rob jay tape in 91 and it was literally...'unf**king believable' which was one of the tunes on it!! The guy just knew what to play and how to mix it and back then( when doves were doves and not fishtank cleaners) it was just out of this world! would kill for a copy of that tape if anyone has one from around august 91?

rob jay

Jun 24, 2011
hi guys , kudos for vibes !
ive posted a thread on tune id too

ill dig out that "un f bel" mix , and anything else you want you know how to reach me now lol .

ive been putting all my old masters together cos i might start digitising some things for here . ive never done any previously . up to now i have over 70 masters stretching back to 1990 , incl cream , shellies etc .

if anyone has bass infinity , heart is in the groove or the sound of now mixes , i might need a copy cos as up to now i cant find the master EEK .

any tracklisting ID's , or requests then feel free to shout out .
im just buying a tape deck cos mine is dead not used it in years [wtf , tape??!!] and had the dat all refurbed too so i can get some good rips . ill be in touch ... :thumbsup:

rob jay

Jun 24, 2011
Download dj rob jay - house mix 1 - old skool dec 1990 remastered from tape Torrent - KickassTorrents

rob jay
"house mix 1"
december 1990
equipment: 2 x SL1210 & mixer . no computer based stuff ;-)

gonna more remaster digitally too .
heres one of the first proper mixes i did for sale .
add above file to your torrent client [ie: utorrent]

lots of old skool anthems , way more anthemic than i usually play lol . im sure most people will recognise most from back in the day . mixture of styles piano vocal euro techno etc . theres about 35 tracks on the 'cassette' so it was a challenge to get them all in relatively fast lolphones:

play loud
rob

rob jay

Jun 24, 2011
THIS IS THAT TAPE YOU TALK OF MATE IN ITS ENTIRITY , MISTAKES N ALL , ITS HOW IT WAS !

Hi chaps , l just wanted to add that me and sum m8s had a rob jay tape in 91 and it was literally...'unf**king believable' which was one of the tunes on it!! The guy just knew what to play and how to mix it and back then( when doves were doves and not fishtank cleaners) it was just out of this world! would kill for a copy of that tape if anyone has one from around august 91?

rob jay

Jun 24, 2011

rob jay

Jun 24, 2011
Download dj rob jay - house mix 1 - old skool dec 1990 remastered from tape Torrent - KickassTorrents

rob jay
"house mix 1"
december 1990
equipment: 2 x SL1210 & mixer . no computer based stuff ;-)

gonna more remaster digitally too .
heres one of the first proper mixes i did for sale .
add above file to your torrent client [ie: utorrent]

lots of old skool anthems , way more anthemic than i usually play lol . im sure most people will recognise most from back in the day . mixture of styles piano vocal euro techno etc . theres about 35 tracks on the 'cassette' so it was a challenge to get them all in relatively fast lolphones:

play loud
rob

this is ace - thanks for the share:thumbsup:

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Just listening to the DJ Rob Jay - Beat Technique mix now and either me or one of my lot must have had this tape back in the day in the car, but somehow it got labled as a Vertigo mix... i had a funny feeling i'd heard it before on side A but by side B i was fuckin certain!

Nice one!