RIP Neil aka II Real

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
Hey up all, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately yesterday afternoon Neil II Real died peacefully with his family and best friend by his side.

For anyone who knew Neil, you'll remember how energetic, funny and random he was so it's a massive shock that someone with so much life can have it taken away so suddenly. I know everyone says this about people when they pass away, but he genuinely was the sort of guy who would do anything for anyone. If you were ever at a loose end, Neil would make you look at the practicalities of your problem and make it all seem less of a stress.

He was a superbly talented DJ and producer so he legacy will live on through his music, but hopefully he'll be remembered for so much more too. So if you have any funny or random Neil memories feel free to post em....:)

We'll miss you II"muthafuckin"Real...When the storm cleared up last night your star was shining brightly :love: :love: :love:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I remember him now, he played here with cutter and candyman one night and we were all listening in at Bods. Really sorry to hear about his loss:(

RIP Neil.

lottie

Apr 24, 2006
where ever i lay my hat ( straw one )
Had the pleasure of meeting neil at the birmingham doo and as much as the music makes these nights the people make it what it is and along with cutter im sure i speak for nics aswell neil certainly made that day / night one to remeber :love: as for funny stories at one point i said do you ever shut the fuck up and his reply was shhhh im talking :D so very saddend by this news my thoughts go out to his friends & family , RIP Neil xxxx

at one point i said do you ever shut the fuck up and his reply was shhhh im talking :D

LOL :D :thumbsup:

As for me the 1st time I met Neil at the PR do @ Rainbow Arches he was on the decks & I kept going up & flicking the v's at him... cool as you like without taking his eye off the mix he stuck the birdy up at me & then dropped in the next tune :D

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
like jim said only know him from the night we tuned into him and cutter and candyman at ours that night, R.I.P sad loss of young life and talent

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
Had the pleasure of meeting neil at the birmingham doo and as much as the music makes these nights the people make it what it is and along with cutter im sure i speak for nics aswell neil certainly made that day / night one to remeber :love: as for funny stories at one point i said do you ever shut the fuck up and his reply was shhhh im talking :D so very saddend by this news my thoughts go out to his friends & family , RIP Neil xxxx
couldnt of said it better myself lottie!

ive spent ages trying to get my words out but it aint happening....all i can say is that neil was neil and if you had the pleasure of knowing him then you know exactly what i mean:love:

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
just wanna say how sad i am 2 hear the loss of a top dj,nev.er knew him on a personal note but have listened and downloaded his sets..r.i.p

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
Rest in peace

Again, I don't think I never met Neil, heard him, and he gained a lot of respect from people involved with OSA and Pirate Revival. Taken away from us far to early.:(

If one thing to take from this is that when its our turn at pearly gates at least we will not need to worry about being sorted for decent music "upstairs".

God bless Neil rest in peace.

Andy

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
RIP Neil..met you on a few nights out and you were a top guy who could gab the leg off a donkey!!:D
Lots of love to Neil's family and friends and a special hug for Cutter, I know how close you guys were xxxxx:love: