R.I.P Frank Sidebottom

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Gutted too. Absolutely bobbins. :cry:

A genuinely zany and funny guy. (and puppet actually)

Frank has had me in stitches on many an occasion over the years and a close friend of mine did a lot of work with him.
I've got loads of pictures of Frank from down the years, I might post a few up later...

:( :( :(

easty

Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
A true hero of mine and an absolute comic genius. Loved thye bloke from being a kid. Remember him at Maine road all the time trying to do kick ups at half time.

People will go on about Frank Sidebottom and rightly so but don't forget about the freshies and the fact he was the bloke who invented Mrs Merton

A tragic end to a great man who gave joy entertainment to everyone, regardless of whether they got Frank or completely missunderstood him :)

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
...but don't forget about the freshies and the fact he was the bloke who invented Mrs Merton

The South Manchester Comedy Set have got a lot to thank Frank Sidebottom for and half of them plagiarised his stuff mercilessly on their road to fame and fortune. He never got the recognition for that.

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
Hillsborough Justice Concert

I remember him being on the stage between live acts and everyone singing WHO THE FOOK WHO THE FOOKK WHO THE FOOKING HELL ARE YOUUUUUUUUU...

He never took no notice and done a song or two in his own side bottom style and had everyone singing in the end sad news that..:(