Ringing in sick ..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
My mates just left the place i work . . after totally running out of blags to use when pulling a sickie. lol my fave was she text my boss saying couldnt make it in today as she'd been involved in a fatal car crash:fekked:
Thing is she'd be back in the following day showing us all her pictures from knowsley safari park or where ever she'd been previous day :rofl:
I never ring in sick .. feel too shady when i have to go back in and i think they would be able to tell im lying.
Anyone got a tale to tell of being ill .. or pretending to be ? :ghost:

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
I seem to vaguely remember one early saturday morning at Northern Stars house being slightly worse for wear as they say and so was the wife and I was due to start work at 8am. The only person who had it together enough to speak that morning was the said host, so I got her to ring work and blag my supervisor that it was actually my wife calling in to tell him that I was in no fit state to make it to work as I had been up all night in a terrible state being sick ( which actually wasnt too far from the truth now when you read it back :fekked:) and that there was no way I could possibly make it in to work and she had just put me in bed and got me settled. Was name dropping the boss in the convo and everything, was lucky I never got busted as we were rolling around biting lips trying not to laugh, was the best piece of adlib Ive ever seen for somebody in that state :D As soon as the phone call finished, the bottle of JD was cracked open , the music cranked back up and.....well you can guess the rest ;) Was a cracking sesh anyways even by our standards :thumbsup:

May 16, 2008
Moomin Valley
lol i dont know where 2 start on this lmao:cops: there is 2 many 2 mention i went through a well bad phase a couple of year back at ringin in sick always at weekend :fekked: i remember once havin 2 go in to my boss office for a chat lol:p and she offerd me counselling if i felt i needed it lmfao:mad: :naughty: enough said lol

APH

Apr 13, 2009
I remember ringing in sick years ago when I still lived at home, it was a job I didnt mind, just fancied the day off I think.

Anyway, in the afternoon the phone rang and like a dick I answered it and it was my boss wanting to know why I wasnt in work.
I had to think fast so I just pretended to be my older brother and stated that I was very ill indeed;)

when I got back in to work the next day my boss didnt believe me one bit that it was my bro that he spoke to, but he couldnt prove anything!:cool:

Duke

1 Of The Best 1's I Did Was Slightly True, I Was Pulling In The Bins At Work , And Said I Went Over On My Ankle, And Had To Go To Hospital , I Even Caught A Taxi To The Hospital To Make It Look Good ( They Paid My Taxi Fair Bac To Me ) How I Really Did Was It Was When I Was Fishing N Fell Down A Hole N Went Over On My Foot, The Reason I Said I Did It At Work Was Cus They Wud Pay Me For A Few Days , I Even Got My M8 To Park His Car Up Around The Corner N Got Him To Drive My Car To His ,to Make It Look Like I Cud'nt Drive Lol , I Had Really Sprained My Ankle But Not As Bad As I Made Up Lol ,