R.I.P The Thunderdome

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
The Thunderdome, what a legendary club.. Dark, seedy & very naughty place like most of the 'Rave sence' clubs were in Manchester in 1989

I had some top nights here with great music,blood ,sweat & tears.. I drove past last week & noticed its now being demolished...

So Rave In Peace & thanks for some treasured memories :fekked: phones: :fekked:

thunderdome.jpg

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Never went there as it was before my day but was still legendary. Sad to see it getting demolished. :(

I remember my Grandma getting quite angry about it being turned into a rave years ago. She used to go there when it was an old picture house back in the 1940's!

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
A listed building too, I believe.
No doubt more palms have been greased behind the scenes at Manchester City Council to allow this to happen. :(

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
A listed building too, I believe.
No doubt more palms have been greased behind the scenes at Manchester City Council to allow this to happen. :(

Listed means bog all these days. . . .loads of lovely buildings around Manchester have been demolished. . . .if it's listed. . . the developers set a fire. . . .then it is deemed to expensive to restore. . . .ok . .. knock it down then. . . .Simples!

It is a scandal. . .not saying the Thunderdrome is the best example of a buliding that needs saving. . . but many are.

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
did not notice any builders when I went past this morning but was miles away to be honest.
The place had fell into a state of absolute disrepair so its about time they knocked it down

I said it before & I'll say it again (dance while the record spins)....

You northern lot are so damn lucky to have what you had going on around you - I would've fuckin LOVED to be living in Manchester from 1987 - 1990 :thumbsup:

It's all about making it happen too... as the Blackers peeps showed... just an absolute focused mindset to do it, whatever the cost :king:

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
It was a theatre & then became a cinema house.. it closed & was re- born as 'The Thunderdome' & it is/was a listed building too... but no longer thanks to the corrupt northern councils :naughty: :mad:

They may have demolished the building,but they will never take away the memories :D