retro trax

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chimpster

Oct 30, 2009
well where do i start , 4 o us came up from birmingham ,,, went to the pre bar first were i was more tham plesantly suprised to be hit by some great , i mean proper electro tunes ,, in fact kid frost terminator ,,, not heard that out !!!! pardon me for my ignorance at not knowing any of the djs names ,,, then the next dj was just so good playing independece to twin hype ,,, then off to the main event ,,,,
again didnt take long to get on the floor assoon as we heard liasons d ,,,
ive never heard so many proper (not your com oldskool crap) tunes ,, frank de wulf esp ,,,, will def coming back for more .....
:thumbsup:

Back online and what a night! :thumbsup: ;) :p From getting on the train to arriving at Liverpool I had such an excellent time! Got taken on a guided tour of Liverpool by Pat the taxi driver who knew all sorts of random historical facts, it was great to go back to a city I've not visited for the best part of 10 years.

And then onto the dugout where I met the most of the osa crew for the first time - it was brilliant to finally get to meet people from here at last!! :) I had such a good time, a lot of banter and excellent tunes to go with it phones:! Really enjoyed the whole night, it was the best ever!

Thanks to Ian and Lisa for arranging such a top night - can't wait for the next one!!!!! :p ;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Thanks to Ian and Lisa for asking me to warmup in the (pre bar) Dugout:thumbsup: The monitor didn't work throughout my set so i've no idea what the mixing sounded like, but I can imagine it was pretty bad as i've always relied on monitors when mixing anywhere before and I couldn't hear a thing in there:$ That said I had plenty of people come up to me in the dugout and the main event in the arena telling me they enjoyed my set and reminiscing about old school electro, so guess it went pretty well regardless:)

After finishing my set I had a quick look round the back of the monitor and flicked a switch that looked like it should have been on - which kicked the monitor into life and the sound then from that one monitor sounded better than the rest of the speakers in the Dugout combined, probably deafening Bod in the process :lol: .....we had bass in the Dugout phones: Bod played a cracking set that everybody enjoyed and i'm glad he's playing in the arena at some point next year:thumbsup: :D

Into the Arena and it was going off nicely to the sounds of Biskit then later on by Grover/Pluto/Mick who started off his set with some old school breaks and electro which was right up my street and had some of the old electro heads finding me again to say how good Mick was and that he was playing electro:thumbsup:

Enjoyed Together's Live PA....even though they they didn't do a ''Ha ha ha happy birthday'' for our Lee Laaaaa as Leaky was hoping:lol: and Dream Frequency's Euphoria always goes down well everytime I hear it:thumbsup: .

The last dj was more into the mainstream on a big anthems tip, so I spent a lot of my time at that point drifting outside for a chat with my mates and randoms, but i'm sure he did the business for those into that sound too.

Really nice to meet Anne (Speedysnail), she's lovely and I met nupski at some point too, but we didn't have a proper chat as he was probably dancing somewhere else.

I'm glad Lee had a good send off into his mid 30's anyhow, he's a proper gem and always makes the nights that bit more special:king: but unfortunately I didn't get to play a record that I brought just for him to drop into my set:|

cutter

Sep 17, 2003
LDN
WWW.PIRATEREVIVAL.CO.UK
Brilliant night from start to finish. Good music, Good people and a great atmosphere, need you want more?

Tune of the night for me dropped by Pluto - kraftwerk - tour de france :D

See you all in 2010 for the next installment. . .

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
bit late posting my review of this sorry everyone :$

bit of a nightmare getting to liverpool, we didn't get to the dugout till about 10.30, so i missed all of jim's set and half of bod's, but gave me enough time to catch my breath before we hit the arena.

sorry to all the dj's but not being from the north i didn't really know who was who, apart from steve vertigo, who i seen play a few times recently. all i can say is that this was the best night of tunes that i've heard in a long time, maybe ever, respect to all concerned.

think it's fair to say i never really got near top form on the night because of all the stress the previous day, but was great to see some of the peeps from osa that ive spoken to but never met before, bod n bernie, shazza, lee laaa, jiglo, emmabell, leaky, monty, mesh, superfreak, bren and anyone else i've missed.

cheers to ian and lisa for putting on one of the best nights of tunes i've ever heard, and cheers to brock landers for providing the after party chillout venue.

my biggest shout of the night goes to tilly tina tunz, who not only put up with me all weekend, but well into the following week lol. thanks for looking after me hun x

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Not going to type a lot :D

Just want to say thanks to everyone just for be nice & friendly the atmosphere was great & i can't wait for the next one! :D

You guys RRROOOOOCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! Love Ya's!!!!!!!!!!

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
bit late with this :$ but once again liverpool does the bizz :cool:
many thanks to ian and lisa for another cracking night, i missed the last one but went to all the bttop and thought it was better with just the one room.
got there early thanks to jims lift and bod and bernies spare room :thumbsup:
jim played a blinder i know im biased but thats how i got to know jim through a love for his style of tunage phones: and you didn't dissapoint m8, then bod rocked it he was nervous as hell before we set off :D god knows why as he is the most at home make it look easy dj behind the ones and twos ive ever seen. and i know it was meant to be a warm up yet i was shouting for him to get it cranked up 1/2 way through his set :$ will look forward to hearing you play a main stage soon :D
as for the event itself absolute quality biskit got it warmed up nicley and to hear future fpj belting out got me straight in the mood phones: together played a blinder and it was great to here the other version, it was like a teaser all wondering if they will or not :confused: but then they did :D last tune and it went off... vertigo then played a blinder, but the biggest surprise was dream frequency, blew me away. i didn't expect it tbh, they had the place jumping. but the highlight for me was pluto phones: i rocked my socks off phones: then the final set also kept the place jumping but i was mentally and Phisicaly battered by then :( tunes of the night for me have already been mentioned i think, silver bullitt, rubb it in, acts of madmen :love: and loads ive forgot, im sure pluto dropped either robin wants revenge or rhythm is rhythm or a tune very similay with that bong bong bong sound, whatever it was it had me jumping phones: great to see everyone having a ball and catching up with me old mucca lee on his birthday :thumbsup: i wonrt start naming everyone it was great to see you all but theres a couple ive never met befor but spoke too for ages like monty jammer nupski and im sure there were more :$ and great to see DTR again :D cracking night had by all. never had a bad night in liverpool.

Absolutely buzzin... n1 Bod :D That vid will stand the test of time as much as the Shaboo vid & the Warehouse live PA vid :D

Sorry I couldn't be there but was having a verrr spesh w/e with a spesh lady :love:

I'm made up it was every inch of the success it deserved to be...

Simple formula... bang on tunes + bang on party people + bang on atmosphere = winner :thumbsup:

Respect to Ian & Lisa for the organisation - I know it's hard work & stressy but the results speak for themselves :D

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
He tagged along with me Deb.

I thought you two may know each other and was asking him the other week but he couldn`t place you!!

He lived in Blackburn many years ago so I thought you were bound to have crossed paths.

yeah hell not know me as northern star i dont think, just debs that used to knock about with andy senior, oddie, woodly and tall paul ;)