Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
I have a few questions...
Do you have jobs? Are they well paid? Are there any vacancies?:D
You three are always on here posting long, well thought out responses and I am tres jealous as I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to eat a Boots meal deal and have a quick ciggie(sometimes at the same time:D )

So..any jobs??? xx

Last edited:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
You three are always on here posting long, well thought out responses and I am tres jealous as I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to eat a Boots meal deal and a have a quick ciggie(sometimes at the same time:D )

So..any jobs??? xx

Yes, Yes & No!:p ;)

I am currently posting before work!

I work from home some days and have wireless access to my lap top when out and about.

Loved your post though!

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Yes, It's all relative, and No (sorry).

The work I do can really vary and is driven either by client deadlines, or events on the credit/interest rate derivatives markets. That should tell you all you need to know about current recruitment policy :D

That effectively means there can be periods when not much is going on, and also periods where it goes crazy ape bonkers (with a drill and sex) round here. When it gets like that, forget fag or meal breaks, don't make plans for the evening, and annual leave etc can be cancelled at the drop of a hat (people have ended up losing booked/paid up holidays abroad at a day's notice before).

There are 6 computers of various types sat on my desk which run 24/7 and are hooked in to various different services and systems online, so I'm pretty much constantly poking around the tinty in one form or another. Normally also when I'm posting here there are several work related things going on at the same time.

It all evens out though I suppose. All I'll say is, if you fancy it, try leaving the house at 5am every morning, getting home again at 6pm & then logging on & working until 11 every night. That's not exceptional either, that's a normal 5 day week. Weekends, Xmas & bank holidays too, if the phone rings.

It's not all bad though. It does have it's upsides.

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
It all evens out though, all I'll say is, if you fancy it, try leaving the house at 5am every morning, getting home again at 6pm & then logging on & working until 11 every night. That's not exceptional either, that's a normal 5 day week.

It's not all that bad though. It does have it's upsides.

Hmm..I'll give it some thought..I do love my current job though:love: I work in Greggs nibbling the edge of pies to give them that crinkled effect:cool:
They pay me in Dinky cakes but if any pasties drop on the floor..I get to take them for half price:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Yes, Yes & No!:p ;)

I am currently posting before work!

I work from home some days and have wireless access to my lap top when out and about.

Loved your post though!
Aaaaah..working from home..used to love that:love: Nothing helps productivity like the soothing sounds of..'Jonny........................................................................................IS the father' a la Jeremy Kyle:D

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Hmm..I'll give it some thought..I do love my current job though:love: I work in Greggs nibbling the edge of pies to give them that crinkled effect:cool:
They pay me in Dinky cakes but if any pasties drop on the floor..I get to take them for half price:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Could you drop us a steak bake & a couple of jumbo sozzy rolls... not on the bog floor or owt though mind.
Oh and a bockle of Ribena
(everybody loves a bargain)
:D

P.S. What's a dinky cake? (i've heard of 'half a teacake' before... is it the same thing)
P.P.S. No I'm not starting the bun/roll/barm debate again :p

That effectively means there can be periods when not much is going on, and also periods where it goes crazy ape bonkers (with a drill and sex) round here. When it gets like that, forget fag or meal breaks, don't make plans for the evening, and annual leave etc can be cancelled at the drop of a hat (people have ended up losing booked/paid up holidays abroad at a day's notice before).

It all evens out though I suppose. All I'll say is, if you fancy it, try leaving the house at 5am every morning, getting home again at 6pm & then logging on & working until 11 every night. That's not exceptional either, that's a normal 5 day week. Weekends, Xmas & bank holidays too, if the phone rings.

It's not all bad though. It does have it's upsides.

What upsides are these you speak of (better be at least a staff toilet that is gold,or gold plated...bog roll made of rose petals and a midget walking round with a bowl of coke on his head)...????no, then fuck that! i think you should work to live, not live to work....what do you do?(job title etc)...

You three are always on here posting long, well thought out responses and I am tres jealous as I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to eat a Boots meal deal and a have a quick ciggie(sometimes at the same time:D )

So..any jobs??? xx

Yes, relatively (it keeps me in vinyl, crack & rentboys at least), will look into for you - chuck me over a CV :)

I know it looks like I doss all day but like with everything there's peaks & troughs of work... I work an inordinate number of hours & often take my work home with me (& even if I stopped dossing at work it still wouldn't be a 9-5 job). Besides I'm the master of multi-tasking :D

So to me it's flexibility & give & take... Monday / Tuesdays are my real pressure days where I am on back to back Sales meetings & telecons all day & I am frantically trying to rollup, consolidate & present the data gathered in a meaningful way.... basically even my toilet / fag breaks are at the mercy of my diary :S

That's why I don't feel so bad typing this :D

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
P.S. What's a dinky cake? (i've heard of 'half a teacake' before... is it the same thing)
P.P.S. No I'm not starting the bun/roll/barm debate again :p

PS Answer 1... A dinky cake is a small fairy cake topped with pink icing and finished with a 'non descript' smartie. They are only sold in a Liverpool establishment known in some circles as 'Sayers'..they are fed to young offsprings of mothers on benefits who wear bubble coats:thumbsup:

PPS2 There is no argument...a bun has a cross on it, contains currants and is sold at Easter, a roll can often be misconstrued as a barm....a barm is a white, floury bap that is often served with ham/cheese( OR brie and walnut if ya posh)..debate over.com!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Yes, relatively (it keeps me in vinyl, crack & rentboys at least), will look into for you - chuck me over a CV :)
CV??? Thanks babe:) Do you mind if I post it on here???
Name: Mesh Kecks
Sex: Yes Please:p
Address: Lost in Musicphones:
Hobbies: rubbing Orginal Mint Source into my nethers, collecting Grolsh tops, supporting Torquay United, eating Skips, designing health warnings for Marlboros and pinching big black mens willies:gigolo:

What do u think Shooms?? Any prospects?

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Was just talkin to a recruitment consultant and he told me I didn't give you enough to go on when describin my hobbies ....so here it gos................
1.I like lego..it's colourful, it fits and it clicks..what's not to like????
2. I like things that make noises involuntary...be that a fanny fart or a badly disguised wink....I like it:cool:
3.Fake hair..bleached, tonged, crimped, tousled...I love it all:he she:
4.BOOZE..the master of all creation..booze is the one..booze is your friend...it will never leave you in times of trouble...booze will not shag your best mate...booze will not appeal to the courts for joint custody...you can always rely on BOOZE!!!!:love:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Hobbies: eating Skips,
pinching big black mens willies:gigolo:

Pinching as in stealing or pinching as in giving them a bit of a tweak? ;)
Do you bobbit them and keep them in a jar of brine in the kitchen? Do you TWOC cock? :p

and eating skips....doesnt the crunch of metal play havoc with your fillings...? :|

:D