Rhys Jones trial results

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Rhys Jones verdict: 'Justice has been done' - dad Stephen - Liverpool Echo.co.uk

All found guilty and Mercer charged with Murder...thank God for that.

It would have been an insult to justice if these rats had got away with it.

I hope it brings some peace to their families and that some good comes out of the loss of a young innocent life.

The judge made these comments to Mercer:

You are not soldiers. You have no discipline, no training, no honour. You do not command respect. You may think you do, but that is because you cannot tell the difference between respect and fear. You are selfish, shallow criminals, remarkable only by the danger you pose to others.”

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Aye justice has been served.

I thought the judges summing up was very good.

It should be put on billboards as a reminder to other would be lowlife!!

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
horrible

Glad he got 22 years but I recon life should mean life just think that poor family havent got there boy home for christmas for the rest of there lives.

Rest in peace rhys

But dont you think they all should have got all got the same as they helped mercer.

I cant speak for anyone else but imo if it was one of my kids gunned down I would want them inside for the rest of there lives.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Didn't really pay much attention to all this when it was reported at the time, but read about the judgement today in the Metro, and was really shocked...

14 year old kids in running about in gangs with access to shooters... :eek: :|

They sound like a right evil bunch of bastards, and locking up is too good for them, but you worry that there won't be more young uns just as bad taking their place...

Worth a mention as well that they weren't all prosecuted. One of them plea-bargained immunity from prosecution, presumably by giving up all the others...

Apparently they busted Mercer long before, and were holding him while they built a case to nick all the others. Great quote in the Metro article along lines of Mercer had to be moved to a secure holding facility for his own protection within 15 minutes of arriving in prison, to chants of "baby killer".

Wouldn't reckon much for his chances in a normal nick. Nice to know taxpayer's coin will be keeping him safe in some secure unit though...

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
You are not soldiers. You have no discipline, no training, no honour. You do not command respect. You may think you do, but that is because you cannot tell the difference between respect and fear. You are selfish, shallow criminals, remarkable only by the danger you pose to others.”

Sums up a lot of so called paramilitary groups also IMO

well said judge dude

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Kids killing kids ??? Fucked up to fuck if you ask me.

Prison is too good for them, but what else punishment is there thats humanely?? Not like we live in a country where we can all go and stone him (unfortunate on this occassion-lol)

He will be out at 40 if he does the full term, and i bet he will go straight back into the lifestyle he had before he got locked up :mad:

I heard on the radio that Liverpool police are struggling to control gun crime in the city...leaves me thinking that maybe the police should be able to carry guns?? Maybe not, I dont know-but how else is gun/knife crime gonna get tackled???

I just cant believe that this happened, a 16 year old with a gun, A FUCKING GUN!?! shoots a 11 year old- madness fucking madness.

A child & a family got robbed of a future & for what?? more lives to be wasted & destroyed...its all fair & well locking up the perpetrators AFTER someone had died...we need to think about steps to take before it gets to killing-How I dont know...Im just fucking disgusted.

I hope he gets fucked in every fucking orifice every fucking day whilst hes in there :mad:

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
been following the case since it started,justice has been done,like others have said tho would still like to see lowlife scum like this hanging for crimes of this nature

tag

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
At one stage it didn't look like they were going to get these animals, but good to see them get their sentences finally.

I like the Judges comments:thumbsup:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Let the bastards rot.

I still can't believe the two boys who killed jamie bulger are out roaming the streets living normal lives after murdering and mutilating that poor baby.

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate

Well said by a toff judge for a change. :cool:

22yrs though, think about it? He will be 40 if/when he gets out? enough time to reflect after being bummed twice a day at least.....by guards or cons, one at a time, or join the end of the q? A life of hell is a bigger sentence than the easy option of snuffing em out at the end of a rope. GOOD! Thats what he deserves. A life of hell.